NTT and Microsoft create new strategic alliance
NTT Corporation and Microsoft have signed a multi-year strategic alliance. It brings together NTT global ICT platform, services and cybersecurity offerings with Microsoft Azure. Microsoft is also deploying its AI solutions on top of the platform. The two companies are also building a Global Digital Fabric and collaborating on a project called IOWN.
NTT has also chosen Microsoft Azure as its preferred cloud platform. This is a significant win for NTT as it is undergoing a massive digital transformation project of its own. It has merged 28 companies to create NTT Ltd. In doing so, it has been reviewing its entire application suite and rationalising it to create a flexible global applications environment.
In a statement Jun Sawada, President and CEO of NTT said: “NTT is committed to helping enterprises realize their digital transformation initiatives to help create a smarter world. We believe that the combination of the Microsoft Azure platform along with NTT’s connected infrastructure and service delivery capabilities will accelerate these efforts. Additionally, the companies will collaborate on IOWN, including areas such as all-photonics network and digital twin computing.”
NTT and Microsoft announce three key initiatives
The press release focuses on three initiatives as part of this deal. They are:
- Formation of a Global Digital Fabric: Bringing together Azure and NTT is a smart move. It gives Microsoft greater access to a single global network to base its cloud connectivity on. More importantly, that network is built on the NTT Communication (now NTT Ltd) assets. 40% of the global Internet traffic traverses it. With the deals Microsoft has for POP access with other providers, this could give it the edge over AWS and Google.
- Development of digital enterprise solutions: This benefits NTT more than Microsoft. It now has a platform on which to standardise all its cloud development including services. At the launch of NTT, Jason Goodall, CEO, made it clear one of the key targets was to focus on developing new services. It will also have a significant benefit for both NTT and Microsoft when it comes to digital cities. There are also plans to deliver cybersecurity solutions which raises the question of whether the two companies will deliver a joint offering extracting the best value from their SOCs.
- Co-innovation of next-generation technologies: From a future perspective this is the most exciting. NTT and Microsoft are to work together on research and development of all-photonics network and digital twin computing. This will be built on NTT’s Innovative Optical and Wireless Network (IOWN) concept. Among the benefits it offers are ultra-low latency which is essential for global cloud services. The current research also claims it will reduce power demands which is a key cost and green initiative.
Enterprise Times: What does this mean
Where to start. This is a highly significant announcement for both organisations. The fact it was made so low-key will raise eyebrows. Both companies get serious advantages out of it and there is no obvious downside.
For NTT, it will allow it to immediately take advantage of the NTT Ltd merger. With a US$5 billion budget to build new datacentres and Microsoft having just won the US JEDI contract, this might seem an interesting fit. However, any major US build-out is likely to go to NTT Data rather than NTT Ltd. That said, NTT Corp still gets revenue from the deal.
In cybersecurity,there is a lot to be explained. Will this mean a merging of teams? That would project one of the largest global security teams with SOCs in key locations. If not a merger, would they cross-sell services? For Microsoft, access to the global threat traffic that gushes out of the NTT Com network is a big benefit.
The jewel in the crown, and something that requires more clarity on is the joint R&D work, especially around IOWN. The potential for an ultra-low latency global IP network is very real. It is also likely to appeal to a lot of very large customers and could see Microsoft take more business off of Amazon and Google as a result.
Industry: Telecommunications / Cloud Computing
- Security Operations Senior Technical Analyst, Financial Services. Exclusive to DCL Search
- 75000 + benefits
Exclusive Security Operations - Senior Technical Analyst (x2) needed within a forward thinking financial services business head quartered in London. DCL Search have been engaged on an Identifier Project to attract the very best cyber talent to this business. Influence the cyber security capability and direction within the business. Learn new skills working within a collaborative team. Grow as a security professional. ROLE Triaging and troubleshooting security alerts. Improve tooling, reducing false positives. Improve processes and documentation Reviewing, approving, escalating security change management requests. Day to day operations, management and scalability of existing cyber security systems. Implementing new cyber security systems. Managing of and maturing security tooling such as; SIEM Vulnerability management Firewalls Patch management CASB Ideal technical experience Vulnerability Management: Qualys Forcepoint: CASB, DLP, web security, email security Microsoft Defender for Endpoint SIEM (Splunk) Firewalls: Cisco, Palo Alto, Juniper, Sonicwall IDS: Alert Logic Microsoft Cloud App Security Microsoft Azure ManageEngine ADAudit Plus Darktrace, Cloudflare, Cisco Umbrella, Imperva WAF Appreciation of ISO27001, GDPR, PCI, etc 2 days a fortnight in London- or more if you want.. Hybrid reworking.
- It's Pen Testing Chris, but not as we’ve know it.
- United Kingdom
5 reasons, as long as you are a skilled penetration tester (and a nice person) this may be different enough for you. Healthy package for the right talents- before you ask up to 95k+ (depending on skillset). Yes permanent only. Remotely based with the occasional time to meet up- unless you enjoy retiring from society. BUT UK based but not UK client focused. Research and training time- A dedicated trainer with budget for you to sharpen / develop skills. You can make your stamp. It’s a new role for someone technical to deliver, lead and shape a testing capability. No political shenanigans etc Exclusive to DCL Search and not one of the usual names. So you can dramatically increase your chances of securing it. Infrastructure pen testing and Web app / Manual penetration testing experience highly valued. Someone that can scope, deliver pen testing, report and not be useless in front of clients. Apply today to find out more. Or email Chris.Holt@dclsearch.com Or call 07884666351 This is a UK based role.
- Ping Contractor-
- Depends on skills and experience
Looking for experienced PIng Consultants, Looking for consultant with Implemenation or Architect experience in the Ping product set (Ping Identity, Ping Federate, Ping Access, Ping Directory, Ping Adapter development, SDK etc) This would be for implementation projects, working across UK. You will be responsible for providing implementation services to our clients from information gathering through to implementation. Evaluating client business, process, systems, and technology requirements and advise clients on best practices to help guide and solidify proposed designs. Manage Client expectations, Stakeholder Managment, ensuring design Matches business requirements
- Cyber Security Operations Engineer / Analyst. AWS experience. Remotely based. UK
- United Kingdom
Cyber Security Operations Engineer / Analyst. AWS experience. REMOTE UK. In house role. Senior role to technically lead and grow where required a security operations capability within an in house role. New position. Exclusive to DCL Search. You role will touch on the following Security Monitoring- Threat Analysis, Maturing monitoring capability. Utilising SIEM tools Vulnerability Management- Identifying threats to internal assets- working with internal teams to patch. Cloud based vulnerability tool experience preferred. Access Control Management- Mature policy and process of RBAC. Ideally AWS KMS experience. Vulnerability Testing- Aiding with Pen test scoping in line with identified vulnerabilities. Working internally to plan and track remediation actions. Security Incident Management- Triaging alerts, evidence capture, escalation, diagnose and fix. Working within a Cloud based environment. Ideally AWS. Security Patch Management Support & Assistance – Approach methods, solutions, and policy alignment. Disaster Recovery planning Change Management AWS CLOUD experience essential. Contact me today for more information Chris.Holt@dclsearch.com/ 07884666351