When a job isn't really a job
I have personally recruited into the Cyber Security industry for 15 years and I have sadly witnessed a significant number of companies posting fake jobs across the various platforms, especially over 2020.
I wanted to explain some of the different types of fake jobs, why they exist and how you can qualify them quickly.
- An algorithm reposting old jobs from companies that no longer exist. At the time of writing this article there is a part time Payroll Administrator for 2e2 in the UK. That company doesn't exist in the UK, something isn’t quite right here.
- Companies (not recruiters) posting job advert to collecting candidate applications for potential future employment. Often stating they are creating a pool of candidates.
- This is a grey area as personal data should not be kept longer than is necessary for the particular purpose for which it is being retained. How, where, why and for how long is the data being held?
- Less than legitimate recruiters posting a fake jobs to attract candidate CV’s so they can pitch them out to the market. Imagine the impression if one or more ‘recruiter’ sends your CV out to the same companies.
- I don’t actively use job boards, however the www.DCLsearch.com is indexed / scrapped, probably via google, and some of our roles are posted on the various job board platforms. No idea why or how and I certainly don’t pay for it.
- Other recruitment businesses post jobs on their website to make it look like they are busy. Those jobs are indexed / scrapped and also posted on job boards- Their replies go un answered as they don’t exit.
- A company is hiring but has a purple squirrel wish list as long as your arm and aren’t exactly clear what they want. Can be a waste of time.
The simplest and often quickest way to clarify if a role is real is is to call the company that is advertising for the position. Being proactive will give you a better chance in being selected for interview then just waiting for the internal HR team to sift through the many hundreds of applications.
If you have any other tips please do comment and share.
- ForgeRock Consultant
- Upto €85000 plus benefits
ForgeRock deployment consultant is needed for this expanding IT Services business within Spain, to act as their ForgeRock technical lead, Responsibilities include: High level and low level design, Scoping the techical needs of the project design, configure, develop and test the forgeRock deployment. We are looking for a strong IAM consultant ideally with ForgeRock experience, Must have strong Oauth 2.0, SAML and API experience
- IAM Consultant
- Upto €85000 plus benefits
An Identity & Access Management Consultant is needed for an expanding IT Security consultancy, based in France. (Remote role with monthly office meet-ups) The Identity & Access Management Consultant will be responsible for the technical design and implementation of Identity & Access Management/IAM products for a wide variety of clients. Deliver bespoke end-to-end consultancy service to our clients, from gathering requirements through to implementation. Work in a close team designing, developing, and implementing first-class IAM solutions. Manage client relationships, working closely with key stakeholders to continually evaluate business requirements and ensure the highest quality solution delivery. If you are interested we are looking for an individual with Previous experience working within the IAM or CIAM field is essential, Strong knowledge with SAML and Oauth and ideally OpenID Previous experience from any of these technologies: One Identity, SailPoint, Saviynt, Ubisecure, Ping Identity, would be advantageous
- Ping Identity Support Consultant- IAM Support
- upto €60,000 plus benefits
As the Ping Support specialist, you would be part of a team focused on Single Sign On (SSO) / Federation and Multifactor authentication, protecting our clients from unauthorized access and cyberattacks. The position is to provide 2nd/ 3rd line support, for the following tech. SSO, Federation, Reverse Proxy infrastructure, Apache servers, and its associated components and applications To be responsible for the day to day operational support, performance, tactical lifecycle management, and continuous improvement of the respective IT infrastructure. We are looking for someone with strong SAML and OAuth Knowledge as well as experience supporting the Ping portfolio of solutions Identity, Access, Federate
- IAM Architect Ping Identity, Access Federate
- Up to €110,000 plus benefits
An experienced Ping Identity Architect is needed for this global brand who are looking for someone who wants to join a growing Cyber Security team. We are looking for a senior Architect who can be responsible for the full IAM portfolio, including overseeing all BAU work as well as being responsible for the future strategy and development of the IAM portfolio further development and strategy You will be responsible for ensuring all architectures and best practices within the architecture framework are maintained and developed We are looking for someone with a strong Ping background, in Ping identity, federate, and Access, you will have worked as a senior consultant or architect in previous roles and ideally have some team-leading experience You will have good knowledge of architectural principles and patterns and their implementation into system and software design Experience in handling container technologies, cloud technologies, CI/CD (DevOps) and LDAP