When a job isn't really a job
I have personally recruited into the Cyber Security industry for 15 years and I have sadly witnessed a significant number of companies posting fake jobs across the various platforms, especially over 2020.
I wanted to explain some of the different types of fake jobs, why they exist and how you can qualify them quickly.
- An algorithm reposting old jobs from companies that no longer exist. At the time of writing this article there is a part time Payroll Administrator for 2e2 in the UK. That company doesn't exist in the UK, something isn’t quite right here.
- Companies (not recruiters) posting job advert to collecting candidate applications for potential future employment. Often stating they are creating a pool of candidates.
- This is a grey area as personal data should not be kept longer than is necessary for the particular purpose for which it is being retained. How, where, why and for how long is the data being held?
- Less than legitimate recruiters posting a fake jobs to attract candidate CV’s so they can pitch them out to the market. Imagine the impression if one or more ‘recruiter’ sends your CV out to the same companies.
- I don’t actively use job boards, however the www.DCLsearch.com is indexed / scrapped, probably via google, and some of our roles are posted on the various job board platforms. No idea why or how and I certainly don’t pay for it.
- Other recruitment businesses post jobs on their website to make it look like they are busy. Those jobs are indexed / scrapped and also posted on job boards- Their replies go un answered as they don’t exit.
- A company is hiring but has a purple squirrel wish list as long as your arm and aren’t exactly clear what they want. Can be a waste of time.
The simplest and often quickest way to clarify if a role is real is is to call the company that is advertising for the position. Being proactive will give you a better chance in being selected for interview then just waiting for the internal HR team to sift through the many hundreds of applications.
If you have any other tips please do comment and share.
- IAM Consultant- OKTA
- upto €90,000 plus benefits
I am looking for an experienced IAM process Manager to help drive forward a series of IAM implementation for a global Manufacturing business, Ideally you will be skilled with Okta and have knowledge of PAM Solutions, You will be responsible for: Driving the design and continuous improvement of complex IAM solutions in close collaboration with business partners Consult on the optimisation of IAM processes and design proper IT-based solutions to meet availability and quality targets Define technical specifications for SW-development (standards, design patterns, test cases, scenarios) and manage the life cycle of designed solutions Actively scan for relevant innovations and new technologies to identify further potential for improving IAM solutions and processes using OKTA Analyse new features of the regular Okta releases We are looking for someone with strong IAM experience as an Architect, Analyst, Technical Engineer, or similar role in the Identity and Security domain Experience with relevant certifications in development/administration, design and configuration of the Okta IAM platforms Familiar with LCM - joiners, movers, leavers, application federation - SAML, OIDC, SCIM and many other IAM terms Good mix of competences in IAM business process and project management concepts and tools e.g., ServiceNow, Jira, PRINCE2, SCRUM (agile)
- SAP Security Consultant
- upto €70,000 plus benefits
I am looking for an experienced SAP Security Consultant. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of SAP security concepts and be able to apply them to real-world scenarios. ideally you will also have experience with Securitybridge or Onapsis, or a similar SAP security tool. Your responsibilities will include: Reviewing and auditing SAP security settings and controls Identifying and remediating security vulnerabilities Implementing security best practices Educating users on SAP security Experience experience in SAP security Experience with Securitybridge or Onapsis, or a similar SAP security tool would be very advantageous Strong understanding of SAP security concepts Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills Excellent communication and presentation skills Fluent in French & English
- Post Grad MSc Cyber security - Junior Cyber Risk Analyst wanted. UK
- United Kingdom
- Entry role
The perfect start to your new Cyber Security Career. Post Graduate Cyber Risk Analyst Wanted. Are you are fresh from earning your Cyber Security MSc and eager to start your career in Cyber Security? We are looking for a recent post graduate to join a forward thinking Cyber Security Consultancy for the ideal entry role into Cyber Security. Whilst employed industry experience is not expected, as full training and support will be provided, a history of recent education in Cyber Security / Cyber Risk is essential. We are looking for someone with an inquisitive mind, who is confident to ask the right questions and who isn't afraid to challenge the status quo. Superb communication skills are a must (in person, written and verbal) This is a UK based role that is remote first with monthly travel (1-2 a month) to meet with the team and in time to meet clients. If you aren’t available to travel this isn’t the opportunity. We are unable to provide VISA sponsorship as there will be a requirement to achieve Security clearance If you're adaptable, open to fresh perspectives, and excited to be part of a forward-thinking team and looking for an opportunity to help make a difference in a Cyber consulting role, this opportunity is for you. For more information apply here……
- Microsoft Exchange Contractor | London | OUTSIDE IR35 | SC Cleared
- OUTSIDE IR35
Microsoft Exchange Contractor | London | OUTSIDE IR35 | SC Cleared • We require someone that has experience of migration exchange from windows server 2012 to 2019. • In depth understand of On-Prem exchange server management and deployment. • Experience migrating On-Prem exchange servers from 2012 upwards. • Secure Email Gateway experience essential Due to the nature of the requirement the individual must be commutable to London 2-3 days a week.