Equinix to Open New Data Center in Warsaw
Equinix, Inc., the global interconnection and data center company, today announced the development of a new data center in Warsaw, opening in Q1 2020. Known as WA3, the new International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data center will offer state-of-the-art colocation, as well as a host of advanced interconnection services. By bringing this capacity to market, Equinix is helping Polish businesses to advance their business digitization and cloud transformation initiatives, as well as enabling global businesses to expand their digital operations in Poland.
Today's organizations are working hard to transform the way they create value in a digital world. Digital disruption is causing IP traffic to explode worldwide, accelerating the need for connectivity. Companies can extend network infrastructure to the edge and enhance workload performance by shortening the distance between digital services and users. By providing this increased capacity in Warsaw, Equinix will expand its role in advancing the digital economy, in which businesses are demanding increasing levels of interconnection to accelerate business performance.
Highlights / Key Facts
- With a greater metropolitan area of 3.1 million people, Warsaw is: the eighth-most populous capital city in the European Union; Eastern Europe's second-largest economy; and a significant center of research and development, business process outsourcing and information technology outsourcing for international companies.
- The new investment in WA3 is one of many new builds in Equinix's growing global platform—Platform Equinix®—which consists of more than 200 data centers and enables connectivity to customers and partners across digital supply chains.
- Equinix's Warsaw data centers offer dense concentrations of telecommunications, cloud and IT services, and financial services companies. Equinix has over 350 customers in Warsaw today with more than 190 network service providers and over 60 cloud service providers. This rich business ecosystem provides the opportunity for businesses to directly connect with one another in a secure environment with increased performance.
- The first phase of WA3 will add 475 cabinets and more than 1,400m2 (15,200 ft.2) of colocation data center space. The WA3 data center will incorporate many of the latest standards in building innovation. For example, the facility will include a mist system for fire suppression.
- Equinix is helping Polish businesses to advance their business digitization and cloud
transformation. With the WA3 IBX, Polish businesses will have the ability to leverage other Equinix solutions including Equinix Cloud Exchange Fabric™ (ECX Fabric™) and Equinix SmartKey® for security key encryption. WA3 will also offer access to Equinix's Internet Exchange (formerly PLIX) which enables network operators, including ISPs and content providers, to easily and effectively exchange network traffic with over 180 peers.
- Equinix previously announced that it will invest US$45 million over the next five years in a Product Development Center in Warsaw to design advanced, customer-inspired, software-defined networking products; develop virtual IT infrastructure capabilities; and perform data science-backed IT infrastructure research aimed at accelerating global digital business. The PDC in Warsaw is one of three Equinix innovation locations of its kind globally, in addition to Singapore and Silicon Valley.
- Penny Jones, Research Director — MTDC & Managed Services Multi-Tenant Datacenter, 451 Research:
"The Polish market has recently seen local enterprises and service providers turning more frequently to colocation services as they realize that maintaining mission-critical facilities is a complex and costly endeavour. This additional investment in Warsaw shows Equinix's commitment to its clientele to support growing demand for interconnected data centers to help enterprises expand their digital edge."
- Robert Busz, Managing Director, Equinix Poland:
"For our Polish customers and indeed the market generally, data sovereignty is both topical and a big concern for local organizations. WA3 will be a big milestone and aid in further establishing cloud data sovereignty in Poland. Through our interconnection platform, large footprint in WA3 and via ECX Fabric, we can offer a perfect local ecosystem for global cloud service providers."
- SailPoint Integration Consultant
- Upto £75000 plus benefits
SailPoint Integration Consultant. SailPoint Integration Consultant is needed for this expanding service business to help them with complex deployment with their FTSE focused customer base. They are looking for experienced SailPoint Integration Consultants who have: • Strong solution designing experience with in depth understanding of IAM concepts and thorough understanding of Sailpoint domain. • Thorough understanding of Identity and Access Governance concepts • Leading and creating Identity & Access Management (IAM) technical architecture • Secure by Design principles in Identify Access management, Privilege Access management • Familiar with cloud architectures, data management and source control from a security perspective. This is a great opportunity to join a business that is growing and looking for individuals who want to grow and develop and work on some of the most complex Sailpoint deployments.
- CyberArk Integration Consultant
- Greater London
- upto 75,000 plus benefits
CyberArk Integration Consultant. CyberArk Integration Consultant is needed for this expanding service business to help them with complex deployment with their FTSE focused customer base. They are looking for experienced CyberArk Integration Consultants who have: • Strong solution designing experience with in depth understanding of IAM concepts and thorough understanding of CyberArk domain. • Thorough understanding of Identity and Access Governance concepts • Leading and creating Identity & Access Management (IAM) technical architecture • Secure by Design principles in Identify Access management, Privilege Access management • Familiar with cloud architectures, data management and source control from a security perspective. This is a great opportunity to join a business that is growing and looking for individuals who want to grow and develop and work on some of the most complex CyberArk deployments.
- Penetration Tester, UK based. Ability to achieve SC clearance
- United Kingdom
Experienced Penetration tester- UK based with the ability to achieve SC clearance. On-going training and development and paid certifications / renewals. Interested to hear from all areas of penetration testing, web app, infrastructure, mobile, etc. MUST have current hands on experience delivering penetration testing. Ideally from a consultancy background with experience working with multiple clients. OSCP / CREST / CHECK / Tigerscheme penetration testing experience / certifications desirable. Apply today for more details. All information kept in the strictest of confidence.
- Senior Data Privacy Specialist, London. CIPT
REF CH7875 £60,000 Senior Data Privacy Specialist, London. CIPT Senior Data Privacy Specialist needed to help advise client on project and programmes relating to Data Privacy and compliance. UK based role. Ideally looking for someone that has a strong appreciation of technology and Data Privacy that can work with clients to develop or enhance their strategies, policies, processes and techniques to manage cybersecurity risks while enabling business driven data. Certified Information Privacy Technologists (CIPT), Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe CIPP/E experience and or certification highly desirable. Specific experience within the healthcare industry is of particular interest. All details kept in confidence Apply today for more information