Equinix to Open New Data Center in Warsaw
Equinix, Inc., the global interconnection and data center company, today announced the development of a new data center in Warsaw, opening in Q1 2020. Known as WA3, the new International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data center will offer state-of-the-art colocation, as well as a host of advanced interconnection services. By bringing this capacity to market, Equinix is helping Polish businesses to advance their business digitization and cloud transformation initiatives, as well as enabling global businesses to expand their digital operations in Poland.
Today's organizations are working hard to transform the way they create value in a digital world. Digital disruption is causing IP traffic to explode worldwide, accelerating the need for connectivity. Companies can extend network infrastructure to the edge and enhance workload performance by shortening the distance between digital services and users. By providing this increased capacity in Warsaw, Equinix will expand its role in advancing the digital economy, in which businesses are demanding increasing levels of interconnection to accelerate business performance.
Highlights / Key Facts
- With a greater metropolitan area of 3.1 million people, Warsaw is: the eighth-most populous capital city in the European Union; Eastern Europe's second-largest economy; and a significant center of research and development, business process outsourcing and information technology outsourcing for international companies.
- The new investment in WA3 is one of many new builds in Equinix's growing global platform—Platform Equinix®—which consists of more than 200 data centers and enables connectivity to customers and partners across digital supply chains.
- Equinix's Warsaw data centers offer dense concentrations of telecommunications, cloud and IT services, and financial services companies. Equinix has over 350 customers in Warsaw today with more than 190 network service providers and over 60 cloud service providers. This rich business ecosystem provides the opportunity for businesses to directly connect with one another in a secure environment with increased performance.
- The first phase of WA3 will add 475 cabinets and more than 1,400m2 (15,200 ft.2) of colocation data center space. The WA3 data center will incorporate many of the latest standards in building innovation. For example, the facility will include a mist system for fire suppression.
- Equinix is helping Polish businesses to advance their business digitization and cloud
transformation. With the WA3 IBX, Polish businesses will have the ability to leverage other Equinix solutions including Equinix Cloud Exchange Fabric™ (ECX Fabric™) and Equinix SmartKey® for security key encryption. WA3 will also offer access to Equinix's Internet Exchange (formerly PLIX) which enables network operators, including ISPs and content providers, to easily and effectively exchange network traffic with over 180 peers.
- Equinix previously announced that it will invest US$45 million over the next five years in a Product Development Center in Warsaw to design advanced, customer-inspired, software-defined networking products; develop virtual IT infrastructure capabilities; and perform data science-backed IT infrastructure research aimed at accelerating global digital business. The PDC in Warsaw is one of three Equinix innovation locations of its kind globally, in addition to Singapore and Silicon Valley.
- Penny Jones, Research Director — MTDC & Managed Services Multi-Tenant Datacenter, 451 Research:
"The Polish market has recently seen local enterprises and service providers turning more frequently to colocation services as they realize that maintaining mission-critical facilities is a complex and costly endeavour. This additional investment in Warsaw shows Equinix's commitment to its clientele to support growing demand for interconnected data centers to help enterprises expand their digital edge."
- Robert Busz, Managing Director, Equinix Poland:
"For our Polish customers and indeed the market generally, data sovereignty is both topical and a big concern for local organizations. WA3 will be a big milestone and aid in further establishing cloud data sovereignty in Poland. Through our interconnection platform, large footprint in WA3 and via ECX Fabric, we can offer a perfect local ecosystem for global cloud service providers."
- CONTRACT SIEM Cyber Security Operations Engineer. REMOTE OUTSIDE IR35
- United Kingdom
REFCH8165 CONTRACT SIEM Cyber Security Operations Engineer. REMOTE UK SIEM Engineer. 6 month Contract. OUTSIDE IR35 Working towards a "SOC 2" environment. CLOUD (AWS) experience essential. Three key functions; Monitor, Escalate and Triage incidents. Vulnerability Management / threat intel. SIEM configuration / management, review, enhancement More specifically; Work with internal teams to identify assets. Identity applicable threat feeds and work with internal teams to remediate. Patch Patch Patch. (Help mature process / identify gaps) Configuration / fine tuning of SIEM alerts. Create dashboards, Compliance reporting. Log ingestion. Experience across ISO27001 / SOC2 / SIEM / End Point Security is essential Contact me today for more information Chris.Holt@dclsearch.com Or 07884666351
- Cyber Security Operations Engineer. REMOTE UK. SOC2
- United Kingdom
REF8164 Cyber Security Operations Engineer. REMOTE UK Internal opportunity. New position. Exclusive to DCL Search. You will be the hands on technical eyes and ears of the Cyber security capability actively working to ensure and enhance the adherence to ISO27001 and "SOC 2" controls. You role will touch on the following · Security Monitoring- SIEM · Vulnerability Management / Testing · Incident Management · Asset management · Disaster Recovery planning · Change Management AWS Cloud experience is essential as is the ability to ensure patch management is prioritised across the business. Any CLOUD SIEM experience highly desirable. Contact me today for more information Chris.Holt@dclsearch.com Or 07884666351
- Lead Security Architect
- United Kingdom
Engage with key clients in an Architectural / technical presales capacity. Including Stakeholders, end users / partners. Working on new and existing Security projects to confirm that proposed solutions are fit for purpose from both a technical and regulatory capacity. Working closely with multiple vendor . Managed security service background ideal CLOUD Security (AZURE OR AWS), IDAM background ideal.
- Threat Vulnerability Management Analyst
- United Kingdom
To monitor, identify and alert internal teams of cyber threats and vulnerabilities. MIRE Att&ck, CIS, OWASP, Vulnerability management tools MUST be able to commute to central London MUST be able to achieve UK SC Clearance. On going support and development.