Equinix to Open New Data Center in Warsaw
Equinix, Inc., the global interconnection and data center company, today announced the development of a new data center in Warsaw, opening in Q1 2020. Known as WA3, the new International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data center will offer state-of-the-art colocation, as well as a host of advanced interconnection services. By bringing this capacity to market, Equinix is helping Polish businesses to advance their business digitization and cloud transformation initiatives, as well as enabling global businesses to expand their digital operations in Poland.
Today's organizations are working hard to transform the way they create value in a digital world. Digital disruption is causing IP traffic to explode worldwide, accelerating the need for connectivity. Companies can extend network infrastructure to the edge and enhance workload performance by shortening the distance between digital services and users. By providing this increased capacity in Warsaw, Equinix will expand its role in advancing the digital economy, in which businesses are demanding increasing levels of interconnection to accelerate business performance.
Highlights / Key Facts
- With a greater metropolitan area of 3.1 million people, Warsaw is: the eighth-most populous capital city in the European Union; Eastern Europe's second-largest economy; and a significant center of research and development, business process outsourcing and information technology outsourcing for international companies.
- The new investment in WA3 is one of many new builds in Equinix's growing global platform—Platform Equinix®—which consists of more than 200 data centers and enables connectivity to customers and partners across digital supply chains.
- Equinix's Warsaw data centers offer dense concentrations of telecommunications, cloud and IT services, and financial services companies. Equinix has over 350 customers in Warsaw today with more than 190 network service providers and over 60 cloud service providers. This rich business ecosystem provides the opportunity for businesses to directly connect with one another in a secure environment with increased performance.
- The first phase of WA3 will add 475 cabinets and more than 1,400m2 (15,200 ft.2) of colocation data center space. The WA3 data center will incorporate many of the latest standards in building innovation. For example, the facility will include a mist system for fire suppression.
- Equinix is helping Polish businesses to advance their business digitization and cloud
transformation. With the WA3 IBX, Polish businesses will have the ability to leverage other Equinix solutions including Equinix Cloud Exchange Fabric™ (ECX Fabric™) and Equinix SmartKey® for security key encryption. WA3 will also offer access to Equinix's Internet Exchange (formerly PLIX) which enables network operators, including ISPs and content providers, to easily and effectively exchange network traffic with over 180 peers.
- Equinix previously announced that it will invest US$45 million over the next five years in a Product Development Center in Warsaw to design advanced, customer-inspired, software-defined networking products; develop virtual IT infrastructure capabilities; and perform data science-backed IT infrastructure research aimed at accelerating global digital business. The PDC in Warsaw is one of three Equinix innovation locations of its kind globally, in addition to Singapore and Silicon Valley.
- Penny Jones, Research Director — MTDC & Managed Services Multi-Tenant Datacenter, 451 Research:
"The Polish market has recently seen local enterprises and service providers turning more frequently to colocation services as they realize that maintaining mission-critical facilities is a complex and costly endeavour. This additional investment in Warsaw shows Equinix's commitment to its clientele to support growing demand for interconnected data centers to help enterprises expand their digital edge."
- Robert Busz, Managing Director, Equinix Poland:
"For our Polish customers and indeed the market generally, data sovereignty is both topical and a big concern for local organizations. WA3 will be a big milestone and aid in further establishing cloud data sovereignty in Poland. Through our interconnection platform, large footprint in WA3 and via ECX Fabric, we can offer a perfect local ecosystem for global cloud service providers."
- IAM developer - Saviynt
- United Kingdom
- Upto £60,000 plus benefits
IAM developer/ Consultant is required for a global consultancy who are looking to expand their deployment team within the UK Looking for a IAM developer who has experience with at least one of the following vendors Saviynt, Clearskye, Beyond Trust or Okta You will be part of a deployment team, involved in a number of high profile projects Key duties will be: implement IAM solutions to ensure secure access to applications, systems, and data for authorized users. This may involve integrating technologies and standards such as SAML, OAuth, LDAP, and RBAC. Conduct IAM audits and assessments: to identify vulnerabilities, gaps, and areas for improvement. Provide IAM support and troubleshooting and resolve incidents related to user access, authentication, and authorization.
- Lead Cyber Security Incident Response Consultant.
- United Kingdom
Seeking skilled and passionate UK-based individual for a Lead Cyber Security Incident Response Consultant opportunity 3 core skillsets for the role Hands on technical incident response (triage and planning). Business consultancy (engaging with clients). Commercial awareness. Being able to engage in business growth conversations. Consultancy experience is an essential as it the ability to visit clients and the office. Additional experience will include, but not be limited to: Developing incident response strategies, guides and procedures for effective incident handling Proactive and reactive defense plans based on cyber threat actors' techniques Offering guidance, supervision, and fostering opportunities for team development Significant career development opportunities for the right individuals.
- OUTSIDE IR35 Contract- Functional tester- SC clearance Microsoft Windows Server
- Outside IR35 contract
Front End Functional tester with SC clearance needed for an Outside IR35 project. Current valid SC clearance is required Experience with functional testing with exchange, sharepoint, SQL and other applications relating across a windows server Migration to 2019. Must be able to get to Central London 3 days a week. Jira, Wiki documentation and automation experience highly desirable.
- ForgeRock Consultant- UK
- United Kingdom
- Upto £100,000 plus benefits
ForgeRock Consultant/ Architect is require for niche consultancy who are looking to expand their presence within the UK/European Market Looking for a lead IAM architect, ideally with ForgeRock experience but would consider other vendors, But looking for someone who is able to advice and consultant with Clients but have the implementation background so they can get involved in projects as and when needed. Key duties will be: Provider IAM consultancy to clients, with a focus on ForgeRock Product stack ·Responsible for the design and implementation of ForgeRock solutions ·Install and configure ForgeRock stack to meet customer authentication and authorization requirements, ·Design and implement OAuth2 protocol using ForgeRock OpenAM, ·Design and develop OpenAM custom authentication modules, ·Configure ForgeRock stack to protect RESTful API, ·Troubleshoot and support ForgeRock IAM stack. This is a great role to join a niche play as they look to kick of their European expansion