Varonis Announces Third Quarter 2019 Financial Results
Varonis Systems, Inc., a pioneer in data security and analytics, today announced results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2019.
Yaki Faitelson, Varonis CEO, said, “We are very pleased with our third-quarter results. Revenues of $65.6 million significantly exceeded the high end of our guidance, while we also saw an acceleration in our subscription model transition, with 74% of total license revenues from subscription products compared to our original expectation of 55%. The team is executing well, and our transition is almost complete.” Mr. Faitelson added, “We continue to see strong adoption by both new and existing customers as they seek to manage their sensitive data with Varonis’ Data Security Platform that reduces risk, detects and responds to threats, and improves regulatory compliance.”
“We are pleased to see our customers making larger investments that allow them to more quickly realize the value of the Varonis Data Security Platform. With our rapid transition to a subscription model, the underlying fundamentals of our business continue to strengthen,” said Guy Melamed, Varonis CFO and COO. “Our updated full-year guidance includes the third quarter revenues beat, offset by the headwind from the substantial increase in our fourth quarter subscription guidance mix to approximately 75% from 40%. Without this increase in subscription mix, we would have shown a meaningful raise to the fourth quarter and full-year guidance we provided last quarter.”
Financial Summary for the Third Quarter Ended September 30, 2019
- Subscription revenues were $23.3 million, or 74% of license revenues, compared with $2.5 million, or 7% of license revenues, in the third quarter of 2018.
- Maintenance and services revenues were $34.1 million, up 10% compared with the third quarter of 2018.
- Total revenues were $65.6 million, compared to $67.1 million in the third quarter of 2018, reflecting the accelerated transition to a subscription-based model and generating a higher-than-guided third-quarter subscription revenues mix.
- GAAP operating loss was ($16.0) million for the quarter, compared to ($6.8) million in the third quarter of 2018.
- Non-GAAP operating loss was ($4.7) million for the quarter, compared to non-GAAP operating income of $2.0 million in the third quarter of 2018.
- As of September 30, 2019, the Company had $131.4 million in cash and cash equivalents, marketable securities and short-term deposits.
- During the nine months ended September 30, 2019, the Company used ($10.7) million of cash from operations, compared to $16.3 million generated in the prior-year period, reflecting the accelerated transition to a subscription-based model.
The tables at the end of this press release include a reconciliation of GAAP to non-GAAP income (loss) from operations and net income (loss) for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2019, and 2018. An explanation of these measures is also included below under the heading "Non-GAAP Financial Measures and Key Performance Indicators."
Key Performance Indicators and Recent Business Highlights
- ARR, or annual recurring revenues, were $178.9 million at the end of the third quarter, up 52% over the prior-year period.
- Generated 50% of license and first-year maintenance revenues from existing customers and 50% from new customers in the third quarter of 2019, compared to 53% and 47%, respectively, in the prior-year period.
- Added 148 new customers during the third quarter of 2019 compared with 188 in the prior-year period.
- For the third quarter of 2019, total revenues in North America were $47.4 million, total revenues from EMEA were $16.7 million, and total revenues from Rest of World were $1.5 million.
- As of September 30, 2019, 75% of customers had purchased two or more product families, and 43% had purchased three or more product families, up from 72% and 39%, respectively, as of September 30, 2018.
- Security Analyst. Financial Services. UK. Permanent
CH7863 Security Analyst. End User . Financial Services Security Analyst needed to monitor and manage a security suite of tools within an End User environment. The Security Analyst will be responsible monitoring, configuring, fine tuning, incident management and generally improving the security tool capability. Specific experience with CyberArk, Tripwire Log Center and Tripwire Enterprise is highly desirable). Current experience with Vulnerability management and penetration testing is highly desirable. Specifically the ability to effectively manage 3rd party pen tests. You will be working within a specialist security team reporting to the CISO. Experience working within an end user environment within financial services is highly desirable. Flexible location. This is an exclusive role to DCL Search & Selection. To book a call please use my Calendy link https://calendly.com/chris-holt/arranged-call-with-chris-holt-soc-role-
- DevSecOps - Security design / review consultant. SC Clearance. London
CH7858 London £70,000 DevSecOps - Security design / review consultant. DevSecOps - Security design / review consultant will ensure that newly created, public facing apps are secure by design and by default by aligning them to current / best practice security policies and standards into the design phases. The individual must have a technical software / application development background with specalist experinece in secure architecture design. (Frameworks, processes, best practice etc) Practical experience translating and ensuring that the OWASP top 10, ISO27001, HMG frameworks requirements are reviewed and embedded into project designs which are implemented is essential. Experience working projects through a full development lifecycle is key. You will work along side the design and project teams to idenitfy and mitigate risks throughout the design phases. This is a permanent role. SC clearance is essential as is the ability to get to the London office. (When appropiate #covid) Security DevSecOps consultant. To arrange a discreet call book via https://calendly.com/chris-holt/devsecopp--security-design-review-consultant
- CONTRACTOR Cyber Vulnerability Analyst, NESSUS, Rapid 7, SC clearance required.
Cyber Vulnerability analyst NESSUS, Rapid 7, needed for IMMEDIATE 3 month contract MUST have / be able to achieve UK SC clearance role to work within a live environment within a public sector department. The individual must have experience in using various security methods and tools such as Rapid7 and NESSUS scan for / identify vulnerabilities, prioritise them according to risk and raise appropriate tickets for remediation / follow up. In depth experience utilising Nessus highly beneficial. Current cyber public sector experience highly desirable.
- Internal Security Auditor, Level 1 Service Provider (ISO27001)
- Upto 55,000 plus benefits
Internal Security Auditor ISO 27001, PCI, needed to join a Cyber team within this expanding Fintech business. The Internal Security Auditor will have end to end responsibility for planning, delivering, remediating any findings etc. Experience working within financial services is highly desirable. This Is a great time to join a newly formed and growing Cyber team within a rapidly expanding fintech, that is taking a major share of its market. We are looking for someone with experience, (but not to be limited to) a mix of Information Security standards, frameworks, audit principles, controls / policies and the management and use of the technical tooling etc. ISO 22301, ISO 27001, NIST Cybersecurity Framework etc An ideal candidate will be working within an end user environment with a cyber consultancy background. Experience taking a company through accreditation is highly desirable Experience managing internal stakeholders, technical teams and external third parties essential Flexible working, but with the ability to get into London. This is an exclusive role to DCL Search & Selection.