Varonis Announces Third Quarter 2019 Financial Results
Varonis Systems, Inc., a pioneer in data security and analytics, today announced results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2019.
Yaki Faitelson, Varonis CEO, said, “We are very pleased with our third-quarter results. Revenues of $65.6 million significantly exceeded the high end of our guidance, while we also saw an acceleration in our subscription model transition, with 74% of total license revenues from subscription products compared to our original expectation of 55%. The team is executing well, and our transition is almost complete.” Mr. Faitelson added, “We continue to see strong adoption by both new and existing customers as they seek to manage their sensitive data with Varonis’ Data Security Platform that reduces risk, detects and responds to threats, and improves regulatory compliance.”
“We are pleased to see our customers making larger investments that allow them to more quickly realize the value of the Varonis Data Security Platform. With our rapid transition to a subscription model, the underlying fundamentals of our business continue to strengthen,” said Guy Melamed, Varonis CFO and COO. “Our updated full-year guidance includes the third quarter revenues beat, offset by the headwind from the substantial increase in our fourth quarter subscription guidance mix to approximately 75% from 40%. Without this increase in subscription mix, we would have shown a meaningful raise to the fourth quarter and full-year guidance we provided last quarter.”
Financial Summary for the Third Quarter Ended September 30, 2019
- Subscription revenues were $23.3 million, or 74% of license revenues, compared with $2.5 million, or 7% of license revenues, in the third quarter of 2018.
- Maintenance and services revenues were $34.1 million, up 10% compared with the third quarter of 2018.
- Total revenues were $65.6 million, compared to $67.1 million in the third quarter of 2018, reflecting the accelerated transition to a subscription-based model and generating a higher-than-guided third-quarter subscription revenues mix.
- GAAP operating loss was ($16.0) million for the quarter, compared to ($6.8) million in the third quarter of 2018.
- Non-GAAP operating loss was ($4.7) million for the quarter, compared to non-GAAP operating income of $2.0 million in the third quarter of 2018.
- As of September 30, 2019, the Company had $131.4 million in cash and cash equivalents, marketable securities and short-term deposits.
- During the nine months ended September 30, 2019, the Company used ($10.7) million of cash from operations, compared to $16.3 million generated in the prior-year period, reflecting the accelerated transition to a subscription-based model.
The tables at the end of this press release include a reconciliation of GAAP to non-GAAP income (loss) from operations and net income (loss) for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2019, and 2018. An explanation of these measures is also included below under the heading "Non-GAAP Financial Measures and Key Performance Indicators."
Key Performance Indicators and Recent Business Highlights
- ARR, or annual recurring revenues, were $178.9 million at the end of the third quarter, up 52% over the prior-year period.
- Generated 50% of license and first-year maintenance revenues from existing customers and 50% from new customers in the third quarter of 2019, compared to 53% and 47%, respectively, in the prior-year period.
- Added 148 new customers during the third quarter of 2019 compared with 188 in the prior-year period.
- For the third quarter of 2019, total revenues in North America were $47.4 million, total revenues from EMEA were $16.7 million, and total revenues from Rest of World were $1.5 million.
- As of September 30, 2019, 75% of customers had purchased two or more product families, and 43% had purchased three or more product families, up from 72% and 39%, respectively, as of September 30, 2018.
- DevSecOpp- Security design / review consultant. SC Clearance. London
CH7838 London £70,000 DevSecOpp- Security design / review consultant. DevSecOpp- Security design / review consultant will ensure that newly created, public facing apps are secure by design and by default by aligning them to current / best practice security policies and standards into the design phases. The individual must have a technical software / application development background with specalist experinece in secure architecture design. (Frameworks, processes, best practice etc) Practical experience translating and ensuring that the OWASP top 10, ISO27001, HMG frameworks requirements are reviewed and embedded into project designs which are implemented is essential. Experience working projects through a full development lifecycle is key. You will work along side the design and project teams to idenitfy and mitigate risks throughout the design phases. This is a permanent role. SC clearance is essential as is the ability to get to the London office. (When appropiate #covid) Security DevSecOps consultant. To arrange a discreet call book via https://calendly.com/chris-holt/devsecopp--security-design-review-consultant
- SPLUNK SOC Analyst level 3, London.
SPLUNK SOC Analyst level 3, Must be able to commute to the City of London. Onsite role. Security clearance needed. The SPLUNK SOC Analyst level 3 must have current experience working within a SOC environment with specific experience using a range of tools and techniques to investigate security incidents. Current experience with Splunk is essential. any additional experience Individuals with Elastic Security SIEM are highly desirable. Any of the following certifications are desirable Splunk Phantom certified admin, Splunk Core Certified Power User / Advanced, Splunk Certified Enterprise Security Admin, etc The role will include, but not be limited to working with sophisticated information security tools, investigating security incidents, incident management, technical escalation, process improvement, research into the latest threats, reporting etc The individual MUST currently be living in the UK and be able to achieve UK security clearance. (SC) This is a permanent role To arrange a call with Chris Holt https://calendly.com/chris-holt/arranged-call-with-chris-holt-elastic-siem-engineer-soc Chris.Holt@dclsearch.com
- ISO 27001 & Business Continuity Security Specialist, End User
- United Kingdom
CH7828 ISO 27001 & Business Continuity Security Specialist, End User, £70,000 United Kingdom ISO 27001 & Business Continuity Security Specialist needed to join a Cyber team within an end user. The ISO 27001 & Business Continuity Security Specialist will have end to end responsibility for the information security and Business Continuity management system. ISMS/BCMS. Both from an information security and technical security perspective working alongside the CISO. Experience must include, but not be limited to; a mix of Information Security standards, frameworks, audit principles, controls / policies and the management and use of the technical tooling to achieve compliance. ISO 22301, ISO 27001, NIST Cybersecurity Framework etc An ideal candidate will be working within an end user environment with a cyber consultancy background. Experience taking a company through accreditation is highly desirable Experience managing internal stakeholders, technical teams and external third parties essential Flexible working, very occasional travel to London office This is an exclusive role to DCL Search & Selection. Looking to interview immediately. https://calendly.com/chris-holt/iso-27001-business-continuity-security-specialis
- PCI- DSS Security Consultant, End User
PCI- DSS Security Consultant needed to join a Cyber team within an end user. The PCI- DSS Security Consultant will have end to end responsibility for PCI - DSS and its continuing certification. Both from an information security and technical security perspective working alongside the CISO. Experience must include, but not be limited to; a mix of Information Security standards, frameworks, audit principles, controls / policies and the management and use of the technical tooling to achieve compliance. PCI objectives / 12 key requirements, OWASP top 10, ISO 27001, NIST Cybersecurity Framework etc An ideal candidate will be working within an end user environment with a cyber consultancy background. PCI Cloud compliance, specifically someone with experience taking PCI-DSS from on premise into the cloud is HIGHLY desired. However, someone with Solid PCI experience with a strong technical background which include Cyber / Secure by design etc would be considered. Experience managing internal stakeholders and external third parties essential. Flexible working, but with the ability to get into London. This is an exclusive role to DCL Search & Selection. 1st stage interviews to happen the week of the 14th September Arrange a call with Chris on https://calendly.com/chris-holt/arrange-a-call-chris-dcl-pci-compliance