Varonis Announces Third Quarter 2019 Financial Results
Varonis Systems, Inc., a pioneer in data security and analytics, today announced results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2019.
Yaki Faitelson, Varonis CEO, said, “We are very pleased with our third-quarter results. Revenues of $65.6 million significantly exceeded the high end of our guidance, while we also saw an acceleration in our subscription model transition, with 74% of total license revenues from subscription products compared to our original expectation of 55%. The team is executing well, and our transition is almost complete.” Mr. Faitelson added, “We continue to see strong adoption by both new and existing customers as they seek to manage their sensitive data with Varonis’ Data Security Platform that reduces risk, detects and responds to threats, and improves regulatory compliance.”
“We are pleased to see our customers making larger investments that allow them to more quickly realize the value of the Varonis Data Security Platform. With our rapid transition to a subscription model, the underlying fundamentals of our business continue to strengthen,” said Guy Melamed, Varonis CFO and COO. “Our updated full-year guidance includes the third quarter revenues beat, offset by the headwind from the substantial increase in our fourth quarter subscription guidance mix to approximately 75% from 40%. Without this increase in subscription mix, we would have shown a meaningful raise to the fourth quarter and full-year guidance we provided last quarter.”
Financial Summary for the Third Quarter Ended September 30, 2019
- Subscription revenues were $23.3 million, or 74% of license revenues, compared with $2.5 million, or 7% of license revenues, in the third quarter of 2018.
- Maintenance and services revenues were $34.1 million, up 10% compared with the third quarter of 2018.
- Total revenues were $65.6 million, compared to $67.1 million in the third quarter of 2018, reflecting the accelerated transition to a subscription-based model and generating a higher-than-guided third-quarter subscription revenues mix.
- GAAP operating loss was ($16.0) million for the quarter, compared to ($6.8) million in the third quarter of 2018.
- Non-GAAP operating loss was ($4.7) million for the quarter, compared to non-GAAP operating income of $2.0 million in the third quarter of 2018.
- As of September 30, 2019, the Company had $131.4 million in cash and cash equivalents, marketable securities and short-term deposits.
- During the nine months ended September 30, 2019, the Company used ($10.7) million of cash from operations, compared to $16.3 million generated in the prior-year period, reflecting the accelerated transition to a subscription-based model.
The tables at the end of this press release include a reconciliation of GAAP to non-GAAP income (loss) from operations and net income (loss) for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2019, and 2018. An explanation of these measures is also included below under the heading "Non-GAAP Financial Measures and Key Performance Indicators."
Key Performance Indicators and Recent Business Highlights
- ARR, or annual recurring revenues, were $178.9 million at the end of the third quarter, up 52% over the prior-year period.
- Generated 50% of license and first-year maintenance revenues from existing customers and 50% from new customers in the third quarter of 2019, compared to 53% and 47%, respectively, in the prior-year period.
- Added 148 new customers during the third quarter of 2019 compared with 188 in the prior-year period.
- For the third quarter of 2019, total revenues in North America were $47.4 million, total revenues from EMEA were $16.7 million, and total revenues from Rest of World were $1.5 million.
- As of September 30, 2019, 75% of customers had purchased two or more product families, and 43% had purchased three or more product families, up from 72% and 39%, respectively, as of September 30, 2018.
- Head of CSOC (Cyber Security Operations Centre), London. Greenfield opportunity
CH7928 Identifier Project Head of CSOC (Cyber Security Operations Centre), London. Greenfield UNIQUE opportunity to establish, manage and grow a world class CSOC. Headquartered in the UK, the CSOC will grow and deliver cyber services into an international and underdeveloped market. As a greenfield site the Head of CSOC will be the first person on the ground to build a capability and team around them. The role will include, but not be limited to; Setting up and establishing a CSOC monitoring service using IBM QRadar and Palo Alto CORTEX XSOAR. Develop roadmap for future CSOC capabilities. Establish, develop processes, playbooks and use cases. Recruit, Build and train a specialist team. Build relationships with key clients- onboard and scale. The successful candidate must have experience working within / leading a technical Cyber Security monitoring capability. Technical experience working with IBM QRadar and Palo Alto CORTEX XSOAR will be highly beneficial, although other SIEM / Security Orchestration, Automation and Response tools are welcome as the skillset is transferable. This brings significant opportunity and welcomes creativity / best practice. Frequent travel to London office will be required. Chris.firstname.lastname@example.org 07884666351
- Aruba Data Centre Network Engineer
- Upto £500 a day
**Outside of IR35 contract** Aruba Data Centre Network engineer is required to start ASAP. You will be responsible for Data Center and Campus Network - Design and implementation of Aruba CX Switches, We are looking for an experienced data centre engineer who is happy to work remotely and autonomously Experience you will need to have, Solid Networking experience with good knowledge of -Routing & Switching - MP-BGP EVPN VXLAN, MPLS/VPLS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF and Multicast, Experience with Aruba switches ideally the CX range Ideally SC cleared or able to become SC Cleared. This will be a 3 month rolling contract
- Network Engineer-
- 65000 plus bonus
An exciting opportunity has arisen with a global financal business that are looking for an experienced Network engineer with strong Firewall experience in particular Checkpoint You will be responsible for help to support and manage the network infrastructure both LAN/ WAN And VPNs and will have a focus on network secuirty (Checkpoint firewall and Security controls) This is a multi-Site environment with few thousand end users, As the business is growing so is the network so great opportunity to join an expanding business that will help cross-train you in both cloud and onsite solutions. They are looking for a strong network engineer with a mix of expereience o Experience with Azure networking managing VNETs, ExpressRoute, VPNs and other Azure network features such as NSG/MS loadbalancer is required. Working with Check Point firewalls in Azure is desirable. o In-Depth understanding of networking fundamentals including: Network topology, Data Centre Infrastructure systems, Layer 2/Layer 3 Switching, VLANs, Routing, VPNs, High availability protocols. o Demonstrable hands-on experience with Meraki Switches and wireless infrastructure, Arista software, Forcepoint Proxy (would be a strongly desirable), Citrix Netscaler, and Forescout CounterACT Location can be flexible, they are looking for someone who would be happy to do a hybrid working model 3 days at home 2 days in the office.
- Technical Cyber Trainer, United Kingdom
Technical Cyber Trainer, United Kingdom Cyber trainer needed to build a new cyber training capability to develop a team of international security analysts. Technical Cyber training experience is a MUST. Any experience delivering technical Blue team based training is highly desired. This is a UK based role. Able to travel to London on occasion- when required. Agile, flexible working. A technical background is highly desirable and prefered. The role Aid in the setup, fine tuning and on-going customisation of Technical Cyber Security’s training platform. CyberBit experience desirable. Design, develop and deliver the internal syllabus to train employees with low cybersecurity knowledge to become analysts. Manage, monitor, support and assess learners. Fine tuning training and bespoke development. Manage, monitor and assess SOC analysts. Support employees through their career. The ability to deliver remote training is essential. This is a UK based role. Able to travel to London on occasion- when required. Agile working. Apply today to find out more information. Chris.Holt@dclsearch.com +447884666351