High Interest In Adopting AI Across The Contact Centre
NICE inContact, a NICE business, last week announced the results of a new study, AI-Infused Contact Centres Optimise Customer Experience. The study, conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of NICE inContact, found high interest among contact centre leaders in adopting AI across the contact centre.
Of those polled, 64 percent plan to increase their AI investment over the coming year. For example, contact centre leaders see a range of opportunities for AI to enhance the agent experience. These include personalised agent and customer matching, augmenting agent capabilities to improve productivity, and support for management tasks such as workforce management.
“AI streamlines inquiry capture and resolution. It optimises case routing, classification, and schedule management. It extracts useful information from voice and digital conversations to quickly surface trends in issues and customer sentiment that may affect customer retention and loyalty,” according to the Forrester report, The Three Customer Service Megatrends In 2019 cited in the new Forrester study.
Yet, given the wide-ranging impact of AI, how to best lay the foundation for long-term adoption can be unclear. Contact centre leaders acknowledge that AI requires a strategic, concrete roadmap to minimize implementation challenges, rather than blanket investment. In fact, 77 percent agree that while AI increasingly peels off simpler customer service requests, it also increases the need for agents to develop additional skills to deal with more complex and higher-value customer inquiries.
Additional findings include:
– Contact centre leaders anticipate a key role for agents alongside the growth of AI. 80 percent of respondents agree that AI would help their contact centres increase agentless interactions. This, however, does not translate to a reduction in agent staff, as 74 percent of respondents state that the number of agents will either grow or stay the same this year. While AI will handle simpler, repetitive interactions, agents are still needed to manage the more complex, higher-value interactions that require advanced skills and additional time to resolve.
– AI is seen as a competitive differentiator. According to 79 percent of respondents, AI would enable contact centres to deliver consistent, timely and contextually relevant experiences – a key expectation of today’s customers.
– Implementation challenges are not deterring customer experience (CX) decision-makers. Of those currently pursuing an AI strategy, 95 percent are taking steps to overcome AI implementation challenges, primarily by seeking more training, expertise, and support. Agent training is the leading avenue at 44 percent.
“The Forrester study found that 98 percent of businesses believe that contact centres are instrumental in improving customer experience. Leveraging AI to increase contact centrer operational efficiencies while creating omnichannel agents adept at handling digital as well as voice interactions needs to be a top priority,” said Paul Jarman, NICE inContact CEO.
“Higher interaction volume puts a heavy strain on agents, and AI has an incredible role in easing that burden so agents can provide the very best experiences to customers. NICE inContact has invested heavily to infuse CXone with end-to-end AI capabilities to address real-life challenges and help contact centre leaders and agents stay one step ahead throughout customer journeys.”
In order to help businesses better understand their current AI strategy within the contact center, NICE inContact commissioned Forrester Consulting to develop an interactive assessment tool. Analyzing the unique attributes of the contact centre, alongside stated program goals and metrics, the assessment tools offers an AI roadmap outline, sharing key tips on the purposeful rollout of a long-term AI plan.
Industry: Unified Communications
- SailPoint File Access Manager Consultant/ Architect
- discussed on applications
SailPoint File Access Manager (SailPoint FAM) Consultant/ Architect is required for an up coming projects, Ideally looking for someone with experience in Designing and deploying SailPoint FAM , this is a new Deployment, you will work with customer in the initial workshop phase, to understand requirements and to get the initial design, you will then be responsible for deploying the solution. This is a home based role, with some onsite visits required during the length of the project. We are looking for someone who has previous experience in Deploying SailPoint FAM (ideally done design work) Need to have experience with SharePoint and ideally Azure and Share file
- Outside IR35 Contract- SC / DV - Cloud / VMware Solution Architect
- Outside IR35
Solution Architect Contract - with active Security Clearance needed for Outside IR35 Contract London. SC / DV (must be willing to undergo DV) 6 month rolling Immediate Experience delivering technical Security Architecture design / assurance of security design. Specific experience with Cloud and VMWARE technologies Cross domain experience desirable HLD / LLD Current SC Clearance a must. London 3 days a week Immediately interviewing.
- Contract Night Shift Senior SOC Analyst | Microsoft Defender | Outside IR35
- United Kingdom
- Outside IR35
Contract Night Shift Senior SOC Analyst | Microsoft Defender / Sentinel | Outside IR35 Looking for an experienced SOC analyst to cover a night shift SOC operation. Level 2 technical Analyst. You must have current hands on technical experience with Microsoft defender / Sentinel within a customer facing SOC environment. This is a UK based position.
- DV Cleared CyberArk Consultant- Contract
- City of London
- Upto £700 per day
CyberArk Consultant is needed to be responsible for leading the deployment of CyberArk solutions for this Secure government site You will work with customer, helping to create CyberArk Strategic Roadmaps, on-boarding accounts, product and process integration into the CyberArk Solution and Proviso of Installation and technical Documentation. We are looking for this individual to have experience in: In CyberArk deployment, and ideally leady the deployment both strategically and also technically for this project we need the consultant to hold current DV cleared status For the right individual this could be a long term project.