Equinix and GIC Complete Formation of Greater than US$1.0 Billion European Data Center Joint Venture
Equinix, Inc, the global interconnection and data center company, has announced the completion of the formation of the greater than US$1.0 billion joint venture in the form of a limited liability partnership with GIC, Singapore's sovereign wealth fund, to develop and operate xScale™ data centers in Europe. As announced with the signing of the agreement in July, xScale data centers will serve the unique core workload deployment needs of a targeted group of hyperscale companies, including the world's largest cloud service providers. The facilities will allow these key enablers of digital transformation to streamline their continued growth while strengthening Equinix's leadership position in the cloud ecosystem, as enterprises increasingly embrace hybrid multi-cloud as the IT architecture of choice.
The initial six facilities in the joint venture will be located in the Amsterdam, London (two sites), Frankfurt (two sites) and Paris markets, on some of Equinix's existing International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data center campuses.
- The Equinix LD10 IBX facility has been sold to the joint venture. The portion of the facility that has been dedicated to hyperscale deployments has been re-named the LD13x xScale data center and will provide 10 megawatts (MW) of capacity for xScale customers. The balance of the facility, which is dedicated to retail colocation deployments, will be leased by Equinix from the JV and will retain the Equinix LD10 IBX name.
- The former Equinix PA8 IBX in Paris, which has also been sold to the joint venture, has been re-named the PA8x xScale data center. The first phase of the facility opened in Q1 2019, and the second and final phase is expected to open in Q4 2019. At full buildout, PA8x is expected to support 14 MW of capacity for xScale customers.
- The FR9x xScale data center in Frankfurt will add 10 MW of capacity in Q3 2020 when the initial phase is opened. At full capacity, the facility is expected to support 18 MW of capacity.
- The LD11x xScale data center in London will add 10 MW of capacity for hyperscale customers in Q1 2021 when the initial phase is opened. At full capacity, the facility is expected to support 19 MW of capacity.
- xScale data centers provide hyperscale companies a differentiated value proposition from existing wholesale data center operators in two key areas:
- xScale data centers offer access to Equinix's comprehensive suite of interconnection and edge services. These services tie into the hyperscale companies' existing access points at Equinix, thereby increasing the speed of connections to their existing and future enterprise customers.
- xScale data centers are engineered to meet the technical and operational requirements and price points of core hyperscale workload deployments. This enables hyperscale companies to consolidate core and access point deployments into one global provider to streamline and simplify their rapid growth.
- For years, hyperscale operators, including Alibaba Cloud, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and Google Cloud, have partnered with Equinix to leverage its global platform of more than 200 IBX data centers to directly connect to their strategic business partners and customers. Today, Platform Equinix® offers the most access points—the "on- and off-ramps to the cloud"—to the top global cloud service providers. In addition to these customer access points, hyperscale companies are investing in large-scale data center deployments to accommodate their rapidly growing core workload needs. With xScale data centers, hyperscale companies can add core deployments at Equinix to their existing access point footprints, enabling their growth on a single platform that spans more than 50 global metros and offers direct interconnection—within a vibrant set of ecosystems—to their customers and strategic business partners.
- Private connectivity between enterprises, strategic cloud service providers and network services is essential as digital transformation fuels higher demand for localized digital services at the edge. According to the Global Interconnection Index Volume 2, a market study published by Equinix, the capacity for private data exchange between enterprises and cloud and network service providers is forecast to grow nearly 10 times faster than public internet traffic by 2021.
- Charles Meyers, President and CEO, Equinix:
"The formation of our JV with GIC is a strategic milestone for Equinix as we continue to deepen our relationships with the world's largest cloud and hyperscale companies and help them meet their core workload deployment needs and gain proximity to the thriving business ecosystems available at Equinix. Similarly, as today's businesses are increasingly moving to implement hybrid multi-cloud strategies for their digital infrastructure, Equinix serves as a unique on- and off-ramp to execute that strategy. We look forward to launching similar JVs in other operating regions and believe these efforts will continue to further differentiate Equinix as the trusted center of a cloud-first world."
- New Business Hunter - Global Telecom Services
- up to €90,000 base plus €60,000 OTE (some flexibility)
New Business Hunter - Telecom Services Salary up to €90,000 base plus €60,000 OTE Location: Munich Reference RA7379 Our client a leading Global Telecoms Provider are looking for an ambitious New Business Hunter to be based in Germany, targeting Germany HQ enterprises business who are looking to expand or develop their presence in the Asian markets, you will be able to sell across their full portfolio of services, from Global Connectivity, Cloud, Security and SDWAN solutions As the New Business Hunter you will be responsible for the development of new Logo accounts, focusing on growing these from initial introduction through to established customer Responsibilities: • Maintaining and developing relationships with targeted companies • Identifying opportunities to grow revenue • Generating revenue growth within new Logo customers via telephone and face to face contact, web meetings and when necessary face to face visits Skills and experience: • Fluent German and English verbal and written skills are imperative • Experience in the Telecoms/networking industry is a must • Proven new business experience and able to show how you would target, approach and win a customer • Aptitude for achieving individual revenue and key performance targets. • Proven negotiations skills. Telecoms Jobs | Telecommunications Jobs | Telecommunications Jobs
- *Active role* Relativity eDiscovery Digital Cyber Forensic
*Active role* Relativity eDiscovery Digital Cyber Forensic, London, £70,000 *Able to interview and hire* Relativity eDiscovery specialist needed in London. Relativity eDiscovery specialist, who would need full hands on consulting / technical EDRM experience, will join a client facing management consulting team in London (not big 4). This specialist eDiscovery team will work alongside the Digital forensics and cyber Incident response business units in helping their clients through the full EDRM cycle. Experience in troubleshooting, optimising and improving analytics (structured / conceptual) are an essential and needed skillset. This specialist Relativity consultant is needed due to a continued increase in demand and complexity of projects. Identification and collection experience is important but not a critical aspect of the role. Whilst training and development is a key focus for the client, the Relativity eDiscovery specialist must be able to ‘hit the ground running’. This individual commutable to London based as the role will be predominately office based Relativity Analytics Specialist Relativity Processing Specialist Relativity Certified User Relativity Infrastructure Specialist Relativity Certified Administrator (RCA) Fluency one or more European languages is desirable but not essential. All details kept in the strictest of confidence. Contact me on Chris.firstname.lastname@example.org 07884666351 or 02086634030