Zoom Announces Zoom Phone Launch in Australia and the United Kingdom
Zoom Video Communications, Inc. has this week announced the general availability of its Zoom Phone cloud phone service in Australia and the United Kingdom. It also released several enhancements for the service including multi-language prompt support, Office 365 and Gmail integrations, ability to multitask on mobile without dropping the call, on-hold music management, and others.
Zoom Phone is a cloud phone system available as an add-on to Zoom’s platform. Support for inbound and outbound calling through the public switched telephone network (PSTN) and seamlessly integrated telephony features enable customers to replace their existing PBX solution and consolidate all of their business communication and collaboration requirements into their favourite video platform. Zoom Phone offers features such as Bring Your Own Carrier (allows customers to bring existing PSTN SIP trunks to the Zoom platform for easy international and phased deployments), the ability to escalate voice calls to video with a single click, and contact center partnerships with Five9 and Twilio.
Now available for Zoom Phone:
- Availability in Australia and the United Kingdom: Zoom Phone now supports local phone numbers and PSTN access with new Metered and Unlimited Calling Plans in Australia and the United Kingdom. This expanded geographic coverage allows Zoom customers to migrate away from their in-country legacy phone systems to consolidate business communications into Zoom’s all-in-one video-first communications platform.
- Multilingual prompts: Simplify multi-site administration with configurable Zoom Phone prompt language preferences for international users and office locations in a single global account. Supported prompt languages include American English, British English, Canadian French, and Spanish.
- Microsoft Office 365 and Gmail contact integrations: With out-of-the-box integrations to Office365 and Gmail, Zoom Phone users can easily import, view, and click-to-dial contacts from these popular email platforms in the Zoom desktop and mobile apps.
- Ability to multitask on Zoom’s mobile app: Zoom Phone users can now access Zoom chat, contacts, and meetings features while on a Zoom Phone call.
- Human Interface Device (HID) command support: Zoom desktop and mobile apps now support call answer and mute/unmute of Zoom Phone calls from your preferred Bluetooth device.
- On-hold music management: Zoom Phone administrators can customise on-hold music preferences for their account.
“Zoom Phone has been easy to deploy, straightforward for our team to use, and rock-solid from a reliability standpoint. For our half-remote team, it’s perfect,” said Shane Scott, head of process for Illumin8.
“Zoom continues its bold foray into the UCaaS market announcing the availability of its successful Zoom Phone product in Australia and the UK,” said Elka Popova, global VP of connected work research at Frost & Sullivan. "The innovative provider reports impressive adoption of Zoom Phone in its domestic US market driven by the rapid launch of important new features, deep integrations, and flexible deployment options that promptly address key concerns and objectives of various stakeholders including IT staff, business leaders, and end-users."
“Zoom Phone feature enhancements and global expansion have been a top priority for us at Zoom as we focus on building out a world-class phone system. We’re excited to announce that we will be extending native Zoom Phone PSTN service in Australia and the United Kingdom,” said Oded Gal, head of product management for Zoom. “Our Zoom Phone service will provide leading-edge features that will give more flexibility and control to our valued customers.”
Industry: Unified Communications
- Security Analyst. End User. UK. Flexible location
CH7863 Security Analyst. End User £60,000 Security Analyst needed to monitor and manage a security suite of tools within an End User environment. The Security Analyst will be responsible monitoring, configuring, fine tuning, incident management and generally improving the security tool capability. Specific experience with CyberArk, Tripwire Log Center and Tripwire Enterprise is highly desirable). Current experience with Vulnerability management and penetration testing is highly desirable. Specifically the ability to effectively manage 3rd party pen tests. You will be working within a specialist security team reporting to the CISO. Experience working within an end user environment within financial services is highly desirable. Flexible location. This is an exclusive role to DCL Search & Selection. To book a call please use my Calendy link https://calendly.com/chris-holt/arranged-call-with-chris-holt-soc-role-
- Head of Penetration Testing
- United Kingdom
Head of Penetration Testing needed to join a security consultancy that are delivering client facing penetration testing services around Web app and Infrastructure. Looking for someone hands on that is able to manage a highly skilled technical team of testers. 50-60% of the time is expected to be hands on, other duties will include, but not be limited to; leading and managing the day to day running of the team, mentoring, team upskill, recruitment, reporting, escalation, process improvement etc. Flexible location although south east is preferred. Anyone with Check / CREST experience is highly desirable. MUST be able to achieve SC clearance. UK based role. All details kept in confidence.
- CONTRACT SOC Manager. London / Birmingham. URGENT Immediate role.
REF7847 Contract SOC Manager. SC cleared, London / Birmingham. Initial 3 month Contract. SOC Manager needed to for an URGENT 3-4 month CONTRACT. SC clearance is essential. The project is to aid in the setup, implementation and management of resources to help with the initial stand up stages of a new SOC within a greenfield site. This is a short term contract role whilst a permanent hire is brought on over the coming 3 to 4 months. Experience engaging with and managing client stakeholder relationships as well as 3rd party relationships is critical. The role will involve; setting up, implementing and fine tuning the various initial stages of a SOC environment. Experience establishing and building out technical process / operational capability, managing of technical teams (analysts, engineers and architects, creation of policy / playbooks, fine turning is key. SPLUNK is the tooling of choice… Interviewing immediately. Set up a call with me today on https://calendly.com/chris-holt/arranged-call-with-chris-holt-remote-soc-role Direct contact details Chris.Holt@dclsearch.com or 07884666351
- SPLUNK Level 3 SOC Consultant, SIEM Splunk, London / Birmingham
REF CH7825 Level 3 SOC Consultant, SIEM Splunk, London / Birmingham £55,000 + Level 3 SOC Consultant, SIEM SPLUNK needed. Security Clearance. Permanent role Level 3 SOC Consultant, SIEM SPLUNK needed to join a public sector client. The ability to achieve SC clearance is essential. MUST have experience working with SPLUNK ideally to an Advanced Power User level. Splunk Enterprise Security (ES) knowledge and hands on experience highly desirable. The role will include, but not be limited to; managing and handling incidents end to end, supporting and mentoring level 1 / level 2 staff, supporting the SOC manager in the delivery of the SOC roadmap, engaging with the client stakeholders (other technical teams) as and where needed, use case development, advanced search and reporting etc. The individual MUST currently be living in the UK and be able to achieve UK security clearance. (SC) This is a permanent role To arrange a call with Chris Holt use this calendy link https://calendly.com/chris-holt/arranged-call-with-chris-holt-remote-soc-role Chris.Holt@dclsearch.com