Equinix Appoints Jon Lin as President, Americas
June 17, 2019 – Equinix, Inc., the global interconnection and data centre company, has this week announced that it has appointed Jon Lin, a 10-year Equinix veteran, as President, Americas. In this role, Lin will be responsible for the regional management, strategy and growth plan for Equinix in the Americas, including existing operations in Brazil, Canada, Colombia and the U.S.
- Lin succeeds Karl Strohmeyer, who served as President, Americas since 2013 and was appointed Chief Customer and Revenue Officer earlier this year, overseeing the company's overall go-to-market strategy.
- Lin has held various roles since joining Equinix in 2009, most recently as Vice President, Americas Regional Corporate Development. In this role, he led the America's regional strategic planning and was a leader in one of the company’s largest transactions: the $3.6 billion acquisition of 29 data centres from Verizon in 2017. Lin also managed the integration of the Verizon data centre assets into Equinix, with a special focus on supporting the company’s federal strategy development. In 2018, he also played a leading role in the acquisition of Infomart Dallas.
- Before joining the Equinix Corporate Development team, Lin was Senior Director of Regional P&L, managing the Equinix Americas Southeast region. Under his leadership, Equinix became the fastest growing provider in the region, increasing market share, revenues and customer count.
- Lin joined Equinix in 2009 as Director of Innovation, where he focused on identification and development of current and future products and helping drive the initial formation of Equinix’s platform strategy. He then was promoted to Director, Corporate Strategy, where he was instrumental in the development of Equinix Cloud Exchange™ (ECX™) which remains the foundation of the company’s core interconnection services.
- Prior to Equinix, Lin served as Director of the Advanced Solutions Group at Tata Communications for two years. He also worked in a variety of roles at Verizon Enterprise Solutions for eight years, including Product Strategy, Sales and Consulting Services.
- Head of Penetration Testing
- United Kingdom
Head of Penetration Testing needed to join a security consultancy that are delivering client facing penetration testing services around Web app and Infrastructure. Looking for someone hands on that is able to manage a highly skilled technical team of testers. 50-60% of the time is expected to be hands on, other duties will include, but not be limited to; leading and managing the day to day running of the team, mentoring, team upskill, recruitment, reporting, escalation, process improvement etc. Flexible location although south east is preferred. Anyone with Check / CREST experience is highly desirable. MUST be able to achieve SC clearance. UK based role. All details kept in confidence.
- CONTRACT SOC Manager. London / Birmingham. URGENT Immediate role.
REF7847 Contract SOC Manager. SC cleared, London / Birmingham. Initial 3 month Contract. SOC Manager needed to for an URGENT 3-4 month CONTRACT. SC clearance is essential. The project is to aid in the setup, implementation and management of resources to help with the initial stand up stages of a new SOC within a greenfield site. This is a short term contract role whilst a permanent hire is brought on over the coming 3 to 4 months. Experience engaging with and managing client stakeholder relationships as well as 3rd party relationships is critical. The role will involve; setting up, implementing and fine tuning the various initial stages of a SOC environment. Experience establishing and building out technical process / operational capability, managing of technical teams (analysts, engineers and architects, creation of policy / playbooks, fine turning is key. SPLUNK is the tooling of choice… Interviewing immediately. Set up a call with me today on https://calendly.com/chris-holt/arranged-call-with-chris-holt-remote-soc-role Direct contact details Chris.Holt@dclsearch.com or 07884666351
- SPLUNK Level 3 SOC Consultant, SIEM Splunk, London / Birmingham
REF CH7825 Level 3 SOC Consultant, SIEM Splunk, London / Birmingham £55,000 + Level 3 SOC Consultant, SIEM SPLUNK needed. Security Clearance. Permanent role Level 3 SOC Consultant, SIEM SPLUNK needed to join a public sector client. The ability to achieve SC clearance is essential. MUST have experience working with SPLUNK ideally to an Advanced Power User level. Splunk Enterprise Security (ES) knowledge and hands on experience highly desirable. The role will include, but not be limited to; managing and handling incidents end to end, supporting and mentoring level 1 / level 2 staff, supporting the SOC manager in the delivery of the SOC roadmap, engaging with the client stakeholders (other technical teams) as and where needed, use case development, advanced search and reporting etc. The individual MUST currently be living in the UK and be able to achieve UK security clearance. (SC) This is a permanent role To arrange a call with Chris Holt use this calendy link https://calendly.com/chris-holt/arranged-call-with-chris-holt-remote-soc-role Chris.Holt@dclsearch.com
- Aspiring Cyber Partner. Business lead, market maker.
Aspiring Cyber Partner (management consultancy) with Cyber specialism into Healthcare, Utilities and or Public Sector. Working with new and existing clients to help them solve, transform or evolve their cyber capabilities. MUST have; A proven management consultancy background in cyber. A history of identifying and closing new business opportunities. Currently Revenue generating / must be able to demonstrate recent wins. Client facing to board level with international businesses. Team leadership / mentoring experience. Extensive cyber industry experience. Digital transformation, Start-up environments etc. Experienced presenter at industry events, to be the public face of a business / capability. Breadth of knowledge across Cyber security. Service definition / creation. Would consider a senior director with experience delivering the above looking to step up. All conversations kept in confidence. To arrange a discreet call book a time to speak in my diary via https://calendly.com/chris-holt/cyber-partner-call Chris.Holt@dclsearch.com