Equinix Acquires Switch Datacenters' AMS1 Data Center Business in Amsterdam
Equinix, Inc, the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that it has closed a transaction for the purchase of Switch Datacenters' AMS1 data center business in Amsterdam, Netherlands, in an all-cash transaction for €30 million ($34 million). The facility, which will be renamed Equinix AM11 International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data center, is in close proximity to Equinix's existing campus in southeast Amsterdam and will help meet growing demand for digital infrastructure connectivity in the Amsterdam and broader European markets, as businesses continue to build out their digital edge strategies.
The agreement was signed on April 16, 2019, and the acquisition was completed on April 18, 2019.
Highlights / Key Facts
- AM11 becomes the 11th Equinix IBX data center in the Netherlands and the ninth Equinix IBX located in Amsterdam. The data center is a leased asset and adds approximately 250 cabinets of sold capacity and a total capacity for approximately 700 additional cabinets once the facility is completely built out. The site can also support the potential to expand into an adjacent building to accommodate future growth and approximately 1,300 additional cabinets.
- Equinix's southeast Amsterdam campus includes AM1, AM2, AM5 and AM7. The AM11 data center will be tethered to Equinix's AM7 data center, enabling customers to easily interconnect with the world's largest business ecosystems available on Platform Equinix® for maximum collaboration across digital supply chains. AM11 currently has a customer mix that maps closely to Equinix's existing base including networks, cloud service providers and content and digital media companies.
- Private connectivity between enterprises, strategic cloud service providers and network services is essential as digital transformation fuels higher demand for localized digital services at the edge. According to Volume 2 of the Global Interconnection Index, a market study published by Equinix, the capacity for private data exchange between enterprises and cloud and network service providers is forecast to grow nearly 10 times faster than public internet traffic by 2021.
- Equinix's Netherlands IBX data centers are business hubs to more than 1,125 companies that connect to business partners and customers across their digital supply chains. Equinix in the Netherlands is home to many thriving, diverse business ecosystems, including:
- Europe's electronics payments and e-commerce ecosystems, which operate at Equinix to leverage excellent broadband connections to the rest of the world, as well as connections to many global submarine cable networks
- ISPs, telecommunications carriers, content providers and hosting services from all over the world, via connections to the AMS-IX, Equinix IX and NL-IX in Equinix's Amsterdam colocation facilities
- International enterprises that want to take advantage of the Netherlands' high-speed connections to the rest of Europe: typical latency from the Netherlands to London, Paris and Frankfurt is less than 50 milliseconds
- Businesses in the Netherlands can access leading cloud service providers such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and Google Cloud, which are available on Equinix Cloud Exchange Fabric™ (ECX Fabric™). As Equinix offers direct access to the highest concentration of major cloud provider onramps in the world, ECX Fabric is ideally suited to solve customers' multicloud network connectivity challenges.
- Today, Equinix operates 200 IBX data centers in 52 markets, providing customers even more ways to connect with other businesses around the world on Platform Equinix.
- Head of Penetration Testing
- United Kingdom
Head of Penetration Testing needed to join a security consultancy that are delivering client facing penetration testing services around Web app and Infrastructure. Looking for someone hands on that is able to manage a highly skilled technical team of testers. 50-60% of the time is expected to be hands on, other duties will include, but not be limited to; leading and managing the day to day running of the team, mentoring, team upskill, recruitment, reporting, escalation, process improvement etc. Flexible location although south east is preferred. Anyone with Check / CREST experience is highly desirable. MUST be able to achieve SC clearance. UK based role. All details kept in confidence.
- CONTRACT SOC Manager. London / Birmingham. URGENT Immediate role.
REF7847 Contract SOC Manager. SC cleared, London / Birmingham. Initial 3 month Contract. SOC Manager needed to for an URGENT 3-4 month CONTRACT. SC clearance is essential. The project is to aid in the setup, implementation and management of resources to help with the initial stand up stages of a new SOC within a greenfield site. This is a short term contract role whilst a permanent hire is brought on over the coming 3 to 4 months. Experience engaging with and managing client stakeholder relationships as well as 3rd party relationships is critical. The role will involve; setting up, implementing and fine tuning the various initial stages of a SOC environment. Experience establishing and building out technical process / operational capability, managing of technical teams (analysts, engineers and architects, creation of policy / playbooks, fine turning is key. SPLUNK is the tooling of choice… Interviewing immediately. Set up a call with me today on https://calendly.com/chris-holt/arranged-call-with-chris-holt-remote-soc-role Direct contact details Chris.Holt@dclsearch.com or 07884666351
- SPLUNK Level 3 SOC Consultant, SIEM Splunk, London / Birmingham
REF CH7825 Level 3 SOC Consultant, SIEM Splunk, London / Birmingham £55,000 + Level 3 SOC Consultant, SIEM SPLUNK needed. Security Clearance. Permanent role Level 3 SOC Consultant, SIEM SPLUNK needed to join a public sector client. The ability to achieve SC clearance is essential. MUST have experience working with SPLUNK ideally to an Advanced Power User level. Splunk Enterprise Security (ES) knowledge and hands on experience highly desirable. The role will include, but not be limited to; managing and handling incidents end to end, supporting and mentoring level 1 / level 2 staff, supporting the SOC manager in the delivery of the SOC roadmap, engaging with the client stakeholders (other technical teams) as and where needed, use case development, advanced search and reporting etc. The individual MUST currently be living in the UK and be able to achieve UK security clearance. (SC) This is a permanent role To arrange a call with Chris Holt use this calendy link https://calendly.com/chris-holt/arranged-call-with-chris-holt-remote-soc-role Chris.Holt@dclsearch.com
- Aspiring Cyber Partner. Business lead, market maker.
Aspiring Cyber Partner (management consultancy) with Cyber specialism into Healthcare, Utilities and or Public Sector. Working with new and existing clients to help them solve, transform or evolve their cyber capabilities. MUST have; A proven management consultancy background in cyber. A history of identifying and closing new business opportunities. Currently Revenue generating / must be able to demonstrate recent wins. Client facing to board level with international businesses. Team leadership / mentoring experience. Extensive cyber industry experience. Digital transformation, Start-up environments etc. Experienced presenter at industry events, to be the public face of a business / capability. Breadth of knowledge across Cyber security. Service definition / creation. Would consider a senior director with experience delivering the above looking to step up. All conversations kept in confidence. To arrange a discreet call book a time to speak in my diary via https://calendly.com/chris-holt/cyber-partner-call Chris.Holt@dclsearch.com