Equinix Acquires Switch Datacenters' AMS1 Data Center Business in Amsterdam
Equinix, Inc, the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that it has closed a transaction for the purchase of Switch Datacenters' AMS1 data center business in Amsterdam, Netherlands, in an all-cash transaction for €30 million ($34 million). The facility, which will be renamed Equinix AM11 International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data center, is in close proximity to Equinix's existing campus in southeast Amsterdam and will help meet growing demand for digital infrastructure connectivity in the Amsterdam and broader European markets, as businesses continue to build out their digital edge strategies.
The agreement was signed on April 16, 2019, and the acquisition was completed on April 18, 2019.
Highlights / Key Facts
- AM11 becomes the 11th Equinix IBX data center in the Netherlands and the ninth Equinix IBX located in Amsterdam. The data center is a leased asset and adds approximately 250 cabinets of sold capacity and a total capacity for approximately 700 additional cabinets once the facility is completely built out. The site can also support the potential to expand into an adjacent building to accommodate future growth and approximately 1,300 additional cabinets.
- Equinix's southeast Amsterdam campus includes AM1, AM2, AM5 and AM7. The AM11 data center will be tethered to Equinix's AM7 data center, enabling customers to easily interconnect with the world's largest business ecosystems available on Platform Equinix® for maximum collaboration across digital supply chains. AM11 currently has a customer mix that maps closely to Equinix's existing base including networks, cloud service providers and content and digital media companies.
- Private connectivity between enterprises, strategic cloud service providers and network services is essential as digital transformation fuels higher demand for localized digital services at the edge. According to Volume 2 of the Global Interconnection Index, a market study published by Equinix, the capacity for private data exchange between enterprises and cloud and network service providers is forecast to grow nearly 10 times faster than public internet traffic by 2021.
- Equinix's Netherlands IBX data centers are business hubs to more than 1,125 companies that connect to business partners and customers across their digital supply chains. Equinix in the Netherlands is home to many thriving, diverse business ecosystems, including:
- Europe's electronics payments and e-commerce ecosystems, which operate at Equinix to leverage excellent broadband connections to the rest of the world, as well as connections to many global submarine cable networks
- ISPs, telecommunications carriers, content providers and hosting services from all over the world, via connections to the AMS-IX, Equinix IX and NL-IX in Equinix's Amsterdam colocation facilities
- International enterprises that want to take advantage of the Netherlands' high-speed connections to the rest of Europe: typical latency from the Netherlands to London, Paris and Frankfurt is less than 50 milliseconds
- Businesses in the Netherlands can access leading cloud service providers such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and Google Cloud, which are available on Equinix Cloud Exchange Fabric™ (ECX Fabric™). As Equinix offers direct access to the highest concentration of major cloud provider onramps in the world, ECX Fabric is ideally suited to solve customers' multicloud network connectivity challenges.
- Today, Equinix operates 200 IBX data centers in 52 markets, providing customers even more ways to connect with other businesses around the world on Platform Equinix.
- Information Security Manager- Global Sporting Brand. UK. £100,000
REFCH8265 Identifier Project Information Security Manager- Global Sporting Brand. UK. £100,000 A unique and exclusive opportunity to DCL Search to provide leadership and guidance Information and IT Security practices to one of the most recognised sporting brands in the world. You will be the envy of your colleagues, friends and peers as you take the lead in developing and implementing a security strategy. You must have a blend of knowledge across information security and technical security and be able to build internal and external stakeholder relationships. To coin a well known phrase, you should be a player manager. You don’t need to be currently hands on configuring firewalls, monitoring SIEM alerts, but maybe you have in the past. Ideally you will have come from a technical background as you will be closing be working with technical teams. Skills should include, but not be limited to: Managing / developing to Incident response plans. Information Security Risk Management / compliance. Security awareness Driving remediation plans to address vulnerabilities etc. Hybrid working. Up to £100,000 + benefits.
- Lead Information and Cyber Security Specialist, Financial Services. Exclusive to DCL Search
Consultative approach with experience engaging with internal stakeholders providing advice and guidance across information security policies and standards into projects and programmes. Risk identification / Assessment / Management across people and process. ISO27001. Open mindedness to take on projects and programmes that will involve advising, scoping, refining, improving technical security control relating to best practice. Preferred experience; PCI DSS ISA or consultative experience within security Payment card industry. Information Security / technical security controls within Financial Services. Risk Assessment / management across technical controls. Technical Security background. Experience within secure by design and the technical security controls relating to projects / programmes. iSO27001 Lead Implementer / Auditor. CISA, CISM, CISSP. 2 days a fortnight in London- or more if you want.. Hybrid reworking.
- Cyber Security Associate, Financial Services. Exclusive to DCL Search
Exclusive Cyber Security Associate needed within a forward thinking financial services business head quartered in London. DCL Search have been engaged on an Identifier Project to attract the very best cyber talent to this business. Influence the cyber security capability and direction within the business. Learn new skills working within a collaborative team. Grow as a security professional. ROLE Triaging and troubleshooting security alerts at a level 1 / level 2 capacity. Reviewing security change management requests. Managing and use of security tooling such as; Endpoint management Vulnerability management Patch management CASB Experience with the following tools is desirable. ZOHO Desktop Central (Endpoint Management) Splunk (SIEM) Qualys CASB (Microsoft) Microsoft Azure Varonis DatAdvantage ADAudit Plus Sonicwall, Paloalto, Dark Trace, Cloudflare, Cisco Umbrella, Microsoft defender.
- Senior Cyber Security Engineer, Financial Services. Exclusive to DCL Search
Exclusive Senior Cyber Security Engineer needed within a forward thinking financial services business head quartered in London. DCL Search have been engaged on an Identifier Project to attract the very best cyber talent to this business. Influence the cyber security capability and direction within the business. Learn new skills working within a collaborative team. Grow as a security professional. ROLE Day to day operations, management and scalability of existing cyber security systems Managing of and maturing security tooling such as; SIEM Endpoint Management Firewall Patch Management CASB Vulnerability management. Triaging and troubleshooting security alerts. Improve tooling, reducing false positives. Reviewing, approving, escalating security change management requests. Implementing new cyber security systems. Ideal technical experience · Vulnerability Management: Qualys · Endpoint Management: ZOHO Desktop Central · Forcepoint: CASB, DLP, webs security, email security. · SIEM (Splunk) · Firewalls: Sonicwall, Palo Alto · Endpoint Microsoft Defender · Appreciation of ISO27001, GDPR, PCI, etc 2 days a fortnight in London- or more if you want.. Hybrid reworking.