Equinix Acquires Switch Datacenters' AMS1 Data Center Business in Amsterdam
Equinix, Inc, the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that it has closed a transaction for the purchase of Switch Datacenters' AMS1 data center business in Amsterdam, Netherlands, in an all-cash transaction for €30 million ($34 million). The facility, which will be renamed Equinix AM11 International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data center, is in close proximity to Equinix's existing campus in southeast Amsterdam and will help meet growing demand for digital infrastructure connectivity in the Amsterdam and broader European markets, as businesses continue to build out their digital edge strategies.
The agreement was signed on April 16, 2019, and the acquisition was completed on April 18, 2019.
Highlights / Key Facts
- AM11 becomes the 11th Equinix IBX data center in the Netherlands and the ninth Equinix IBX located in Amsterdam. The data center is a leased asset and adds approximately 250 cabinets of sold capacity and a total capacity for approximately 700 additional cabinets once the facility is completely built out. The site can also support the potential to expand into an adjacent building to accommodate future growth and approximately 1,300 additional cabinets.
- Equinix's southeast Amsterdam campus includes AM1, AM2, AM5 and AM7. The AM11 data center will be tethered to Equinix's AM7 data center, enabling customers to easily interconnect with the world's largest business ecosystems available on Platform Equinix® for maximum collaboration across digital supply chains. AM11 currently has a customer mix that maps closely to Equinix's existing base including networks, cloud service providers and content and digital media companies.
- Private connectivity between enterprises, strategic cloud service providers and network services is essential as digital transformation fuels higher demand for localized digital services at the edge. According to Volume 2 of the Global Interconnection Index, a market study published by Equinix, the capacity for private data exchange between enterprises and cloud and network service providers is forecast to grow nearly 10 times faster than public internet traffic by 2021.
- Equinix's Netherlands IBX data centers are business hubs to more than 1,125 companies that connect to business partners and customers across their digital supply chains. Equinix in the Netherlands is home to many thriving, diverse business ecosystems, including:
- Europe's electronics payments and e-commerce ecosystems, which operate at Equinix to leverage excellent broadband connections to the rest of the world, as well as connections to many global submarine cable networks
- ISPs, telecommunications carriers, content providers and hosting services from all over the world, via connections to the AMS-IX, Equinix IX and NL-IX in Equinix's Amsterdam colocation facilities
- International enterprises that want to take advantage of the Netherlands' high-speed connections to the rest of Europe: typical latency from the Netherlands to London, Paris and Frankfurt is less than 50 milliseconds
- Businesses in the Netherlands can access leading cloud service providers such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and Google Cloud, which are available on Equinix Cloud Exchange Fabric™ (ECX Fabric™). As Equinix offers direct access to the highest concentration of major cloud provider onramps in the world, ECX Fabric is ideally suited to solve customers' multicloud network connectivity challenges.
- Today, Equinix operates 200 IBX data centers in 52 markets, providing customers even more ways to connect with other businesses around the world on Platform Equinix.
- Security infrastructure Engineer - Firewall | IDS | NAC | Cloud. Exclusive project, £75,000+
- United Kingdom
Security infrastructure Engineer - Firewall | IDS | NAC | Cloud. Exclusive project DCL Search exclusive Identifier Project. To join a financial services business. Key hire to be part of / influence the cyber security capability and direction within the business. Hands on experience managing / monitoring / upgrading / implementing / using the following; · Firewalls: SonicWall and or Palo Alto · NAC: Cisco OR Macmon · WAF | CASB | MDM Experience with SIEM monitoring / vulnerability analysis also highly desirable. MUST have current hands on experience with vulnerability management tooling and best practice. Current Financial services is a nice to have. Learn new skills working within a collaborative team. Grow as a security professional.
- Outside IR 35 CONTRACT SC CLEARED Cyber Security Operations Analyst SPLUNK ES- UK REMOTE- £500 a day.
6 month contract Outside IR35 Operational Cyber Security Analyst. Hands on Splunk Security Enterprise and Security clearance is required As is someone that holds SC clearance. SOC and Vulnerability management experience. Vulnerability Analysis / Management - Tenable
- SOC Manager Security Operations. SIEM, Threat / Vulnerability, IR, SOC Service- Exclusive
- United Kingdom
SOC Manager- SIEM, Threat / Vulnerability, Incident response. Exclusive Project. Management and on growth growth of Security Operations Centre capability. Managing and maturing the team, technical services line and fronting client engagements where needed. An in-depth technical background is essential, experience across SOC SIEM/ Threat Hunting (IR) tools, processes, techniques, operational is a MUST. The role will include, but not limited to; evolving the technical process, building operational capability, managing and hiring team, involved at a high level overviewing policy/playbooks, fine turning of the go-to-market collateral etc.
- Contact 12 month- Security Operations- Tanium Engineer / Analyst.
- United Kingdom
- Dependent on experience
Security Operations engineer / Analyst with Tanium for a 12 month contract. Experience configuring using, managing, supporting troubleshooting Tanium's suite of end point solutions is essential. The opportunity is due to a client expanding its international capability to a follow the sun model. To be involved in spinning up a European capability. Based in the UK. English essential and ideally being fluent in French.