Gamma announces strong results for 2018
Gamma Communications plc (“Gamma” or “the Group”), a leading, technology -based provider of communications services to the business market, is pleased to announce its results for the year ended 31 December 2018.
|Years ended 31 December|
|2018||2017 (Restated2)||Change (%)|
|EBITDA (also being adj EBITDA1)||£48.3m||£36.0m||+34%|
|EPS (Fully Diluted, “FD”)||30.0p||24.0p||+25%|
|Adjusted EPS1 (FD)||30.3p||23.1p||+31%|
|Total dividend per share||9.3p||8.4p||+11%|
|Cash generated by operations||£40.6m||£29.9m||+36%|
|Cash generated by operations / EBITDA||84%||83%|
1 All adjusted measures set out above and throughout this document which are described as “adjusted” represent Alternative Performance Measures (“APMs”) and are separately presented within the statement of comprehensive income or reconciled in the Financial Review section or segment note and are applied consistently. Where reference is made to adjusted EPS this is stated on a fully diluted basis. Definitions and recalculations of APMs are included in the Financial Review. Our Policy on the use of APMs is included in note 2 to the condensed financial statements.
2 The prior period comparative figures have been restated for the effects of the adoption of IFRS 15, see note 3 of the 2018 Annnual Report and Accounts for details of the impact of the change in accounting policies. In the text of this document where figures for 2017 have been quoted, these have been restated.
- Continued strong growth –
- The number of installed SIP Trunks increased from 680,000 at 31 December 2017 to 856,000 at 31 December 2018 (+26%).
- The number of Cloud PBX users increased from 331,000 to 435,000 (+31%); this is an important base in which to cross and up-sell our Unified Communications as a Service (“UCaaS”) product, Collaborate, which will be launched shortly.
- A key part of our “Gamma 2023” strategy is building on our Fixed and Mobile Telecom strength to differentiate our UcaaS proposition from pure “over the top” (“OTT”) providers. As a result of our ongoing investment, data products have performed very well. Broadband has increased from 76,000 units to 94,000 (+24%) and Ethernet from 6,900 to 8,370 (+21%). Mobile connections have increased from 35,000 to approximately 50,000 (+43%).
- Gamma’s indirect business continues to grow.
- Gross profit from indirect business increased from £83.0m in 2017 to £97.5m in 2018 (+13%).
- The number of Channel Partners grew from 1,089 at 31 December 2017 to 1,150 at 31 December 2018 (+6%). The acquisition of new partners has seen a slow down in the second half and growth is increasingly coming from our existing partners.
- The Gamma Academy delivered 16,602 training courses to Channel Partners during 2018, representing strong engagement and participation across our partner base.
- Gamma Accelerate delivered a significant increase in marketing campaigns run by Channel Partners during the period, when compared to 2017, and 732 of Gamma’s partners are now actively using the platform.
- Gamma’s direct business continues to deliver very positive growth.
- Gross profit up from £26.5m in 2017 to £32.8m in 2018 (+24%).
- Improved pipeline and several new contract wins have materially increased contracted revenue and margin backlog during the period, which provides a very confident future growth outlook.
- The direct business delivered significant new multi-year contract wins, including ALDI, BGL Group (financial services), The John Lewis Partnership, Hidden Hearing and The London Stock Exchange Group.
- In the Public Sector, Gamma achieved Stage 2 Health and Social Care Network (HSCN) compliance, in addition to being awarded new contracts with both Fife and Thurrock Councils.
- During the period, Gamma made an acquisition in the Netherlands, as a first step in a broader strategy to deliver long term growth and increased scale.
- The acquisition of DX Groep BV (which trades as Dean One and Schiphol Connect in the Netherlands) on 1 October 2018 marked entry into the European Cloud Communications market.
- Gamma expanded further in the Netherlands with the acquisition of Nimsys in February 2019. Nimsys is an internet, cloud telephony and associated IT services company serving primarily operators and corporate clients of premium multi-tenant office buildings across the Netherlands.
Andrew Taylor, Chief Executive Officer, commented
“I have been impressed by what I have observed during my first nine months at Gamma, including the high quality of our team and the strength and special market approach of both our direct and indirect channel businesses, which are both delivering strong double-digit revenue and margin growth. The quality and reliability of Gamma’s core network, our service and operations, and our products, coupled with the digital capabilities that we have developed, has directly contributed to the strong results we have announced today. Looking forward, we are focused on building on our strong business foundations at Gamma, and ensuring that we continue to deliver what our customers and our channel partners want. As part of our Gamma 2023 strategy, we look forward to taking the business forward and delivering long term top and bottom line growth”
Industry: Unified communication news
- Sailpoint IIQ Consultant
- Up to £75,000
SailPoint IIQ consultant- London We are looking for a strong SailPoint IIQ consultant to work for this global enterprise, in this position you will be the lead consultant in regard to the IAM and PAM tools Duties include Responsible for designing, developing, testing, implementing, and integrating IAM (SailPoint) systems and solutions. Assessing requirements for Identity and Access Management solutions to meet stakeholders needs. Provide support for production IAM infrastructure systems and processes. Ensures the maintenance, patching, operating, and monitoring of IAM systems. Ensures senior management and staff are informed of any changes and updates in a timely manner. Experience with Maintaining and supporting SailPoint IIQ Assessing requirements for Privilege Access Management solutions to meet stakeholders needs We are looking for someone with the following experience SailPoint IIQ experience Expertise working with SailPoint Identity IQ platform - Access Lifecycle Management, Certifications, Role Management Expertise in onboarding applications with various connectors like Active Directory, JDBC, SCIM 2.0, Azure Active Directory Expertise in developing APIs (SCIM, REST) leveraging Java based developmentExperience of Privileged Access Management concepts and use cases Unfortunatly we are unable to provide sponsorship for this opportunity, therefore applications will need to be able to work in the UK
- SailPoint Consultant- Netherland-
- upto €700 per day
We are looking for a highly skilled SailPoint IIQ Consultant to work on a major deployment project. The ideal candidate will have experience with all aspects of SailPoint IIQ, including development, configuration, and administration. They will also be able to work independently and as part of a team to deliver high-quality results. · Responsibilities · Develop and configure Sailpoint IIQ solutions · Integrate SailPoint IIQ with other systems · Support SailPoint IIQ deployments · Provide technical support to users If you are a highly skilled SailPoint IIQ consultant who is looking for their next project, we encourage you to apply. look forward to hearing from you!
- Lead CyberArk deployment Consultant
- Upto £80,000 plus benefits
CyberArk Consultant is needed to be responsible for leading the deployment of CyberArk solutions for this expanding IT services business, You will work with customer both pre and post sales, getting involved in CyberArk Solution Design, helping to create CyberArk Strategic Roadmaps, on-boarding accounts, product and process integration into the CyberArk Solution and Proviso of Installation and technical Documentation. We are looking for this individual to have experience in: Installation of CyberArk PAS for V11.X and V12.X (Vault, DR Vault, Central Policy Manager and Password Vault Web Access) Upgrade of CyberArk from V9 and V10 (Vault, DR Vault, Central Policy Manager and Password Vault Web Access) Installation and Upgrade of Privilege Session Manager and Privilege Session Manager Proxy As some of your client will be government site, all individual will need to be put through SC clearance, therefore you must be eligible to receive this and happy to be put through(With a British Citizen or to have lived in the UK for the past 5 years) We are unable to provide work visa sponsorship for this opportunity
- Senior Business Analyst - Outside IR35 Contract, SC Clearance Required, London
- £400 per day outside IR35
Senior Business Analyst - Outside IR35 Contract, SC Clearance Required, Based in London Project- to engage with colleagues and stakeholders to investigate and model business functions, processes, information flows and data structures, using a range of business analysis techniques. • You will translate the solution to the business problem into detailed requirements by creating user stories and well-defined acceptance criteria. • Elicit end-to-end business requirements for a live cross-government service • Working across the Government departments to bring together varied business and operational outcomes to form a holistic overall set of service requirements Current SC clearance is required. As is the ability to travel to London.