Gamma announces strong results for 2018
Gamma Communications plc (“Gamma” or “the Group”), a leading, technology -based provider of communications services to the business market, is pleased to announce its results for the year ended 31 December 2018.
|Years ended 31 December|
|2018||2017 (Restated2)||Change (%)|
|EBITDA (also being adj EBITDA1)||£48.3m||£36.0m||+34%|
|EPS (Fully Diluted, “FD”)||30.0p||24.0p||+25%|
|Adjusted EPS1 (FD)||30.3p||23.1p||+31%|
|Total dividend per share||9.3p||8.4p||+11%|
|Cash generated by operations||£40.6m||£29.9m||+36%|
|Cash generated by operations / EBITDA||84%||83%|
1 All adjusted measures set out above and throughout this document which are described as “adjusted” represent Alternative Performance Measures (“APMs”) and are separately presented within the statement of comprehensive income or reconciled in the Financial Review section or segment note and are applied consistently. Where reference is made to adjusted EPS this is stated on a fully diluted basis. Definitions and recalculations of APMs are included in the Financial Review. Our Policy on the use of APMs is included in note 2 to the condensed financial statements.
2 The prior period comparative figures have been restated for the effects of the adoption of IFRS 15, see note 3 of the 2018 Annnual Report and Accounts for details of the impact of the change in accounting policies. In the text of this document where figures for 2017 have been quoted, these have been restated.
- Continued strong growth –
- The number of installed SIP Trunks increased from 680,000 at 31 December 2017 to 856,000 at 31 December 2018 (+26%).
- The number of Cloud PBX users increased from 331,000 to 435,000 (+31%); this is an important base in which to cross and up-sell our Unified Communications as a Service (“UCaaS”) product, Collaborate, which will be launched shortly.
- A key part of our “Gamma 2023” strategy is building on our Fixed and Mobile Telecom strength to differentiate our UcaaS proposition from pure “over the top” (“OTT”) providers. As a result of our ongoing investment, data products have performed very well. Broadband has increased from 76,000 units to 94,000 (+24%) and Ethernet from 6,900 to 8,370 (+21%). Mobile connections have increased from 35,000 to approximately 50,000 (+43%).
- Gamma’s indirect business continues to grow.
- Gross profit from indirect business increased from £83.0m in 2017 to £97.5m in 2018 (+13%).
- The number of Channel Partners grew from 1,089 at 31 December 2017 to 1,150 at 31 December 2018 (+6%). The acquisition of new partners has seen a slow down in the second half and growth is increasingly coming from our existing partners.
- The Gamma Academy delivered 16,602 training courses to Channel Partners during 2018, representing strong engagement and participation across our partner base.
- Gamma Accelerate delivered a significant increase in marketing campaigns run by Channel Partners during the period, when compared to 2017, and 732 of Gamma’s partners are now actively using the platform.
- Gamma’s direct business continues to deliver very positive growth.
- Gross profit up from £26.5m in 2017 to £32.8m in 2018 (+24%).
- Improved pipeline and several new contract wins have materially increased contracted revenue and margin backlog during the period, which provides a very confident future growth outlook.
- The direct business delivered significant new multi-year contract wins, including ALDI, BGL Group (financial services), The John Lewis Partnership, Hidden Hearing and The London Stock Exchange Group.
- In the Public Sector, Gamma achieved Stage 2 Health and Social Care Network (HSCN) compliance, in addition to being awarded new contracts with both Fife and Thurrock Councils.
- During the period, Gamma made an acquisition in the Netherlands, as a first step in a broader strategy to deliver long term growth and increased scale.
- The acquisition of DX Groep BV (which trades as Dean One and Schiphol Connect in the Netherlands) on 1 October 2018 marked entry into the European Cloud Communications market.
- Gamma expanded further in the Netherlands with the acquisition of Nimsys in February 2019. Nimsys is an internet, cloud telephony and associated IT services company serving primarily operators and corporate clients of premium multi-tenant office buildings across the Netherlands.
Andrew Taylor, Chief Executive Officer, commented
“I have been impressed by what I have observed during my first nine months at Gamma, including the high quality of our team and the strength and special market approach of both our direct and indirect channel businesses, which are both delivering strong double-digit revenue and margin growth. The quality and reliability of Gamma’s core network, our service and operations, and our products, coupled with the digital capabilities that we have developed, has directly contributed to the strong results we have announced today. Looking forward, we are focused on building on our strong business foundations at Gamma, and ensuring that we continue to deliver what our customers and our channel partners want. As part of our Gamma 2023 strategy, we look forward to taking the business forward and delivering long term top and bottom line growth”
Industry: Unified communication news
- Information Security Risk Consultant, London. ISO 27005
REFCH7901 Information Security Risk Consultant, London. ISO 27005 Information Security Risk consultant needed for a London based client. The ability to achieve SC security clearance will be required. ISO 27005 Risk Assessment experience is essential. The role will cover, Risk identification, Assessment and Advisory consulting. This is a client facing role, single client- not multiple. Experience working with multiple teams and internal stakeholders is essential. The information Security Risk Consultant should ideally have a breath of information Security and IT technology based security experience. Prior experience within the public sector is desirable, but not essential. Broad knowledge across Security IT transformation, Cloud is also key. Broad experience across GRC, iso27001, NIST is key. Ongoing support and training provided. Apply today for more information, all details kept in confidence.
- Google Cloud platform Security Engineer, Contract, inside IR35
- United Kingdom
REF CH7897 Google Cloud platform Security Engineer, Contract, Inside IR35 Looking for a Google Cloud platform Security Engineer will define, document, design, implement, harden and generally improve the security capability of a Google Cloud Platform. The ability to configure, and deploy the following Google Cloud Platform security solutioons is essential; Command Security Centre, Cluster Security, APIGEE, GCP Cloud Armor Hands on technical expertise security experience with Terraform, Kubernetes Security, Container (Docker) security, Secret Manager is essential as is experience securing Google Kubernetes Engine Workloads. It is essential that you have a proven track record of securing a GCP environment and expertise in automating that with Terraform. Scripting experience with the above where appropriate is a key ability. You will be highly technical and have the ability to engage with stakeholders to ultimately deliver a secure and hardened Google Cloud Platform.
- Security Analyst, London. Financial Services. End user.
CH7885. Security Analyst, London. Financial Services. End user. Immediate role. £55,000 Security Analyst needed to monitor and manage a security suite of tools within Financial Servicecs end user . The Security Analyst will be responsible monitoring, configuring, fine tuning, incident management and generally improving the security tool capability. Specific experience with CyberArk, Tripwire Log Center and Tripwire Enterprise is highly desirable). Current experience with Vulnerability management and penetration testing is highly desirable. Specifically the ability to effectively manage 3rd party pen tests. You will be working within a specialist security team reporting to the CISO. Experience working within a regulated end user environment within financial services is highly desirable. This role will run a hyrbid working schedule, partly remote, partly office based in London (once permitted) This is an exclusive role to DCL Search & Selection. https://calendly.com/chris-holt/call-with-chris-holt-dcl-search
- IAM Consultant- Identity Governance
- United Kingdom
- Upto £80,000 plus benefits
Identity and Access Management Consutlant is required for this established business who put their employees first. the role entails • Develop and maintain IAM services. • Further develop IAM tool integration with Service Now to provide automated JML processes and application access requests and fulfilment. • Provide guidance over Role Based Access in terms of Location based Roles, Application Roles and Business Roles and act as SME over any future RBAC project. • Work closely with our other Technology teams on integrating IAM services with Technology and business systems to increase efficiency through automation around areas such as JML processes, application access request fulfilment and attestation. • Work with the Governance Risk & Compliance (GRC) team to provide application access attestations and toxic combination alerting and reporting. • Involvement with Identity Management initiatives such as Single Sign On (SSO) and Privileged Access Management (PAM), to ensure security and business processes are in line with industry best practice. • Assist in ensuring that all IAM capabilities are mapped to internal processes, policies, and standards. Develop metrics to measure and improve the alignment. • Complete monthly review and report on sensitive group access, i.e., service accounts, admin accounts, etc. validating I&O processes are effective. • Provide information to both internal and external Auditors in response to findings. • Collate audit evidence for AAF audit and control reviews, taking responsibility for identifying service and process improvements to ensure compliance with our controls and standards. We are looking for someone with Hands on technical experience with the IAM tools, you need to have been involved in the integration of the IAM solution into 3rd party software like Servicenow, You will have worked with an IAM tools that are focused into Identity Goveranance, like RSA, CA Identity Suite, Fischer Identity, Hid Global, IBM IGL, Net IQ Identity Goverance, Omada, Ping or Oracle Post covid, this role will invovle a mix of home and office work, the business have a number of office spread across the UK so locaton is flexible for this position