Equinix to Extend Interconnection and Data Center Services to Hamburg
Equinix, Inc. the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that it has closed a transaction for the purchase of a commercial building at Vierenkamp 1, Hamburg, Germany, from Aspen REG 1. Management GmbH for $11 million (€9 million). Equinix will invest another $25 million (€22 million) to redevelop the space in phase one. The facility, which will be renamed the Equinix HH1 International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data center, will extend the company's global interconnection platform, Platform Equinix®, into a fourth market in Germany and will help meet growing demand for digital infrastructure connectivity throughout Europe. The acquisition was completed on December 28, 2018, and the new site is expected to be open for business in Q3 2019.
Highlights / Key Facts:
- With a population of more than five million, the Hamburg metro area is the second-largest city in Germany and has a large concentration of multinational enterprises, including large automotive and consumer packaged goods companies. Additionally, the city is home to a growing technology community, including many e-commerce companies which require low latency, increased bandwidth and connectivity to industry-leading networking and cloud services providers.
- To meet this demand, Equinix will refurbish the existing two-story industrial building, which is approximately 130,000 square feet (12,000 square meters), and transform the space into an interconnection and carrier-neutral colocation environment. The redevelopment will deliver 375 cabinets in phase one with the ability to expand to 1,875 cabinets at full build.
- As a part of their IT transformation, enterprises increasingly require low-latency network connectivity, access to cloud service providers in top global markets and interconnection with customers and partners across their digital supply chain to run their corporate IT. The new HH1 IBX data center will enable Equinix customers to evolve from traditional businesses to "digital businesses" whereby they globally interconnect with people, locations, cloud services and data. Additionally, customers will have the opportunity to operate on an expanded global platform to process, store and distribute larger volumes of latency-sensitive data and applications at the digital edge, closer to end users and local markets.
- The new HH1 IBX data center will be strategically located in proximity to the North Sea, which will provide easy access for subsea cable landing stations, as Hamburg is a top interconnection point for cables connecting to Frankfurt. Equinix has won more than 20 subsea cable landing deals in recent years.
- Today, Equinix's Germany data centers are business hubs for over 900 companies across nine facilities located in Frankfurt, Munichand Dusseldorf. Equinix in Germany is home to many thriving, diverse business ecosystems, including: financial services, which converge on Equinix to streamline trading and to share time-sensitive information with partners; the world's largest internet exchange, DE-CIX Frankfurt, and the Equinix IX internet exchange platform, as well as the ECIX, NL-IX, KleyRex and DataIX internet exchanges; and leading international companies in the banking, commerce and automotive industries, as well as other global enterprises that use these facilities to gain a presence in Europe's largest national economy.
- Equinix previously committed to investing over $150 million (€131 million) in organic expansion of its German data centers for fiscal years 2018-2019.
- Today Equinix operates more than 200 IBX data centers in 52 markets, providing customers even more ways to connect with other businesses around the world on Platform Equinix.
Eric Schwartz, president, EMEA, Equinix:
"The German economy continues to be a source of strength in Europe, and demand for interconnection continues to rise to meet the IT transformation needs of businesses. By expanding to a fourth market in Germany, Equinix will provide multinational customers with greater choice of where they build their digital edge."
- ISO27001 Information Security Consultant
- Up to £60,000
Information Security Consultant with ISO27001 audit and advisory experience is needed for a client facing opportunity with a Cyber Security company in London. Experience with ISO27001 is essential. Activities of the role will include, but not be limited to providing advice to clients, Gap analysis, Risk assessment, analysis, ISO27001 Audits. Experience taking a client through to iso 27001 certification is highly desirable. This Cybersecurity consultancy, who are dedicated to improving and investing in their client's businesses and employees careers, are looking for a security consultant due to expansion. All the training and development will be provided to help them specialise into the PCI industry / Security advisory industry. Ideal certifications ISO27001 Lead Auditor, ISO 27001 Lead implementer, PCI ISA. Aspiring PCI QSA. Other certifications such as CISSP, CISM or CISA are beneficial to have but not required. The ability to SC Clearance is essential. MUST be UK based and realistically able to commute to London. Structured career path, technical training, diverse and interesting clients available. (ISO70001 Lead Auditor, ISO 27001 Lead implementer, PCI ISA. Aspiring PCI QSA, ISO27001 Information Security Consultant) Contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07884666351 or 02086634030 Ref: CH7514
- Google Cloud Data Engineer
- Up to £650 Per Day
Google Cloud Data Engineer London Up to £650 Per Day Duration: 3 months (Potential to extend) We are currently working with a leading Google Cloud partner who are currently looking for a Google Cloud Data Engineer in London. The Google Cloud Data Engineer will be responsible for a new, on-site project (start to finish) designing and implementing a data cataloguing platform using Google Cloud. Current Experience Required Google Cloud Data Analytics (Data Engineering, Data Mining, Data Cataloguing etc.) Cloud PUB / SUB Ref: PG7512
- Professional Services Security Engineer
- United Kingdom
Professional Services Security Engineer with current checkpoint experience is needed for the UK focused client facing implementation/migration, configuration position. The role will be utilising the latest versions of Checkpoint, so someone accredited with either CCSA or CCSE, on at least version R80 is ideal. The Professional Services Security Engineer must have current technical implementation experience using Checkpoint, however, I would look at someone with strong firewalling experience around other vendors such as Palo Alto and Fortinet. Being a multi-vendor professional services business, there is scope for this person to receive training and experience within other vendors. This is a UK wide role, the company in question has 2 offices across the UK, however, there is scope for this person to be home based when not on client site. Vendor training and exposure actively promoted.
- eDiscovery / Forensic Consultant, London, £65,000
Senior eDiscovery / forensic consultant needed to join a business is recognised for helping top tier clients across eDiscovery, Forensics, Incident Response, Advisory etc. Known the for quality, consistency of work throughout the world. This individual MUST be London based, client facing with deep technical hands on experience with eDiscovery / forensic tools, techniques and best practice. Hands on experience using Relativity is essential. The position is split between engaging with client stakeholders to provide consultancy, technical engaging to identify, preserve, collect, process, review and produce electronically stored information in litigation and manage / provide support for the other internal business functions. This will include, but not be limited to; manging client engagements, collecting / processing data within Relativity, delivering / providing guidance customisation on reports, advising clients. Any of the following certifications are highly desirable. • Relativity Certified Administrator (RCA) • Relativity Processing Specialist • Relativity Analytics Specialist Travel to client site will be involved. Fluency in multiple European languages is highly desirable. All details kept in the strictest of confidence. Contact me on Chris.email@example.com 07884666351 or 02086634030