Equinix to Extend Interconnection and Data Center Services to Hamburg
Equinix, Inc. the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that it has closed a transaction for the purchase of a commercial building at Vierenkamp 1, Hamburg, Germany, from Aspen REG 1. Management GmbH for $11 million (€9 million). Equinix will invest another $25 million (€22 million) to redevelop the space in phase one. The facility, which will be renamed the Equinix HH1 International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data center, will extend the company's global interconnection platform, Platform Equinix®, into a fourth market in Germany and will help meet growing demand for digital infrastructure connectivity throughout Europe. The acquisition was completed on December 28, 2018, and the new site is expected to be open for business in Q3 2019.
Highlights / Key Facts:
- With a population of more than five million, the Hamburg metro area is the second-largest city in Germany and has a large concentration of multinational enterprises, including large automotive and consumer packaged goods companies. Additionally, the city is home to a growing technology community, including many e-commerce companies which require low latency, increased bandwidth and connectivity to industry-leading networking and cloud services providers.
- To meet this demand, Equinix will refurbish the existing two-story industrial building, which is approximately 130,000 square feet (12,000 square meters), and transform the space into an interconnection and carrier-neutral colocation environment. The redevelopment will deliver 375 cabinets in phase one with the ability to expand to 1,875 cabinets at full build.
- As a part of their IT transformation, enterprises increasingly require low-latency network connectivity, access to cloud service providers in top global markets and interconnection with customers and partners across their digital supply chain to run their corporate IT. The new HH1 IBX data center will enable Equinix customers to evolve from traditional businesses to "digital businesses" whereby they globally interconnect with people, locations, cloud services and data. Additionally, customers will have the opportunity to operate on an expanded global platform to process, store and distribute larger volumes of latency-sensitive data and applications at the digital edge, closer to end users and local markets.
- The new HH1 IBX data center will be strategically located in proximity to the North Sea, which will provide easy access for subsea cable landing stations, as Hamburg is a top interconnection point for cables connecting to Frankfurt. Equinix has won more than 20 subsea cable landing deals in recent years.
- Today, Equinix's Germany data centers are business hubs for over 900 companies across nine facilities located in Frankfurt, Munichand Dusseldorf. Equinix in Germany is home to many thriving, diverse business ecosystems, including: financial services, which converge on Equinix to streamline trading and to share time-sensitive information with partners; the world's largest internet exchange, DE-CIX Frankfurt, and the Equinix IX internet exchange platform, as well as the ECIX, NL-IX, KleyRex and DataIX internet exchanges; and leading international companies in the banking, commerce and automotive industries, as well as other global enterprises that use these facilities to gain a presence in Europe's largest national economy.
- Equinix previously committed to investing over $150 million (€131 million) in organic expansion of its German data centers for fiscal years 2018-2019.
- Today Equinix operates more than 200 IBX data centers in 52 markets, providing customers even more ways to connect with other businesses around the world on Platform Equinix.
Eric Schwartz, president, EMEA, Equinix:
"The German economy continues to be a source of strength in Europe, and demand for interconnection continues to rise to meet the IT transformation needs of businesses. By expanding to a fourth market in Germany, Equinix will provide multinational customers with greater choice of where they build their digital edge."
- Sailpoint IIQ Consultant
- Up to £75,000
SailPoint IIQ consultant- London We are looking for a strong SailPoint IIQ consultant to work for this global enterprise, in this position you will be the lead consultant in regard to the IAM and PAM tools Duties include Responsible for designing, developing, testing, implementing, and integrating IAM (SailPoint) systems and solutions. Assessing requirements for Identity and Access Management solutions to meet stakeholders needs. Provide support for production IAM infrastructure systems and processes. Ensures the maintenance, patching, operating, and monitoring of IAM systems. Ensures senior management and staff are informed of any changes and updates in a timely manner. Experience with Maintaining and supporting SailPoint IIQ Assessing requirements for Privilege Access Management solutions to meet stakeholders needs We are looking for someone with the following experience SailPoint IIQ experience Expertise working with SailPoint Identity IQ platform - Access Lifecycle Management, Certifications, Role Management Expertise in onboarding applications with various connectors like Active Directory, JDBC, SCIM 2.0, Azure Active Directory Expertise in developing APIs (SCIM, REST) leveraging Java based developmentExperience of Privileged Access Management concepts and use cases Unfortunatly we are unable to provide sponsorship for this opportunity, therefore applications will need to be able to work in the UK
- SailPoint Consultant- Netherland-
- upto €700 per day
We are looking for a highly skilled SailPoint IIQ Consultant to work on a major deployment project. The ideal candidate will have experience with all aspects of SailPoint IIQ, including development, configuration, and administration. They will also be able to work independently and as part of a team to deliver high-quality results. · Responsibilities · Develop and configure Sailpoint IIQ solutions · Integrate SailPoint IIQ with other systems · Support SailPoint IIQ deployments · Provide technical support to users If you are a highly skilled SailPoint IIQ consultant who is looking for their next project, we encourage you to apply. look forward to hearing from you!
- Lead CyberArk deployment Consultant
- Upto £80,000 plus benefits
CyberArk Consultant is needed to be responsible for leading the deployment of CyberArk solutions for this expanding IT services business, You will work with customer both pre and post sales, getting involved in CyberArk Solution Design, helping to create CyberArk Strategic Roadmaps, on-boarding accounts, product and process integration into the CyberArk Solution and Proviso of Installation and technical Documentation. We are looking for this individual to have experience in: Installation of CyberArk PAS for V11.X and V12.X (Vault, DR Vault, Central Policy Manager and Password Vault Web Access) Upgrade of CyberArk from V9 and V10 (Vault, DR Vault, Central Policy Manager and Password Vault Web Access) Installation and Upgrade of Privilege Session Manager and Privilege Session Manager Proxy As some of your client will be government site, all individual will need to be put through SC clearance, therefore you must be eligible to receive this and happy to be put through(With a British Citizen or to have lived in the UK for the past 5 years) We are unable to provide work visa sponsorship for this opportunity
- Senior Business Analyst - Outside IR35 Contract, SC Clearance Required, London
- £400 per day outside IR35
Senior Business Analyst - Outside IR35 Contract, SC Clearance Required, Based in London Project- to engage with colleagues and stakeholders to investigate and model business functions, processes, information flows and data structures, using a range of business analysis techniques. • You will translate the solution to the business problem into detailed requirements by creating user stories and well-defined acceptance criteria. • Elicit end-to-end business requirements for a live cross-government service • Working across the Government departments to bring together varied business and operational outcomes to form a holistic overall set of service requirements Current SC clearance is required. As is the ability to travel to London.