Equinix to Extend Interconnection and Data Center Services to Hamburg
Equinix, Inc. the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that it has closed a transaction for the purchase of a commercial building at Vierenkamp 1, Hamburg, Germany, from Aspen REG 1. Management GmbH for $11 million (€9 million). Equinix will invest another $25 million (€22 million) to redevelop the space in phase one. The facility, which will be renamed the Equinix HH1 International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data center, will extend the company's global interconnection platform, Platform Equinix®, into a fourth market in Germany and will help meet growing demand for digital infrastructure connectivity throughout Europe. The acquisition was completed on December 28, 2018, and the new site is expected to be open for business in Q3 2019.
Highlights / Key Facts:
- With a population of more than five million, the Hamburg metro area is the second-largest city in Germany and has a large concentration of multinational enterprises, including large automotive and consumer packaged goods companies. Additionally, the city is home to a growing technology community, including many e-commerce companies which require low latency, increased bandwidth and connectivity to industry-leading networking and cloud services providers.
- To meet this demand, Equinix will refurbish the existing two-story industrial building, which is approximately 130,000 square feet (12,000 square meters), and transform the space into an interconnection and carrier-neutral colocation environment. The redevelopment will deliver 375 cabinets in phase one with the ability to expand to 1,875 cabinets at full build.
- As a part of their IT transformation, enterprises increasingly require low-latency network connectivity, access to cloud service providers in top global markets and interconnection with customers and partners across their digital supply chain to run their corporate IT. The new HH1 IBX data center will enable Equinix customers to evolve from traditional businesses to "digital businesses" whereby they globally interconnect with people, locations, cloud services and data. Additionally, customers will have the opportunity to operate on an expanded global platform to process, store and distribute larger volumes of latency-sensitive data and applications at the digital edge, closer to end users and local markets.
- The new HH1 IBX data center will be strategically located in proximity to the North Sea, which will provide easy access for subsea cable landing stations, as Hamburg is a top interconnection point for cables connecting to Frankfurt. Equinix has won more than 20 subsea cable landing deals in recent years.
- Today, Equinix's Germany data centers are business hubs for over 900 companies across nine facilities located in Frankfurt, Munichand Dusseldorf. Equinix in Germany is home to many thriving, diverse business ecosystems, including: financial services, which converge on Equinix to streamline trading and to share time-sensitive information with partners; the world's largest internet exchange, DE-CIX Frankfurt, and the Equinix IX internet exchange platform, as well as the ECIX, NL-IX, KleyRex and DataIX internet exchanges; and leading international companies in the banking, commerce and automotive industries, as well as other global enterprises that use these facilities to gain a presence in Europe's largest national economy.
- Equinix previously committed to investing over $150 million (€131 million) in organic expansion of its German data centers for fiscal years 2018-2019.
- Today Equinix operates more than 200 IBX data centers in 52 markets, providing customers even more ways to connect with other businesses around the world on Platform Equinix.
Eric Schwartz, president, EMEA, Equinix:
"The German economy continues to be a source of strength in Europe, and demand for interconnection continues to rise to meet the IT transformation needs of businesses. By expanding to a fourth market in Germany, Equinix will provide multinational customers with greater choice of where they build their digital edge."
- Healthcare Business Development Manager
- Up to £60,000 Base + UNCAPPED Earnings
Healthcare Business Development Manager We are currently working with a multi-vendor IT solutions provider who are looking for a Business Development Manager who will be responsible for selling into the Healthcare Industry in a new business focussed position. The Healthcare Business Development Manager will have Current/Recent experience working for an IT managed services business/solutions provider. Experience delivering £150,000+ GP a year Current/Recent experience winning new healthcare accounts (all accounts won are kept) Flexible working is provided and also uncapped earnings. Apply for more information or call Peter Georgiou on 02086634030. Unfortunately, our client are unable to provide sponsorship so candidates must be UK based (commutable to London). Ref PG7577
- Cyber Incident Response specialist
- Up to £75,000 Base
Cyber Incident Response specialist is needed to join a global consultancy whose cyber business unit are continuing to their investment in the growth of their team. The Cyber Incident Response specialist role is client-facing that will join an award-winning team that deliver varied, interesting and often challenging work to a wide range of prestigious clients. The Cyber Senior Incident Response MUST have current experience taking a client through the complete IR / triage process and have a blend of both technical and commercial (identifying and developing new business opportunities within a client) Proactive Incident response, forensics and Ediscovery experience is a MUST. An individual must be London commutable and happy to travel, often internationally. Key attributes should also include; stakeholder engagement, mentoring of team members, a collaborative working style. Technical experience must include; demonstrable experience within an cyber incident response, Forensic, cyber etc. Additional certifications could / should include GIAC certified (Intrusion analyst, incident handler, forensic handler) Any of the following are very desirable also CREST Certified Network Intrusion Analyst (CCNIA) CREST Certified Host Intrusion Analyst (CCHIA) CREST Certified Malware Reverse Engineer (CCMRE) CREST Practitioner Intrusion Analyst (CPIA) Career development and the opportunity to influence, apply today for more information or call Chris Holt on 07884666351 or 02086634030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Unfortunately, our client are unable to provide sponsorship for this opportunity. Candidates must be UK based. Ref: CH7578
- Sales Engineer (Telecoms, Ethernet, SDH, MPLS, IP)
- Up to €75,000 + Commission
Sales Engineer / Presales Consultant is needed for this Global Tier 1 carrier. You will be working with Enterprise customers helping to design solutions that solve your their business needs. You will be responsible for working alongside sales providing presales technical consultancy around my client's solutions base. You will be responsible for providing support for new business opportunities in terms of responding to RFIs & RFPs, understanding customer network requirements, high-level network architecture & design (including supplier selection on a global basis) and technical handover to network implementation teams. This is a great opportunity to join a global player who are growing their France based teams. You will require a successful track record in the telecommunications arena ideally from a global tier 1 ISP or network provider, with a demonstrable track record in designing complex enterprise solutions. A Sales Engineer needs to be technically astute and has had experience in the design, presentation, and implementation of Wide Area Networks (WAN). They need to understand a range of Layer 1, 2, and 3 technologies (Ethernet, SDH, MPLS, IP, etc) and build a solution based on the best technology to meet a customer’s requirements. In addition, they should have an understanding and experience in supplementary telecommunications services such as VoIP, Video Conferencing, Cisco and Riverbed hardware, and Security If you have any questions about this role, give us a call on 0044208 663 4030 or contact/send your CV to email@example.com Ref: RA7275
- Partner Manager (Network and UCC Services)
- Up to €100,000 plus €60,000 OTE, car allowance and benefits
We are looking for an experienced Partner Manager / Channel Manager to work for a global service provider to sell their Global SIP and Network Services to Enterprises and corporates through the partner market. This is a hunter role, and looking for an experienced salesperson who has knowledge of selling to and through the SI, Cisco and Microsoft Resellers. You will be responsible for Own and formulate a Sales and execution plan to get to quarterly targets Generate Leads from the partners Work with the Partner salesperson to help close deals. Acquire new partners and Deliver Quarterly numbers through the partners Work with Partner Marketing to create and run joint Partner plans/events to drive sales You will need to have experience in selling at least one of these services, global SIP, UCC and SD-WAN into and through the channel of, European Sis, Cisco or Microsoft resellers. Hunters who can identify key decision-makers in the targeted accounts Should be credible for partner to trust the person with leads and opportunities Drive to work through leads to closure along with the partner salesperson Ref: RA7277