Equinix to Extend Interconnection and Data Center Services to Hamburg
Equinix, Inc. the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that it has closed a transaction for the purchase of a commercial building at Vierenkamp 1, Hamburg, Germany, from Aspen REG 1. Management GmbH for $11 million (€9 million). Equinix will invest another $25 million (€22 million) to redevelop the space in phase one. The facility, which will be renamed the Equinix HH1 International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data center, will extend the company's global interconnection platform, Platform Equinix®, into a fourth market in Germany and will help meet growing demand for digital infrastructure connectivity throughout Europe. The acquisition was completed on December 28, 2018, and the new site is expected to be open for business in Q3 2019.
Highlights / Key Facts:
- With a population of more than five million, the Hamburg metro area is the second-largest city in Germany and has a large concentration of multinational enterprises, including large automotive and consumer packaged goods companies. Additionally, the city is home to a growing technology community, including many e-commerce companies which require low latency, increased bandwidth and connectivity to industry-leading networking and cloud services providers.
- To meet this demand, Equinix will refurbish the existing two-story industrial building, which is approximately 130,000 square feet (12,000 square meters), and transform the space into an interconnection and carrier-neutral colocation environment. The redevelopment will deliver 375 cabinets in phase one with the ability to expand to 1,875 cabinets at full build.
- As a part of their IT transformation, enterprises increasingly require low-latency network connectivity, access to cloud service providers in top global markets and interconnection with customers and partners across their digital supply chain to run their corporate IT. The new HH1 IBX data center will enable Equinix customers to evolve from traditional businesses to "digital businesses" whereby they globally interconnect with people, locations, cloud services and data. Additionally, customers will have the opportunity to operate on an expanded global platform to process, store and distribute larger volumes of latency-sensitive data and applications at the digital edge, closer to end users and local markets.
- The new HH1 IBX data center will be strategically located in proximity to the North Sea, which will provide easy access for subsea cable landing stations, as Hamburg is a top interconnection point for cables connecting to Frankfurt. Equinix has won more than 20 subsea cable landing deals in recent years.
- Today, Equinix's Germany data centers are business hubs for over 900 companies across nine facilities located in Frankfurt, Munichand Dusseldorf. Equinix in Germany is home to many thriving, diverse business ecosystems, including: financial services, which converge on Equinix to streamline trading and to share time-sensitive information with partners; the world's largest internet exchange, DE-CIX Frankfurt, and the Equinix IX internet exchange platform, as well as the ECIX, NL-IX, KleyRex and DataIX internet exchanges; and leading international companies in the banking, commerce and automotive industries, as well as other global enterprises that use these facilities to gain a presence in Europe's largest national economy.
- Equinix previously committed to investing over $150 million (€131 million) in organic expansion of its German data centers for fiscal years 2018-2019.
- Today Equinix operates more than 200 IBX data centers in 52 markets, providing customers even more ways to connect with other businesses around the world on Platform Equinix.
Eric Schwartz, president, EMEA, Equinix:
"The German economy continues to be a source of strength in Europe, and demand for interconnection continues to rise to meet the IT transformation needs of businesses. By expanding to a fourth market in Germany, Equinix will provide multinational customers with greater choice of where they build their digital edge."
- Cloud Channel Manager
- Up to £75,000 Base dependant on experience + Double OTE
A Cloud Channel Manager is needed for a Leading Cloud Service Provider in London due to increased customer demand. The Cloud Channel Manager will be primarily responsible for rebuilding & protecting current accounts and also new logo sales into the channel e.g. Value Added Resellers (VAR) / Managed Service Providers (MSP), SI etc. Requirements Current experience selling Cloud technology such as AWS / Azure into the channel Over achieved on sales targets. Long tenure (3/4 years+) in current and previous positions. Reference Number: PG7419
- Business Development Manager (Public Sector)
- Up to £75,000 Basic + Double OTE (Commission is uncapped and subject to accelerators)
One of our clients who are a leading service provider in London are looking for a Public Sector focussed Business Development Manager. The Business Development Manager (Public Sector) will be selling from a portfolio of managed ICT services and cloud services to prospects within the public sector focusing on central government, healthcare, university’s The portfolio will cover flexible end to-end managed services, UC, cloud, hosting and SDWan. Preference will also be given to Business Development Manager (Public Sector) who satisfy the following criteria: Over achievement of new business sales targets 5 years of experience in selling at least two of these; managed services, UC, Azure, AWS, SDWAN etc. New Business Background is a must in central government, healthcare or universities In return you will be working for a company that is growing over 25% organically year on year with excellent sales support and a great senior leadership team. Reference Number: BD7410
- Google Cloud Architect
- Up to £90.000 base plus bonus
We have a very urgent requirement for Google Cloud Architect for one of the reputed clients who are a fast growing GCP partner. The Google Cloud Architect will leverage Google Cloud technologies, designs, develops, and manages robust, secure, scalable, highly available, and dynamic solutions to drive business objectives. This will require all dimensions of cloud architecture including: Building, migrating and testing GCP environments and integration with other providers Build, design and implement scalable cloud-based web applications for PaaS, IaaS or SaaS. Provide thought leadership for cloud developer technology and collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams to streamline or improve adoption of Google Cloud Platform. This position will be located in London, United Kingdom. Unfortunately our client are unable to sponsor for this opportunity Reference Number: ES7411
- Solutions Consultant (Telecoms, SDWAN, IOT, WAN, Hosted services)
- Up to €90,000 plus car, bonus and benefits
Solutions Consultant is required to help lead a number of key client Migrations projects for this tier 1 Telecom company, the main role for the Solutions Consultant is helping customers migrate to new services, with a focusing on hosting (AWS, Azure) SDWAN and IOT You will be responsible for Post sales design documentation, implementation and migration of complex solutions for managed enterprise customers. Complex solutions consist of multi-product services. The TDA’s role is to ensure that these services interoperate and integrate into the customer environment. Such products consist of but not limited to MPLS, Ethernet, IPSec VPN’s, VoIP, Video Conferencing, Wireless, Internet, Private DSL, WAN Optimization, Managed Security Services, Managed Hosting, SDWAN and Complex Migration Planning. The TDA will own the technical delivery of customer solutions and will be the technical interface between the customer, product teams and project management during service delivery. Close engagement with pre-sales, technically validating solutions proposed are deliverable and all technical aspects are clearly defined prior to contract signature. The TDA accepts technical ownership of the solution at the point of contract signature. Lead customer facing technical workshops requiring excellent communication with the ability to articulate technical concepts clearly to all levels of competency. Providing support to 3rd line teams for OEM and design related faults. You will need to be at CCIE level (ideally CCIE R&S or SP ) with strong low level design and deployment skills, comfortable in front of customers and leading customer meeting Knowledge in SDWAN and Hosted services would be advantageous Reference Number: RA7413