UK Data Centre third party market is the largest in Europe, latest research finds, expansion driven by growth in Slough DC cluster
DataCentrePricing.Com (DCP), specialists in Data Centre trends and pricing, latest edition of the Data Centre Trends Tracker finds that the UK is the largest third party Data Centre market in Europe with 840,000 of Data Centre space, followed by Germany with 509,000 m2.
Some of the higlights found include:
- The UK is seeing rapid Data Centre growth – driven by the Slough Data Centre cluster - The UK is forecast to see growth of up to 40,000 m2 of new Data Centre raised floor space per annum, with 21,000 m2 of space alone forecast to come from the expansion of the Slough Data Centre cluster over the next 12 month period. It is to be followed by expansion in the London, Farnborough & Cardiff clusters.
- The UK Data Centre market is becoming more geographically diverse over time – The UK is composed of a number of Data Centre city clusters, with London & the Inner M25 area being the largest accounting for 260,000 m2 of space, followed by Slough (Berkshire) with 107,000 m2 of space. Other large UK Data Centre clusters include Cardiff, Manchester, Woking and Farnborough – with new Data Centre space also now being built around Edinburgh, Leeds and Newcastle.
- Overall average Data Centre pricing in the UK remains high – Average UK rack space rates are over Euro €1,000 per standard retail rack - and the UK is currently the third highest overall average rate in Europe (behind Switzerland & Ireland). But within the UK, there is a wide range of pricing which differs significantly by each Data Centre city cluster – with the Leeds and Newcastle clusters having the lowest average rentals – and the average is around 42 per cent less than the highest priced UK Data Centre cluster (which is the London & the Inner M25 region cluster)
- New Data Centre facilities are emerging in regional centres of the UK - In common with other Country Markets the UK is seeing the construction of Data Centres closer to the Edge, to support regional population centres and bring content nearer to the end user.
Data Centre facilities are being built in Wales, Scotland, the North West & the North East of England, with a range of new regional city Data Centre clusters being formed. And new Data Centre facilities have been opened near Portsmouth and Gloucester during the past six month period.
DCP analysis highlights the key common trends taking place in the UK and the emergence of city Data Centre clusters. DCP has identified there are five clusters in the UK including London, Slough, Cardiff, Manchester & Woking.
Increasingly, Data Centre Providers are competing to provide cloud connectivity to the key Cloud Service Providers via a cloud exchange aiming to attract the enterprise customer to the facility - which is driving the Data Centre clusters’ status as a connectivity hub. And the amount of connectivity available from a Data Centre facility helps determine whether a price premium can be charged – the more connectivity available the higher the price premium.
Industry: Data Centre News
- SailPoint Integration Consultant
- Upto £75000 plus benefits
SailPoint Integration Consultant. SailPoint Integration Consultant is needed for this expanding service business to help them with complex deployment with their FTSE focused customer base. They are looking for experienced SailPoint Integration Consultants who have: • Strong solution designing experience with in depth understanding of IAM concepts and thorough understanding of Sailpoint domain. • Thorough understanding of Identity and Access Governance concepts • Leading and creating Identity & Access Management (IAM) technical architecture • Secure by Design principles in Identify Access management, Privilege Access management • Familiar with cloud architectures, data management and source control from a security perspective. This is a great opportunity to join a business that is growing and looking for individuals who want to grow and develop and work on some of the most complex Sailpoint deployments.
- CyberArk Integration Consultant
- Greater London
- upto 75,000 plus benefits
CyberArk Integration Consultant. CyberArk Integration Consultant is needed for this expanding service business to help them with complex deployment with their FTSE focused customer base. They are looking for experienced CyberArk Integration Consultants who have: • Strong solution designing experience with in depth understanding of IAM concepts and thorough understanding of CyberArk domain. • Thorough understanding of Identity and Access Governance concepts • Leading and creating Identity & Access Management (IAM) technical architecture • Secure by Design principles in Identify Access management, Privilege Access management • Familiar with cloud architectures, data management and source control from a security perspective. This is a great opportunity to join a business that is growing and looking for individuals who want to grow and develop and work on some of the most complex CyberArk deployments.
- Penetration Tester, UK based. Ability to achieve SC clearance
- United Kingdom
Experienced Penetration tester- UK based with the ability to achieve SC clearance. On-going training and development and paid certifications / renewals. Interested to hear from all areas of penetration testing, web app, infrastructure, mobile, etc. MUST have current hands on experience delivering penetration testing. Ideally from a consultancy background with experience working with multiple clients. OSCP / CREST / CHECK / Tigerscheme penetration testing experience / certifications desirable. Apply today for more details. All information kept in the strictest of confidence.
- Senior Data Privacy Specialist, London. CIPT
REF CH7875 £60,000 Senior Data Privacy Specialist, London. CIPT Senior Data Privacy Specialist needed to help advise client on project and programmes relating to Data Privacy and compliance. UK based role. Ideally looking for someone that has a strong appreciation of technology and Data Privacy that can work with clients to develop or enhance their strategies, policies, processes and techniques to manage cybersecurity risks while enabling business driven data. Certified Information Privacy Technologists (CIPT), Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe CIPP/E experience and or certification highly desirable. Specific experience within the healthcare industry is of particular interest. All details kept in confidence Apply today for more information