UK Data Centre third party market is the largest in Europe, latest research finds, expansion driven by growth in Slough DC cluster
DataCentrePricing.Com (DCP), specialists in Data Centre trends and pricing, latest edition of the Data Centre Trends Tracker finds that the UK is the largest third party Data Centre market in Europe with 840,000 of Data Centre space, followed by Germany with 509,000 m2.
Some of the higlights found include:
- The UK is seeing rapid Data Centre growth – driven by the Slough Data Centre cluster - The UK is forecast to see growth of up to 40,000 m2 of new Data Centre raised floor space per annum, with 21,000 m2 of space alone forecast to come from the expansion of the Slough Data Centre cluster over the next 12 month period. It is to be followed by expansion in the London, Farnborough & Cardiff clusters.
- The UK Data Centre market is becoming more geographically diverse over time – The UK is composed of a number of Data Centre city clusters, with London & the Inner M25 area being the largest accounting for 260,000 m2 of space, followed by Slough (Berkshire) with 107,000 m2 of space. Other large UK Data Centre clusters include Cardiff, Manchester, Woking and Farnborough – with new Data Centre space also now being built around Edinburgh, Leeds and Newcastle.
- Overall average Data Centre pricing in the UK remains high – Average UK rack space rates are over Euro €1,000 per standard retail rack - and the UK is currently the third highest overall average rate in Europe (behind Switzerland & Ireland). But within the UK, there is a wide range of pricing which differs significantly by each Data Centre city cluster – with the Leeds and Newcastle clusters having the lowest average rentals – and the average is around 42 per cent less than the highest priced UK Data Centre cluster (which is the London & the Inner M25 region cluster)
- New Data Centre facilities are emerging in regional centres of the UK - In common with other Country Markets the UK is seeing the construction of Data Centres closer to the Edge, to support regional population centres and bring content nearer to the end user.
Data Centre facilities are being built in Wales, Scotland, the North West & the North East of England, with a range of new regional city Data Centre clusters being formed. And new Data Centre facilities have been opened near Portsmouth and Gloucester during the past six month period.
DCP analysis highlights the key common trends taking place in the UK and the emergence of city Data Centre clusters. DCP has identified there are five clusters in the UK including London, Slough, Cardiff, Manchester & Woking.
Increasingly, Data Centre Providers are competing to provide cloud connectivity to the key Cloud Service Providers via a cloud exchange aiming to attract the enterprise customer to the facility - which is driving the Data Centre clusters’ status as a connectivity hub. And the amount of connectivity available from a Data Centre facility helps determine whether a price premium can be charged – the more connectivity available the higher the price premium.
Industry: Data Centre News
- DevSecOpp- Security design / review consultant. SC Clearance. London
CH7838 London £70,000 DevSecOpp- Security design / review consultant. DevSecOpp- Security design / review consultant will ensure that newly created, public facing apps are secure by design and by default by aligning them to current / best practice security policies and standards into the design phases. The individual must have a technical software / application development background with specalist experinece in secure architecture design. (Frameworks, processes, best practice etc) Practical experience translating and ensuring that the OWASP top 10, ISO27001, HMG frameworks requirements are reviewed and embedded into project designs which are implemented is essential. Experience working projects through a full development lifecycle is key. You will work along side the design and project teams to idenitfy and mitigate risks throughout the design phases. This is a permanent role. SC clearance is essential as is the ability to get to the London office. (When appropiate #covid) Security DevSecOps consultant. To arrange a discreet call book via https://calendly.com/chris-holt/devsecopp--security-design-review-consultant
- SPLUNK SOC Analyst level 3, London.
SPLUNK SOC Analyst level 3, Must be able to commute to the City of London. Onsite role. Security clearance needed. The SPLUNK SOC Analyst level 3 must have current experience working within a SOC environment with specific experience using a range of tools and techniques to investigate security incidents. Current experience with Splunk is essential. any additional experience Individuals with Elastic Security SIEM are highly desirable. Any of the following certifications are desirable Splunk Phantom certified admin, Splunk Core Certified Power User / Advanced, Splunk Certified Enterprise Security Admin, etc The role will include, but not be limited to working with sophisticated information security tools, investigating security incidents, incident management, technical escalation, process improvement, research into the latest threats, reporting etc The individual MUST currently be living in the UK and be able to achieve UK security clearance. (SC) This is a permanent role To arrange a call with Chris Holt https://calendly.com/chris-holt/arranged-call-with-chris-holt-elastic-siem-engineer-soc Chris.Holt@dclsearch.com
- ISO 27001 & Business Continuity Security Specialist, End User
- United Kingdom
CH7828 ISO 27001 & Business Continuity Security Specialist, End User, £70,000 United Kingdom ISO 27001 & Business Continuity Security Specialist needed to join a Cyber team within an end user. The ISO 27001 & Business Continuity Security Specialist will have end to end responsibility for the information security and Business Continuity management system. ISMS/BCMS. Both from an information security and technical security perspective working alongside the CISO. Experience must include, but not be limited to; a mix of Information Security standards, frameworks, audit principles, controls / policies and the management and use of the technical tooling to achieve compliance. ISO 22301, ISO 27001, NIST Cybersecurity Framework etc An ideal candidate will be working within an end user environment with a cyber consultancy background. Experience taking a company through accreditation is highly desirable Experience managing internal stakeholders, technical teams and external third parties essential Flexible working, very occasional travel to London office This is an exclusive role to DCL Search & Selection. Looking to interview immediately. https://calendly.com/chris-holt/iso-27001-business-continuity-security-specialis
- PCI- DSS Security Consultant, End User
PCI- DSS Security Consultant needed to join a Cyber team within an end user. The PCI- DSS Security Consultant will have end to end responsibility for PCI - DSS and its continuing certification. Both from an information security and technical security perspective working alongside the CISO. Experience must include, but not be limited to; a mix of Information Security standards, frameworks, audit principles, controls / policies and the management and use of the technical tooling to achieve compliance. PCI objectives / 12 key requirements, OWASP top 10, ISO 27001, NIST Cybersecurity Framework etc An ideal candidate will be working within an end user environment with a cyber consultancy background. PCI Cloud compliance, specifically someone with experience taking PCI-DSS from on premise into the cloud is HIGHLY desired. However, someone with Solid PCI experience with a strong technical background which include Cyber / Secure by design etc would be considered. Experience managing internal stakeholders and external third parties essential. Flexible working, but with the ability to get into London. This is an exclusive role to DCL Search & Selection. 1st stage interviews to happen the week of the 14th September Arrange a call with Chris on https://calendly.com/chris-holt/arrange-a-call-chris-dcl-pci-compliance