UK Data Centre third party market is the largest in Europe, latest research finds, expansion driven by growth in Slough DC cluster
DataCentrePricing.Com (DCP), specialists in Data Centre trends and pricing, latest edition of the Data Centre Trends Tracker finds that the UK is the largest third party Data Centre market in Europe with 840,000 of Data Centre space, followed by Germany with 509,000 m2.
Some of the higlights found include:
- The UK is seeing rapid Data Centre growth – driven by the Slough Data Centre cluster - The UK is forecast to see growth of up to 40,000 m2 of new Data Centre raised floor space per annum, with 21,000 m2 of space alone forecast to come from the expansion of the Slough Data Centre cluster over the next 12 month period. It is to be followed by expansion in the London, Farnborough & Cardiff clusters.
- The UK Data Centre market is becoming more geographically diverse over time – The UK is composed of a number of Data Centre city clusters, with London & the Inner M25 area being the largest accounting for 260,000 m2 of space, followed by Slough (Berkshire) with 107,000 m2 of space. Other large UK Data Centre clusters include Cardiff, Manchester, Woking and Farnborough – with new Data Centre space also now being built around Edinburgh, Leeds and Newcastle.
- Overall average Data Centre pricing in the UK remains high – Average UK rack space rates are over Euro €1,000 per standard retail rack - and the UK is currently the third highest overall average rate in Europe (behind Switzerland & Ireland). But within the UK, there is a wide range of pricing which differs significantly by each Data Centre city cluster – with the Leeds and Newcastle clusters having the lowest average rentals – and the average is around 42 per cent less than the highest priced UK Data Centre cluster (which is the London & the Inner M25 region cluster)
- New Data Centre facilities are emerging in regional centres of the UK - In common with other Country Markets the UK is seeing the construction of Data Centres closer to the Edge, to support regional population centres and bring content nearer to the end user.
Data Centre facilities are being built in Wales, Scotland, the North West & the North East of England, with a range of new regional city Data Centre clusters being formed. And new Data Centre facilities have been opened near Portsmouth and Gloucester during the past six month period.
DCP analysis highlights the key common trends taking place in the UK and the emergence of city Data Centre clusters. DCP has identified there are five clusters in the UK including London, Slough, Cardiff, Manchester & Woking.
Increasingly, Data Centre Providers are competing to provide cloud connectivity to the key Cloud Service Providers via a cloud exchange aiming to attract the enterprise customer to the facility - which is driving the Data Centre clusters’ status as a connectivity hub. And the amount of connectivity available from a Data Centre facility helps determine whether a price premium can be charged – the more connectivity available the higher the price premium.
Industry: Data Centre News
- Outside IR35 Contract- SC / DV - Cloud / VMware Solution Architect
- Outside IR35
Solution Architect Contract - with active Security Clearance needed for Outside IR35 Contract London. SC / DV (must be willing to undergo DV) 6 month rolling Immediate Experience delivering technical Security Architecture design / assurance of security design. Specific experience with Cloud and VMWARE technologies Cross domain experience desirable HLD / LLD Current SC Clearance a must. London 3 days a week Immediately interviewing.
- Contract Night Shift Senior SOC Analyst | Microsoft Defender | Outside IR35
- United Kingdom
- Outside IR35
Contract Night Shift Senior SOC Analyst | Microsoft Defender / Sentinel | Outside IR35 Looking for an experienced SOC analyst to cover a night shift SOC operation. Level 2 technical Analyst. You must have current hands on technical experience with Microsoft defender / Sentinel within a customer facing SOC environment. This is a UK based position.
- DV Cleared CyberArk Consultant- Contract
- City of London
- Upto £700 per day
CyberArk Consultant is needed to be responsible for leading the deployment of CyberArk solutions for this Secure government site You will work with customer, helping to create CyberArk Strategic Roadmaps, on-boarding accounts, product and process integration into the CyberArk Solution and Proviso of Installation and technical Documentation. We are looking for this individual to have experience in: In CyberArk deployment, and ideally leady the deployment both strategically and also technically for this project we need the consultant to hold current DV cleared status For the right individual this could be a long term project.
- CyberSecurity Portfolio manager
- upto €60,000 plus benefits
A cybersecurity rockstar with a strategic mind and a passion for building winning solutions, is required to craft a cutting-edge security portfolio for an expanding IT Services business , with the aim to develop solution & services that will protect their customers business. this role will involve, develop & implement security strategies, manage the portfolio, drive sales, and collaborate with teams across the globe. we are looking for someone with experience in managing and building a cybersecurity portfolio of service a knack for building relationships & leading diverse teams Strategic vision & the ability to translate it into action strong communication & collaboration skills