Equinix Named a Leader in Inaugural IDC MarketScape Report for Worldwide Colocation and Interconnection Services
Equinix, Inc., the global interconnection and data center company, has this week announced that the IDC MarketScape has recognized it as a leader in Worldwide Colocation and Interconnection Services 2019-2020 vendor assessment . This assessment covers nine key colocation service providers worldwide and is based on current and future capabilities with a view of presenting a comprehensive analysis of enterprise requirements.
The report is IDC's first-ever assessment of the colocation and interconnection services vendor market using the IDC MarketScape model. It is a key milestone in the evolution of the data center and networking industry, as it reflects the demand for colocation and interconnection.
The recognition of Equinix as a leader in the first IDC MarketScape report for colocation and interconnection services leadership, underscores the value of Platform Equinix® and highlights the competitive advantages that Equinix believes it has over its competitors.
- As a result of this evaluation, Equinix was named a leader in the Worldwide Colocation and Interconnection Services assessment. Specifically, the report highlights the following strengths:
- Evolution: The IDC MarketScape report cites that Equinix has an optimistic outlook for future growth and is well poised to take advantage of emerging IT innovation over the next few years.
- Innovation: Equinix was recognized for the inherent value of Platform Equinix and the competitive advantage that the company has developed over its competitors, as well as a solid investment strategy and a proven record of innovation.
- Sustainability: The report recognizes Equinix as a leader in leveraging sustainable energy sources and innovations. Equinix was the first data center company to publish a comprehensive ESG sustainability report, based on GRI standards, and has also established a goal of implementing 100% clean and renewable energy. The company is an adopter of the VPPA approach to the acquisition of large-scale renewable energy and reports annually on its sustainability efforts and achievements through the report website: http://sustainability.equinix.com/
- The IDC MarketScape report says companies should consider Equinix when they are a global enterprise or service provider that needs to remove the distance between users, cloud services, ecosystem partners and customers across their edge to meet the high-performance and low-latency demands of digital. As companies transform their architecture to become digital ready, the IDC MarketScape report recommends Equinix for companies looking to optimize their network, scale across strategic locations, simplify hybrid multicloud access, distribute security controls to manage risk, or distribute data and analytics to optimize edge computing needs.
Courtney Munroe, Group Vice President, Telecommunications Research, IDC
"Equinix's strength is the company's comprehensive global footprint that has seen its brand become synonymous with neutral colocation data centers. Platform Equinix provides customers value that is extremely difficult and expensive for its rivals to emulate."
Steve Madden, Vice President, Global Segment Marketing, Equinix
"We are thrilled to receive top honors by IDC in the industry's first Colocation and Interconnection Services vendor assessment. To compete in the digital economy, there is a widespread and need for businesses to achieve differentiated advantage. This is why we are seeing interconnection and edge services growth. Our customers are leaping ahead, in secure hybrid capabilities and data exchanges, with efficient solutions supported by a large ecosystem of partners. Being recognized by IDC as a leader in our industry, demonstrates our commitment to our customers and their continued success."
Industry: Data Centre / Data Center
- Security Cloud Consultant, Design / Review / Advise, London
** Actively recruiting- Able to hire** Security Cloud Consultant, Design / Review / Advise with both technical design / architecture and information security (technical risk assessment) experience is needed to help a growing consultancy work with multiple clients on various security programmes. The responsibilities of the role will include, but not be limited to; Delivering high level security related design, discovering and advising against any security risk within a client’s current architecture, reviewing security architecture plans, design related consultation, technical review of architecture against policies. The Security Cloud Consultant, Design / Review / Advise, needs to have a broad Security Architecture experience including Cloud security Azure, Office265 / AWS is essential. Any of the following would be desirable, although not essential. AZ-500: Microsoft Azure Security Technologies AZ-303: Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies Travel will be required. Given the nature of the clients, the individual must be elidable to achieve UK Security clearance. Apply today for more information Chris.email@example.com https://www.linkedin.com/in/chrisholt1/ 07884666351
- eDiscovery Relativity Consultant
- Up to £65,000
REFCH7559 eDiscovery Relativity Consultant, Processing onwards, London, £65,000 London Experienced eDiscovery Relativity Consultant needed to join a London based client. The eDiscovery Relativity Consultant MUST have experience from the process stage onwards of the EDRM cycle. Processing, Review, Analysis, Production, Presentation. Experience optimising and improving analytics highly desirable. Identification and collection experience is useful but not essential. This individual commutable to London based as the role will be predominately office based Relativity Certified Administrator (RCA) Relativity Analytics Specialist Relativity Processing Specialist Relativity Certified User Relativity Infrastructure Specialist Fluency one or more European languages is desirable but not essential. Structured career progression available. All details kept in the strictest of confidence. Contact me on Chris.firstname.lastname@example.org 07884666351 or 02086634030
- Cyber Security Consultant, New Job, Devon, £60,000
Can interview and hire remotely without face to face. Cyber Security Consultant is needed in a client-facing consultancy role in the Devon area. Cyber Security Consultant needs to have a strong information security experience with a technical hands-on background. Travel will be involved with other clients, but a larger proportion of the time will be within the Devon area. This is a Security consultancy role so travel to other client site locations across the country will be expected. Broad InfoSec experience is desirable given the range of projects/programmes you will be involved in. The individual will be required to achieve or currently hold SC security clearance. Apply today. All details kept in the strictest of confidence. Chris.Holt@dclsearch.com 07884666351
- New Business Hunter - Cloud interconnect Services
- €75,000 + €75,000 OTE
Paris Reference RA 7376 Salary up to €75,000 plus 75,000 OTE New Business Hunter - Cloud Interconnect Services A new business hunter is required for this expanding Cloud Connect Services company who are looking to expand their presence within the French Market. They are looking for the right individual who enjoys targeting and winning large enterprise clients, You will be responsible for developing and managing a sales pipeline (qualification of leads, prospecting, monitoring of opportunities, closing ...) in order to go in search of future customers This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing business, where you will have the opportunity to become a key member of the Paris team, you will be selling a solution that is in high demand at the moment and will only become more in demand as more business adopt their cloud strategies The company currently has a number of large scale global enterprises as customers so you will have plenty of case studies to call upon. We are looking fr someone with proven new business skills, who can demonstrate new Logo accounts that they have won recently, you will need to be selling either telecom or cloud solutions and have a good understanding on connectivity services