Equinix Named a Leader in Inaugural IDC MarketScape Report for Worldwide Colocation and Interconnection Services
Equinix, Inc., the global interconnection and data center company, has this week announced that the IDC MarketScape has recognized it as a leader in Worldwide Colocation and Interconnection Services 2019-2020 vendor assessment . This assessment covers nine key colocation service providers worldwide and is based on current and future capabilities with a view of presenting a comprehensive analysis of enterprise requirements.
The report is IDC's first-ever assessment of the colocation and interconnection services vendor market using the IDC MarketScape model. It is a key milestone in the evolution of the data center and networking industry, as it reflects the demand for colocation and interconnection.
The recognition of Equinix as a leader in the first IDC MarketScape report for colocation and interconnection services leadership, underscores the value of Platform Equinix® and highlights the competitive advantages that Equinix believes it has over its competitors.
- As a result of this evaluation, Equinix was named a leader in the Worldwide Colocation and Interconnection Services assessment. Specifically, the report highlights the following strengths:
- Evolution: The IDC MarketScape report cites that Equinix has an optimistic outlook for future growth and is well poised to take advantage of emerging IT innovation over the next few years.
- Innovation: Equinix was recognized for the inherent value of Platform Equinix and the competitive advantage that the company has developed over its competitors, as well as a solid investment strategy and a proven record of innovation.
- Sustainability: The report recognizes Equinix as a leader in leveraging sustainable energy sources and innovations. Equinix was the first data center company to publish a comprehensive ESG sustainability report, based on GRI standards, and has also established a goal of implementing 100% clean and renewable energy. The company is an adopter of the VPPA approach to the acquisition of large-scale renewable energy and reports annually on its sustainability efforts and achievements through the report website: http://sustainability.equinix.com/
- The IDC MarketScape report says companies should consider Equinix when they are a global enterprise or service provider that needs to remove the distance between users, cloud services, ecosystem partners and customers across their edge to meet the high-performance and low-latency demands of digital. As companies transform their architecture to become digital ready, the IDC MarketScape report recommends Equinix for companies looking to optimize their network, scale across strategic locations, simplify hybrid multicloud access, distribute security controls to manage risk, or distribute data and analytics to optimize edge computing needs.
Courtney Munroe, Group Vice President, Telecommunications Research, IDC
"Equinix's strength is the company's comprehensive global footprint that has seen its brand become synonymous with neutral colocation data centers. Platform Equinix provides customers value that is extremely difficult and expensive for its rivals to emulate."
Steve Madden, Vice President, Global Segment Marketing, Equinix
"We are thrilled to receive top honors by IDC in the industry's first Colocation and Interconnection Services vendor assessment. To compete in the digital economy, there is a widespread and need for businesses to achieve differentiated advantage. This is why we are seeing interconnection and edge services growth. Our customers are leaping ahead, in secure hybrid capabilities and data exchanges, with efficient solutions supported by a large ecosystem of partners. Being recognized by IDC as a leader in our industry, demonstrates our commitment to our customers and their continued success."
Industry: Data Centre / Data Center
- Contract SailPoint Programme Manager - UK 12 month+ project
- United Kingdom
Programme manager with SailPoint IdentityIQ IAM experience is needed for a 12 month rolling contract. To engage and manage a enterprise client programme of work focused around SailPoint. This is a hybrid role, some limited travel to London / Reading maybe required. You must have enterprise level programme management, a focused and recent history within Identity and Sailpoint project experience. Exclusive project, interview immediately.
- Outside IR 35 contract- Threat & vulnerability analyst - SC CLEARED UK REMOTE
6 month rolling contract Outside IR35- immediate start. Threat and Vulnerability Analyst. Tenable.sc experience needed. The ability to deploy agent, configure environments, run active and passive scans, produce reports and prioritise remediation activities based on output Current and ACTIVE clearance is required
- Chief Information Security Officer- CISO. London
Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) is needed to join a senior leadership team that is driving change across a London based FTSE business. You will have responsibility and accountability to define and execute an information & Cyber Security strategy. To be successful you should have the following experience; Experience defining, presenting and executing against your information AND cyber security strategy. Experience delivering / managing functions across information security GRC / Audit and technical Cyber Security capabilities. Senior stakeholder management to the executive committee. Embedding Info / cyber security within a Cloud focused environment. Further develop, expand and mature the information / cyber security function | team. Be able to regularly commute to London Financial services experience is desirable. If this sounds like an opportunity you are interested in then please use the below form to schedule a call. This is an exclusive project to DCL Search. All conversations are kept in confidence.
- IAM Business Analyst- ForgeRock
- European Union
- £500 per day
IAM Business Analyst with ForgeRock experience is need for a 12 months contract The client is in the middle of a large scale ForgeRock deployment and the BA will sit between the technical teams and the business helping to ensure the project is a success You will need to be a strong business communicator and have experience of mapping business needs against ForgeRock features This will be a remote project dealing with teams in different geographies, you must have strong English communications skills and be happy working remotely and able to be proactive to ensure your side of the project is a success