BlackBerry Showcases AI-Based Automotive Solution to Drive the Connected Future
BlackBerry Limited has unveiled a customizable concept solution that OEMs and fleet managers can use for vehicle health and security use cases to ‘future-proof’ their vehicles, accelerating development timelines and reducing the cost of moving projects from research to production and onto roads.
Working with BlackBerry’s cybersecurity and automotive embedded systems teams, companies across the transportation industry will be able to leverage the solution to build powerful AI and ML software-driven use cases with a view to enhancing the overall safety and security of their vehicles. The new offering marks the first time BlackBerry Cylance’s AI and ML technologies have been integrated with BlackBerry QNX solutions, which currently are embedded in more than 150 million cars on the road today.
The modular and flexible system will allow automakers and fleet managers to activate just the features they need or use their own data or pre-built AI/ML models to create an aggregate view of the health of their vehicles from a single console or ‘Vehicle Operations Centre’, while also being able to automate software patches, continuously authenticate drivers and proactively address cybersecurity threats using both Endpoint Protection and Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) technology. The solution:
- Is built on the ISO 26262 safety-certified BlackBerry QNX Hypervisor, providing a secure and reliable foundation for safety-critical applications.
- Leverages threat detection technologies from CylancePROTECT to predict, prevent, detect, and remediate advanced malicious threats and malware in the vehicle infotainment system
- Integrates the contextual analysis engine from CylanceOPTICS to provide the capability to proactively scan the vehicle for signs of trouble or software anomalies before they lead to maintenance issues, cybersecurity vulnerabilities, or accidents.
- Uses behavioural monitoring techniques from CylancePERSONA to ensure the identity of the vehicle’s driver is known and trusted in relation to their driving profile.
- Provides insights into cybersecurity and operational events on vehicle(s) and complete remediation through a fully customizable Vehicle Operations Center.
- Incorporates the BlackBerry Jarvis cloud-based static binary code scanning solution to identify vulnerabilities in software used in automobiles.
- Includes the BlackBerry OTA Software Update Management Service, a proven, reliable and secure OTA update service, to allow preventative software maintenance over the lifetime of a car, allowing automakers to deliver new capabilities to millions of end-users simultaneously.
- Leverages BlackBerry UEM for the deployment of malware-free applications to managed vehicles.
“This solution represents a major milestone in the company’s continued efforts to integrate BlackBerry Cylance’s innovative prevention-first, predictive security products with our vast range of industry-leading technologies,” said Charles Eagan, Chief Technology Officer, BlackBerry. “With the average new car containing more than 100 million lines of code and some of the most complex software ever deployed by automakers, the need for a holistic view into the overall health and security posture of a vehicle's entire code base throughout its full lifecycle is absolutely critical. No one knows security better than us and we now have a transportation-focused framework that the industry can tap to enhance the security, trustworthiness, and safety of connected vehicles, providing peace of mind to drivers, passengers and pedestrians alike.”
Industry: Cyber Security & Artificial Intelligence
- Contract (outside) Cyber Incident manager – current SC clearance ESSENTIAL
- United Kingdom
Contract (outside) Cyber Incident manager – current SC clearance ESSENTIAL Outside IR35 Client facing (Remote UK) with occasional site visit. Must have current Cyber incident response / management experience. Both proactive planning, escalation, coordination and coordinating response. Stakeholder engagement both technical and non technical teams. Prior experience with Technical incident / digital forensics / crisis management. Immediate role.
- Tenable Vulnerability Analyst - CONTRACT outside IR35. SC cleared.
- United Kingdom
6 month rolling contract Outside IR35- immediate start. Threat and Vulnerability Analyst. Tenable.sc experience needed. The ability to deploy agent, configure environments, run active and passive scans, produce reports and prioritise remediation activities based on output Current and ACTIVE SC clearance is required
- ForgeRock Consultant
- £600 per day
ForgeRock Consultant required for 6 Month Contract (with potential to extend) Outside IR35, Must be willing to work Europe hours (GMT+1) This is a remote position, Looking for a lead ForgeRock Technical Consultant with strong experience of ForgeRock to lead the next phase of deployment. Good understanding of ForgeRock Directory Services. · Responsible for the design and implementation of ForgeRock stack · Install and configure ForgeRock stack to meet customer authentication and authorization requirements, · Design and implement OAuth2 protocol using ForgeRock OpenAM, · Design and develop OpenAM custom authentication modules, · Configure ForgeRock stack to protect RESTful API, · Troubleshoot and support ForgeRock IAM stack. · Designed and developed Restful APIs, This is a great project with an expanding ForgeRock Partner, where you will get to work on some high level deployment projects We are looking for someone with the above experience, who is comfortable hitting the ground running and taking on the reins mid project
- Network Security Engineer
- €550 a day
German- based contract opportunity This is an onsite based position, we would need the Network Security engineer to be able to work on the client site 5 days a week Seeking an experienced Network Security Engineer for a leading technology company. Strong expertise in firewall/IPS solutions, proxy solutions, and certificate management is required. Good hands-on experience in networking and web-related technologies necessary. Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work under pressure are essential. we are looking for a Network Security Engineer with the following experience: · Expertise in Administration, Management & Troubleshooting of Firewall / IPS solutions / Proxy solutions/Certificate Management Solutions · Good Hands-on Experience on security devices (PaloAlto/ /McAfee Proxy/CISCO ISE/Certificate Management) · Good Hands-on Experience in Networking with skills of switching, routing & wireless Technologies · Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocol · Configuration of NAT / PAT, firewall policies, profiling, objects, AD-Integration, backup – restore · Knowledge of Subnetting TCP/IP Communication, VLSM Configuration of VLAN VTP · Configuration of Routing Protocols e.g. RIPv1 & v2, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP Knowledge of standard and extended ACL 12 month contract