Equinix Extends the Digital Edge with 12 New Data Centers and 23 Expansions Opening in 2019
Equinix, Inc, will open 12 new International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers and expand 23 existing IBX data centers in 2019 as part of an expected $1.730 to $1.920 billion of non-recurring capital expenditure expansion program for the year as announced on the company's Q1 2019 earnings call.
Equinix plays a strategic role in advancing enterprise digital transformation, for which global businesses are demanding increasing levels of direct and private connectivity with customers and partners. This interconnection is optimally achieved through the robust ecosystems of clouds, networks and services available at Equinix globally. By providing new capacity in 2019, Equinix continues to extend Platform Equinix®, further enabling companies to deploy their IT infrastructure and services at the digital edge in more than 50 metros across the globe.
The following new IBX data centers will open in 2019 and, where applicable, will be directly connected to other Equinix IBX data centers within each metro via fiber links between the sites.
- Paris – In March 2019, Equinix opened PA8—its eighth IBX in the Paris metro, and the first new build dedicated to hyperscale customers. Equinix has had early success with PA8, which is currently over 60% pre-leased.
- Shanghai – In February 2019, Equinix opened its fifth IBX in Shanghai. Located in the Pudong Free-Trade Zone, the SH6 IBX data center is the largest Equinix facility in Shanghai and is a hub for the trading and financial services sectors.
Q2 Planned Openings
- Helsinki – Equinix will open its seventh IBX data center in Helsinki, HE7, as announced on November 28, 2018. Helsinki is a digital gateway bridging the gap between Russia, the Baltic states and the rest of Europe through direct digital routes.
- London – In April 2019, Equinix opened, LD7, its eighth IBX in London to support the growing demand of this strategic market. Including current expansion projects, Equinix will have invested over $1.2 billion to build and expand its presence in the London area.
- Sofia – Equinix will extend its presence in Bulgaria, opening its second IBX in Sofia, SO2, as announced on October 4, 2018. Bulgariais a strategic location within the Balkans with access to the EU, Turkey and the Caucasus.
- Tokyo – To support the growing demand for increased levels of interconnection from the cloud, network, and financial services sectors, Equinix will open its eleventh and largest IBX in Tokyo, TY11.
Q3 Planned Openings
- Melbourne –Equinix will open its fourth IBX in Melbourne, ME2, as announced on March 11, 2019. Equinix Melbourne IBX data centers offer strong network and cloud connectivity as well as direct access to the Victoria Internet Exchange. In addition, Equinix Melbourne data centers allow Equinix customers to be located in the second-largest economy in Australia.
- Seoul – South Korea is one of the top 15 largest economies in the world and one of the most vibrant digital economies globally—with high bandwidth and advanced applications driving many of its industries. To support this high-growth market, Equinix will open its first IBX in South Korea, SL1, as announced on January 14, 2019.
- Sydney – Equinix will open its eighth IBX in Sydney, SY5, as announced on February 25, 2019. SY5 will be Equinix's largest IBX in Australia.
- Warsaw – Continuing its investment in Eastern Europe, Equinix will open WA3, its third IBX in Warsaw, Poland. Warsaw is the capital city of the second-largest economy in Eastern Europe, and is a popular regional headquarters location for large multinational corporations.
Q4 Planned Openings
- Hamburg – HH1, the first IBX in Hamburg, extends Equinix to its fourth metro in Germany. As announced on January 10, 2019, HH1 will be strategically located in proximity to the North Sea, which will provide easy access for subsea cable landing stations, as Hamburg is a top interconnection point for cables connecting to Frankfurt.
- Singapore – Equinix will open its fourth IBX in Singapore, SG4, as announced on January 7, 2019. SG4 will be strategically situated at the East of Singapore in one of the country's five data center clusters—Tai Seng Industrial Estate—providing location diversity from the three existing Equinix IBX data centers in Singapore.
2019 Expansions of Existing IBX Data Centers – In addition to the 12 new IBX openings in 2019, Equinix expansions of existing IBX data centers include 23 projects that will open in 2019 in the Amsterdam, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Frankfurt (three expansion projects), Hong Kong (three expansion projects), London (four expansion projects), Madrid, New York, Osaka, Paris, Perth, Seattle, Stockholm and Zurich(two expansion projects) metros.
- Equinix Sustainability – Equinix is committed to designing, building and operating its data centers with high energy efficiency standards, and it has a long-term goal of using 100% clean and renewable energy for the company's global platform. In 2018, Equinix sourced clean and renewable energy for over 90% of its global data center footprint.
- Equinix Today – Equinix currently operates 202 IBX data centers in 24 countries and 52 metros across 22.2 million gross square feet of data center space. With more than 341,000 total interconnections that connect companies within the Equinix ecosystem, the company has more than 9,800 customers, including more than 1,800 networks and more than 2,900 cloud and IT service providers. Equinix customers include nearly half of the Fortune 500 and thirty-five percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
- Kelly Morgan, Vice President – Datacenter Infrastructure & Services, 451 Research
"Connectivity is critical for the development of modern distributed, hybrid, multi-cloud environments. Datacenter facilities that offer the ability to interconnect with an extensive ecosystem of network and cloud providers can provide enterprises with distinctive strategic advantages in their markets. Equinix's datacenters and its expanding interconnection platform provide the type of environment that enables companies to accelerate their cloud strategies and execute on digital transformation."
- Charles Meyers, CEO, Equinix
"As digital transformation is reshaping virtually every industry across the globe, companies are thinking differently about how they interact with every element of their supply chain, and a clear architecture of choice is emerging – one that is cloud-first, distributed and hybrid. To achieve this, their architecture needs to be deployed at the digital edge, where Equinix resides and continues to expand its unmatched global reach with the investments we are making in 2019 and beyond."
Industry: Data Centre News
- CONTRACT SIEM Cyber Security Operations Engineer. REMOTE
- United Kingdom
REFCH8165 CONTRACT SIEM Cyber Security Operations Engineer. REMOTE UK SIEM Engineer. 6 month Contract. Inside IR35 Working towards a "SOC 2" environment. CLOUD (AWS) experience essential. Three key functions; Monitor, Escalate and Triage incidents. Vulnerability Management / threat intel. SIEM configuration / management, review, enhancement More specifically; Work with internal teams to identify assets. Identity applicable threat feeds and work with internal teams to remediate. Patch Patch Patch. (Help mature process / identify gaps) Configuration / fine tuning of SIEM alerts. Create dashboards, Compliance reporting. Log ingestion. Experience across ISO27001 / SOC2 / SIEM / End Point Security is essential Contact me today for more information Chris.Holt@dclsearch.com Or 07884666351
- Cyber Security Operations Engineer. REMOTE UK. SOC2
- United Kingdom
REF8164 Cyber Security Operations Engineer. REMOTE UK Internal opportunity. New position. Exclusive to DCL Search. You will be the hands on technical eyes and ears of the Cyber security capability actively working to ensure and enhance the adherence to ISO27001 and "SOC 2" controls. You role will touch on the following · Security Monitoring- SIEM · Vulnerability Management / Testing · Incident Management · Asset management · Disaster Recovery planning · Change Management AWS Cloud experience is essential as is the ability to ensure patch management is prioritised across the business. Any CLOUD SIEM experience highly desirable. Contact me today for more information Chris.Holt@dclsearch.com Or 07884666351
- Lead Security Architect
- United Kingdom
Engage with key clients in an Architectural / technical presales capacity. Including Stakeholders, end users / partners. Working on new and existing Security projects to confirm that proposed solutions are fit for purpose from both a technical and regulatory capacity. Working closely with multiple vendor . Managed security service background ideal CLOUD Security (AZURE OR AWS), IDAM background ideal.
- Threat Vulnerability Management Analyst
- United Kingdom
To monitor, identify and alert internal teams of cyber threats and vulnerabilities. MIRE Att&ck, CIS, OWASP, Vulnerability management tools MUST be able to commute to central London MUST be able to achieve UK SC Clearance. On going support and development.