Equinix Extends the Digital Edge with 12 New Data Centers and 23 Expansions Opening in 2019
Equinix, Inc, will open 12 new International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers and expand 23 existing IBX data centers in 2019 as part of an expected $1.730 to $1.920 billion of non-recurring capital expenditure expansion program for the year as announced on the company's Q1 2019 earnings call.
Equinix plays a strategic role in advancing enterprise digital transformation, for which global businesses are demanding increasing levels of direct and private connectivity with customers and partners. This interconnection is optimally achieved through the robust ecosystems of clouds, networks and services available at Equinix globally. By providing new capacity in 2019, Equinix continues to extend Platform Equinix®, further enabling companies to deploy their IT infrastructure and services at the digital edge in more than 50 metros across the globe.
The following new IBX data centers will open in 2019 and, where applicable, will be directly connected to other Equinix IBX data centers within each metro via fiber links between the sites.
- Paris – In March 2019, Equinix opened PA8—its eighth IBX in the Paris metro, and the first new build dedicated to hyperscale customers. Equinix has had early success with PA8, which is currently over 60% pre-leased.
- Shanghai – In February 2019, Equinix opened its fifth IBX in Shanghai. Located in the Pudong Free-Trade Zone, the SH6 IBX data center is the largest Equinix facility in Shanghai and is a hub for the trading and financial services sectors.
Q2 Planned Openings
- Helsinki – Equinix will open its seventh IBX data center in Helsinki, HE7, as announced on November 28, 2018. Helsinki is a digital gateway bridging the gap between Russia, the Baltic states and the rest of Europe through direct digital routes.
- London – In April 2019, Equinix opened, LD7, its eighth IBX in London to support the growing demand of this strategic market. Including current expansion projects, Equinix will have invested over $1.2 billion to build and expand its presence in the London area.
- Sofia – Equinix will extend its presence in Bulgaria, opening its second IBX in Sofia, SO2, as announced on October 4, 2018. Bulgariais a strategic location within the Balkans with access to the EU, Turkey and the Caucasus.
- Tokyo – To support the growing demand for increased levels of interconnection from the cloud, network, and financial services sectors, Equinix will open its eleventh and largest IBX in Tokyo, TY11.
Q3 Planned Openings
- Melbourne –Equinix will open its fourth IBX in Melbourne, ME2, as announced on March 11, 2019. Equinix Melbourne IBX data centers offer strong network and cloud connectivity as well as direct access to the Victoria Internet Exchange. In addition, Equinix Melbourne data centers allow Equinix customers to be located in the second-largest economy in Australia.
- Seoul – South Korea is one of the top 15 largest economies in the world and one of the most vibrant digital economies globally—with high bandwidth and advanced applications driving many of its industries. To support this high-growth market, Equinix will open its first IBX in South Korea, SL1, as announced on January 14, 2019.
- Sydney – Equinix will open its eighth IBX in Sydney, SY5, as announced on February 25, 2019. SY5 will be Equinix's largest IBX in Australia.
- Warsaw – Continuing its investment in Eastern Europe, Equinix will open WA3, its third IBX in Warsaw, Poland. Warsaw is the capital city of the second-largest economy in Eastern Europe, and is a popular regional headquarters location for large multinational corporations.
Q4 Planned Openings
- Hamburg – HH1, the first IBX in Hamburg, extends Equinix to its fourth metro in Germany. As announced on January 10, 2019, HH1 will be strategically located in proximity to the North Sea, which will provide easy access for subsea cable landing stations, as Hamburg is a top interconnection point for cables connecting to Frankfurt.
- Singapore – Equinix will open its fourth IBX in Singapore, SG4, as announced on January 7, 2019. SG4 will be strategically situated at the East of Singapore in one of the country's five data center clusters—Tai Seng Industrial Estate—providing location diversity from the three existing Equinix IBX data centers in Singapore.
2019 Expansions of Existing IBX Data Centers – In addition to the 12 new IBX openings in 2019, Equinix expansions of existing IBX data centers include 23 projects that will open in 2019 in the Amsterdam, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Frankfurt (three expansion projects), Hong Kong (three expansion projects), London (four expansion projects), Madrid, New York, Osaka, Paris, Perth, Seattle, Stockholm and Zurich(two expansion projects) metros.
- Equinix Sustainability – Equinix is committed to designing, building and operating its data centers with high energy efficiency standards, and it has a long-term goal of using 100% clean and renewable energy for the company's global platform. In 2018, Equinix sourced clean and renewable energy for over 90% of its global data center footprint.
- Equinix Today – Equinix currently operates 202 IBX data centers in 24 countries and 52 metros across 22.2 million gross square feet of data center space. With more than 341,000 total interconnections that connect companies within the Equinix ecosystem, the company has more than 9,800 customers, including more than 1,800 networks and more than 2,900 cloud and IT service providers. Equinix customers include nearly half of the Fortune 500 and thirty-five percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
- Kelly Morgan, Vice President – Datacenter Infrastructure & Services, 451 Research
"Connectivity is critical for the development of modern distributed, hybrid, multi-cloud environments. Datacenter facilities that offer the ability to interconnect with an extensive ecosystem of network and cloud providers can provide enterprises with distinctive strategic advantages in their markets. Equinix's datacenters and its expanding interconnection platform provide the type of environment that enables companies to accelerate their cloud strategies and execute on digital transformation."
- Charles Meyers, CEO, Equinix
"As digital transformation is reshaping virtually every industry across the globe, companies are thinking differently about how they interact with every element of their supply chain, and a clear architecture of choice is emerging – one that is cloud-first, distributed and hybrid. To achieve this, their architecture needs to be deployed at the digital edge, where Equinix resides and continues to expand its unmatched global reach with the investments we are making in 2019 and beyond."
Industry: Data Centre News
- Identity & Access Management (IdAM) Consultant
- Upto €100,000 plus bonus and benefits
An Identity & Access Management Consultant is needed to lead and drive technical and or business transformation projects in a client-facing position for a prestigious consultancy in Germany. The Identity & Access Management Consultant will be responsible for technical design and implementation of Identity & Access Management/IAM products within a wide variety of clients. The Identity & Access Management Consultant will have a blend of technical hands-on and client-facing consultancy with the ability to develop new business. Broad technical knowledge across Identity and access management is benefical. The Identity & Access Management Consultant will need to have technical hands-on experience with one or more of the following core areas; Privileged Access Management (PAM, CyberArk, Beyondtrust, Thycotic) Identity Governance Administration (IGA, Sailpoint, Omada, RSA) Customer Identity & Access Management (CIAM, Forgerock PSD2) The Identity & Access Management Consultant must have the willingness to travel to customer sites across Germany (once we are allowed to)
- Cyber Vulnerability and Threat Hunter, London
REF CH7915 Cyber Vulnerability and Threat Hunter, London £50,000 London To monitor and identify cyber threats and vulnerability within a public sector environment. MIRE Att&ck, CIS, OWASP, Vulnerability management tools MUST be able to commute to central London MUST be able to achieve UK SC Clearance. On going support and development. Apply today for more information or contact me directly on Chris.Holt@dclsearch.com or 07884666351
- Ping Identity Consultant
- upto €850
Looking for experienced PIng Identity Consultants, Looking for consultant with Implemenation or Architect experience in the Ping identity product set (Ping Federate, Ping Access, Ping Directory, Ping Adapter development, SDK etc) This would be for implementation projects, working across Europe. You will be responsible for providing implementation services to our clients from information gathering through to implementation. Evaluating client business, process, systems, and technology requirements and advise clients on best practices to help guide and solidify proposed designs. Manage Client expectations, Stakeholder Managment, ensuring design match business requirements this is a remote role you can be based anywher in Europe
- Ping Identity Consultant
Looking for experienced PIng Identity Consultants, Looking for consultant with Implemenation or Architect experience in the Ping identity product set (Ping Federate, Ping Access, Ping Directory, Ping Adapter development, SDK etc) This would be for implementation projects, working across Europe. You will be responsible for providing implementation services to our clients from information gathering through to implementation. Evaluating client business, process, systems, and technology requirements and advise clients on best practices to help guide and solidify proposed designs. Manage Client expectations, Stakeholder Managment, ensuring design match business requirements this is a remote role, you can be based anywhere within Europe