Five most startling statistics from the Cyberthreat Defense Report
The CyberEdge Group 2019 sixth annual Cyberthreat Defense Report surveyed 1,200 international IT security decision makers and practitioners from 19 different industries to provide a fascinating look at the industry’s main concerns.
Terry Ray, SVP and Imperva Fellow has reviewed the report to pull out his list of its most dramatic findings:
1. No organisation is immune from attack. 2018 was the first in which the percentage of organisations hit by one or more successful cyber-attacks actually fell year-over-year. That decrease was short-lived. The percentage of organisations breached in the past year increased again year-over-year to 78 percent in the 2019 survey. Worse, 32 percent of businesses reported being breached 6+ times in the last 12 months, up from 27percent in the past year. That’s a nearly 20 percent increase — HUGE in my mind.
2. The two most-wanted security technologies revolve around smarter software. Security teams are swamped with too much data, not enough intelligence; too many meaningless events, not enough ability to detect the true threats. No wonder that advanced security analytics and threat intelligence services are at the top the list of the most-desired technologies by security professionals.
3. Web Application Firewalls (WAFs) rule. For the second year in a row, respondents to the CyberEdge survey said WAFs (63 percent) were their most widely-deployed application and data security technology.
4. The two security processes businesses struggle with most. They are 1) secure application development and testing, and 2) detection of insider attacks. Because as powerful as WAFs are, they are best at protecting the metaphorical walls of your business from outside attack, but not as optimised for either emerging threats or attacks involving trusted employees who have been compromised or are malicious. Data Security and RASP (Runtime Application Self-Protection) solutions can fill in these security gaps.
5. Machine learning and AI are making an impact TODAY. Who says AI is a coming technology? Four out of five respondents said they believe machine learning and AI are making a difference in the battle to detect cyber-threats. How? By analysing and automating the processing of millions of security events, filtering out meaningless ones, and distilling the rest into several actionable insights that security pros can quickly act on."
Industry: Cyber Security News
- Outside IR35 Contract- SC / DV - Cloud / VMware Solution Architect
- Outside IR35
Solution Architect Contract - with active Security Clearance needed for Outside IR35 Contract London. SC / DV (must be willing to undergo DV) 6 month rolling Immediate Experience delivering technical Security Architecture design / assurance of security design. Specific experience with Cloud and VMWARE technologies Cross domain experience desirable HLD / LLD Current SC Clearance a must. London 3 days a week Immediately interviewing.
- Contract Night Shift Senior SOC Analyst | Microsoft Defender | Outside IR35
- United Kingdom
- Outside IR35
Contract Night Shift Senior SOC Analyst | Microsoft Defender / Sentinel | Outside IR35 Looking for an experienced SOC analyst to cover a night shift SOC operation. Level 2 technical Analyst. You must have current hands on technical experience with Microsoft defender / Sentinel within a customer facing SOC environment. This is a UK based position.
- DV Cleared CyberArk Consultant- Contract
- City of London
- Upto £700 per day
CyberArk Consultant is needed to be responsible for leading the deployment of CyberArk solutions for this Secure government site You will work with customer, helping to create CyberArk Strategic Roadmaps, on-boarding accounts, product and process integration into the CyberArk Solution and Proviso of Installation and technical Documentation. We are looking for this individual to have experience in: In CyberArk deployment, and ideally leady the deployment both strategically and also technically for this project we need the consultant to hold current DV cleared status For the right individual this could be a long term project.
- CyberSecurity Portfolio manager
- upto €60,000 plus benefits
A cybersecurity rockstar with a strategic mind and a passion for building winning solutions, is required to craft a cutting-edge security portfolio for an expanding IT Services business , with the aim to develop solution & services that will protect their customers business. this role will involve, develop & implement security strategies, manage the portfolio, drive sales, and collaborate with teams across the globe. we are looking for someone with experience in managing and building a cybersecurity portfolio of service a knack for building relationships & leading diverse teams Strategic vision & the ability to translate it into action strong communication & collaboration skills