Five most startling statistics from the Cyberthreat Defense Report
The CyberEdge Group 2019 sixth annual Cyberthreat Defense Report surveyed 1,200 international IT security decision makers and practitioners from 19 different industries to provide a fascinating look at the industry’s main concerns.
Terry Ray, SVP and Imperva Fellow has reviewed the report to pull out his list of its most dramatic findings:
1. No organisation is immune from attack. 2018 was the first in which the percentage of organisations hit by one or more successful cyber-attacks actually fell year-over-year. That decrease was short-lived. The percentage of organisations breached in the past year increased again year-over-year to 78 percent in the 2019 survey. Worse, 32 percent of businesses reported being breached 6+ times in the last 12 months, up from 27percent in the past year. That’s a nearly 20 percent increase — HUGE in my mind.
2. The two most-wanted security technologies revolve around smarter software. Security teams are swamped with too much data, not enough intelligence; too many meaningless events, not enough ability to detect the true threats. No wonder that advanced security analytics and threat intelligence services are at the top the list of the most-desired technologies by security professionals.
3. Web Application Firewalls (WAFs) rule. For the second year in a row, respondents to the CyberEdge survey said WAFs (63 percent) were their most widely-deployed application and data security technology.
4. The two security processes businesses struggle with most. They are 1) secure application development and testing, and 2) detection of insider attacks. Because as powerful as WAFs are, they are best at protecting the metaphorical walls of your business from outside attack, but not as optimised for either emerging threats or attacks involving trusted employees who have been compromised or are malicious. Data Security and RASP (Runtime Application Self-Protection) solutions can fill in these security gaps.
5. Machine learning and AI are making an impact TODAY. Who says AI is a coming technology? Four out of five respondents said they believe machine learning and AI are making a difference in the battle to detect cyber-threats. How? By analysing and automating the processing of millions of security events, filtering out meaningless ones, and distilling the rest into several actionable insights that security pros can quickly act on."
Industry: Cyber Security News
- IAM Product/ Project Manager
- Upto €80,000 plus benefits
IAM product/project manager is need for this expanding service provider to help develop their IAM (CIAM) strategy roadmap. This role will have two main functions, to work between the front end digital team and the backend IAM development team to ensure that the current deployment of the solution runs smoothly and is fit for purpose, the Second function is to look at the business’ future digital offerings and to understand how the IAM/CIAM solution will develop with the new digital strategy, you will be looking at the future technology and the ensuring the IAM solution is fit for purpose. The business is an agile environment and you will require agile experience. This is a great opportunity to help shape a key product within the future digital strategy of this expanding service provider. We are looking for someone with both IAM and strong product management experience Project management experience would be beneficial. If you are interested speak to Robert Anderton on 0044 (0) 7957 493501 and he will be able to discuss the role in more details IAM product/project manager is needed for this expanding service provider to help develop their IAM (CIAM) strategy roadmap. This role will have two main functions, to work between the front end digital team and the backend IAM development team to ensure that the current deployment of the solution runs smoothly and is fit for purpose, the second function is to look at the business’ future digital offerings and to understand how the IAM/CIAM solution will develop with the new digital strategy, you will be looking at the future technology and the ensuring the IAM solution is fit for purpose. The business is an agile environment and you will require agile experience. This is a great opportunity to help shape a key product within the future digital strategy of this expanding service provider. We are looking for someone with both IAM and strong product management experience Project management experience would be beneficial. If you are interested then speak to Robert Anderton on 0044 (0) 7957 493501 and he will be able to discuss the role in more details
- Cyber Incident Manager, Proactive planning and management. SC
Cyber Incident Manager, Proactive planning and management. Cyber incident Manager needed to join a large and complex business to help them prepare for a cyber related incidents. SC clearance will be required. Current or the ability to achieve. This role does not require specific current hands on technical Incident response experience, but this background would give a distinct advantage. The role has two key functions: to help the business prepare for an event and to steer them through when / if that happens. The Cyber Incident response managers role will include, but not be limited to; working with internal stakeholders to develop a security incident management plan along with its and supporting policies. Developing plans and implementing strategies on how incidents are detected, reported, assessed and responded to. Engaging with leadership teams both internal and external, proactively mapping out this large business to identify and engage the various other stakeholders and their teams. Build out and document incident scenarios and their processes, ensure incident management procedures are updated, playbooks and key training etc. You should have experience working with both internal teams and external suppliers. The role will also focus on liaising with the various teams to ensure the security incident response plan is delivered effectively. CCIM, GCIH, CIPR (NCSC-Certified Cyber Incident Planning & Response) Looking to interview immediately.
- SOC Manager. SC Clearance. Immediate opportunity.
Permanent SOC Manager. SC cleared / clearable, London / Birmingham. SOC Manager needed to replace a SOC contractor I placed into a client who is due to complete their assignment at the end of March. The ability to achieve SC clearance is essential. Looking for someone that is a blend of strategic stakeholder engagement with strong technical skills. The role will sit in a relatively new SOC environment. The position is to setup, implementation and management of resources to help with the initial and on-going stages of a new SOC. Experience engaging with and managing client stakeholder relationships as well as 3rd party relationships is critical. The role will involve; setting up, implementing and fine tuning the various initial stages of a SOC environment. Experience establishing and building out technical process / operational capability, managing of technical teams (analysts, engineers and architects, creation of policy / playbooks, fine turning is key. SPLUNK is the tooling of choice… Interviewing immediately. Set up a call with me today on https://calendly.com/chris-holt/arranged-call-with-chris-holt-soc-manager-role Direct contact details Chris.Holt@dclsearch.com or 07884666351
- Security engineer. Financial Services. UK. Permanent
CH7863 Security engineer. End User . Financial Services Security Engineer needed to monitor and manage a security suite of tools within an End User environment. The Security Engiener will be responsible monitoring, configuring, fine tuning, incident management and generally improving the security tool capability. Specific experience with CyberArk, Tripwire Log Center and Tripwire Enterprise is highly desirable). Current experience with Vulnerability management and penetration testing is highly desirable. Specifically the ability to effectively manage 3rd party pen tests. You will be working within a specialist security team reporting to the CISO. Experience working within an end user environment within financial services is highly desirable. Flexible location. This is an exclusive role to DCL Search & Selection. To book a call please use my Calendy link https://calendly.com/chris-holt/arranged-call-with-chris-holt-soc-role-