Meet Poly: Plantronics + Polycom Relaunches to Focus on Driving the Power of Many
Plantronics, Inc. (“Poly”), has this week announced that the company will transform into Poly, a technology company focused on the human experience of communications and collaboration, aiming to make communication as rich and natural as in-person.
Poly, which means “many,” leverages the legendary audio and video expertise of Plantronics and Polycom and its breadth of smart endpoints that connect across and between unified communications platforms to reduce the distractions, complexity, and distance in the modern workspace. Poly aims to be the solution of choice whenever and wherever collaboration clouds reach people.
“Today feels like my first day as CEO of a new company,” said Joe Burton, president and chief executive officer, Poly. “We see limitless opportunity for how people communicate and collaborate today. With advancements in AI, machine learning and new technologies, we see a future where Poly makes the connection, then quietly steps out of the way to become the one thing you don’t notice in the meeting.”
Poly will focus on four distinct areas of innovation:
- Making workspaces intuitively work for everyone. The modern open office has introduced distraction and noise into the work place, leading to lower productivity and employee satisfaction. Poly offers solutions today to address audible distraction in open spaces as well as technologies that make huddle rooms as powerful as traditional board rooms.
- Helping people collaborate, their way. People are now using three or more collaboration solutions in a given day and need endpoints that work with and across those solutions. Poly offers a wide range of solutions to meet this growing need.
- Designing solutions that are mobile-first for the modern workforce. Whether it is using a personal smart phone as a “business phone” or navigating through a day where personal and business blend, workers need voice and video capabilities that move with them. Poly’s recently announced Elara 60 recognizes this is the new normal and joins Poly’s award-winning mobile headsets to give people high quality tools to be productive from anywhere.
- Advancing cloud services that help IT pros and users get more out of their devices. As the macro trend of end user empowerment continues, IT pros are more challenged to know what is being used, and where. Poly is focused on making easy-to-use solutions also easy to manage.
The Poly logo honors the company’s new path forward as well as its legacy: its lava red color and angle of letters form a propeller to reflect Plantronics 60-year aviation lineage while its three legs are inspired by the design of Polycom’s iconic conference phone.
“Our new brand represents the many elements of our history that we bring together to enable people to work the way we all work now, which is anywhere and across multiple collaboration tools,” said Amy Barzdukas, executive vice president and chief marketing officer, Poly. “No other company has as many communications devices and services that we offer across any platform of choice, and the true power will be in how we bring them together so people can do more.”
New Solutions, Demonstrated Hands-On
Starting today at Enterprise Connect 2019, Poly is unveiling new products and services to realize the company vision. Visitors to the Poly booth (#713) will have a chance to meet with executives to learn more about the new company and its latest offerings, which include:
- Polycom Studio, an easy-to-use video USB bar that upgrades huddle rooms to business class and works with services like Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Skype for Business, Google Meet, Cisco Webex, or Amazon Chime.
- Plantronics Elara 60 Series, the mobile phone station designed for the increasingly mobile-first worker and provides users with a one-touch Microsoft Teams experience.
- Eagle Eye Cube, a video conference camera with 4k sensors for crystal clear image quality as well as rich sound to upgrade meetings in small to mid-sized rooms. Eagle Eye Cube is designed to work with many existing solutions including Polycom Trio with VisualPro and Group Series.
- Blackwire 7225, an intuitive UC headset designed for concentration in open offices with a sleek, boomless design. Blackwire 7225’s active noise cancellation allows for focus so people can work, listen to music and sound professional on calls from a PC or Mac.
- The Plantronics Status Indicator, a wired presence indicator that sits on your desktop and connects with whatever communications platform you’re using to let others know if you are available, on a call or away from your desk. Visual and audio alerts sound for messages and calls.
- Plantronics headsets and Polycom phones provide end users ‘better together’ functionality, allowing basic and advanced headset features to be easily changed directly from the desk phone touch screen interface, without the need for a connected PC.
- The latest version of Plantronics Manager Pro, v3.13, that gives IT pros the confidence of knowing what devices they have, what’s working, and what’s not – and what to do about it.
- Polycom Device Management Service for Enterprises, which now supports and manages Polycom Studio as well as added API functions for better control and management of large deployments.
- IDAM, Identity and Access Management consultant
The IDAM Consultant is responsible for leading implementation and support of high quality Identity and Access Management services while adhering to standards and best practices. The ideal Candidate would have experience primarily in IAM to serve as a member of a key client engagement teams that assist clients in employing proper information systems, resources, and controls to maximize efficiencies and minimize risk. Ability to take up challenges, adapt to the business needs, and staying focused on delivering results are essential to the success of this role. Key Accountabilities: • Serve as key member of the Identity Management Implementation teams delivering projects at client locations based from Home/London. • Participate in customer work shop to gathering understanding of the customer’s business requirements as it pertains to a solution to manage information security in their organization. Liaise with organizational teams such as Audit, Enterprise Architecture, Help Desk and Application owners • Develop and present a roadmap for security and identity and access management policies • Participate in detailed design and architecture workshops that will address requirements related to people, processes and technology • Perform hands-on implementation, troubleshooting, and setup of the technical infrastructure. • Provide training and knowledge transfer to internal employees and customers on various identity management products and technologies Qualifications Must Have Requisites: Must have previous years of experience and solid knowledge of: • Any Identity Manager: • Any Single Sign On Solution: • Directory servers: Sun DS, ODIEE • Application/Web Server: Websphere, Jboss, Weblogic, Tomcat • Languages: Java, .Net, Xpress • Web Technologies : HTML, XML • Operating Systems: Windows 2003/2008/2012, Unix, Solaris • Tools: VMware Workstation, LDAP Browser, SQL Developer
- Contract Cyber Security Project Manager
Aiding in the transformation of Cyber related projects and programmes ideally with Cloud Azure experience. Experience managing multiple project workstreams including Privileged access management (PAM) projects preferred. Prince2 experience. Outside IR35 Clients based in London
- Cloud Security Application architect, Contract
CSenior Cloud Security Application Architect / Security Consultant with a Cloud Application development background is needed for a 3-6 month initial contract (which is likely to extend) to help a Global business define, design, realign , document and migrate Cloud based applications / solutions in a secure way. Experience must include; Cloud Enterprise application architecture, an application development knowledge (tools, automation / deployment solutions), a background from a development would be ideal (this is not hands on development) but it would always help, This position will help drive the review and development of their cloud security offerings. Broader knowledge security policies and compliance is highly desirable. Client based in London
- Identity & Access Management Architect Contractor
Identity & Access Management Architect Contractor London • Extensive PAM / IAM experience required, • MUST have CyberArk and or Beyondtrust. Privileged access management • Technical review, recommendation, design and hands on technical skills key. • Cloud Azure architect experience ideal. • 6 month contract • Outside IR35