Meet Poly: Plantronics + Polycom Relaunches to Focus on Driving the Power of Many
Plantronics, Inc. (“Poly”), has this week announced that the company will transform into Poly, a technology company focused on the human experience of communications and collaboration, aiming to make communication as rich and natural as in-person.
Poly, which means “many,” leverages the legendary audio and video expertise of Plantronics and Polycom and its breadth of smart endpoints that connect across and between unified communications platforms to reduce the distractions, complexity, and distance in the modern workspace. Poly aims to be the solution of choice whenever and wherever collaboration clouds reach people.
“Today feels like my first day as CEO of a new company,” said Joe Burton, president and chief executive officer, Poly. “We see limitless opportunity for how people communicate and collaborate today. With advancements in AI, machine learning and new technologies, we see a future where Poly makes the connection, then quietly steps out of the way to become the one thing you don’t notice in the meeting.”
Poly will focus on four distinct areas of innovation:
- Making workspaces intuitively work for everyone. The modern open office has introduced distraction and noise into the work place, leading to lower productivity and employee satisfaction. Poly offers solutions today to address audible distraction in open spaces as well as technologies that make huddle rooms as powerful as traditional board rooms.
- Helping people collaborate, their way. People are now using three or more collaboration solutions in a given day and need endpoints that work with and across those solutions. Poly offers a wide range of solutions to meet this growing need.
- Designing solutions that are mobile-first for the modern workforce. Whether it is using a personal smart phone as a “business phone” or navigating through a day where personal and business blend, workers need voice and video capabilities that move with them. Poly’s recently announced Elara 60 recognizes this is the new normal and joins Poly’s award-winning mobile headsets to give people high quality tools to be productive from anywhere.
- Advancing cloud services that help IT pros and users get more out of their devices. As the macro trend of end user empowerment continues, IT pros are more challenged to know what is being used, and where. Poly is focused on making easy-to-use solutions also easy to manage.
The Poly logo honors the company’s new path forward as well as its legacy: its lava red color and angle of letters form a propeller to reflect Plantronics 60-year aviation lineage while its three legs are inspired by the design of Polycom’s iconic conference phone.
“Our new brand represents the many elements of our history that we bring together to enable people to work the way we all work now, which is anywhere and across multiple collaboration tools,” said Amy Barzdukas, executive vice president and chief marketing officer, Poly. “No other company has as many communications devices and services that we offer across any platform of choice, and the true power will be in how we bring them together so people can do more.”
New Solutions, Demonstrated Hands-On
Starting today at Enterprise Connect 2019, Poly is unveiling new products and services to realize the company vision. Visitors to the Poly booth (#713) will have a chance to meet with executives to learn more about the new company and its latest offerings, which include:
- Polycom Studio, an easy-to-use video USB bar that upgrades huddle rooms to business class and works with services like Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Skype for Business, Google Meet, Cisco Webex, or Amazon Chime.
- Plantronics Elara 60 Series, the mobile phone station designed for the increasingly mobile-first worker and provides users with a one-touch Microsoft Teams experience.
- Eagle Eye Cube, a video conference camera with 4k sensors for crystal clear image quality as well as rich sound to upgrade meetings in small to mid-sized rooms. Eagle Eye Cube is designed to work with many existing solutions including Polycom Trio with VisualPro and Group Series.
- Blackwire 7225, an intuitive UC headset designed for concentration in open offices with a sleek, boomless design. Blackwire 7225’s active noise cancellation allows for focus so people can work, listen to music and sound professional on calls from a PC or Mac.
- The Plantronics Status Indicator, a wired presence indicator that sits on your desktop and connects with whatever communications platform you’re using to let others know if you are available, on a call or away from your desk. Visual and audio alerts sound for messages and calls.
- Plantronics headsets and Polycom phones provide end users ‘better together’ functionality, allowing basic and advanced headset features to be easily changed directly from the desk phone touch screen interface, without the need for a connected PC.
- The latest version of Plantronics Manager Pro, v3.13, that gives IT pros the confidence of knowing what devices they have, what’s working, and what’s not – and what to do about it.
- Polycom Device Management Service for Enterprises, which now supports and manages Polycom Studio as well as added API functions for better control and management of large deployments.
- Cloud SME Business Development Manager
- Up to £80,000 Base + OTE
Cloud SME Business Development Manager London/ Swindon Up to £80,000 base + OTE A Cloud SME Business Development Manager is needed for one of the largest Google Cloud Partners in the UK. You will be working for an award winning business who have received a significant amount of investment. The Cloud SME Business Development Manager will be responsible for opening and close new business opportunities within the SME/Small Medium Enterprise market selling Cloud Computing solutions such as Google Cloud. Requirements Currently selling Cloud Computing (AWS/ AZURE/ GCP) solutions to the Mid-Market/SME’s Currently working for a cloud and/or managed service provider Must be able to clearly demonstrate closing £1M+ deals Long tenure in current and previous positions. Track record of over achieving against target Cloud Jobs | Cloud Sales Jobs | Cloud Computing Jobs | Google Cloud Jobs | SME Jobs | SME Sales Jobs
- Cyber Channel Manager
- Up to £150,000 OTE
Cyber Channel Manager, South East, Cyber Vendor £150,000 OTE Cyber Channel Manager needed to establish (build upon existing), expand and then enable a sales channel for a Cyber Vendor. Current experience in building / onboarding channel partner (MSSP, Reseller, Integrator, etc) is essential, as is experience in enabling channel partners sales. (training, awareness, training, sales strategies etc). This is a key and strategic hire for the business. Must be commutable to the Reading / London area. All details kept in confidence.
- Cloud Presales Consultant
- Up to £90,000 + OTE
Cloud Presales Consultant London Up to £90,000 Base + OTE A Cloud Presales Consultant is needed to join a London based over achieving business who are leading the way with innovations in Cloud engineering. The Cloud Presales Consultant will responsible for providing technical support to the sales team. The Cloud Presales Consultant must have current experience designing and presenting cloud and other IT infrastructure solutions to high end enterprise clients. Other responsibilities include; responding to RFIs & RFPs, understanding customer requirements, high level network architecture & design and technical handover to implementation teams. Requirements Current experience within a Presales / Solutions Consultant role Technical knowledge and experience with IT Infrastructure and cloud solutions such as Azure, AWS, Office 365, GCP etc Currently/Recently working for an IT Services business’s consulting to enterprise (FTSE250) clients.
- Cyber Incident Response Consultant, Italy
- Up to €60,000
Cyber Incident Response Consultant, Italy Up to €60,000 Cyber Incident Response Consultant is needed to join a global consultancy whose cyber business unit are continuing to their investment in the growth of their team. The Cyber Incident Response Consultant role is client facing that will join an award-winning team that deliver varied, interesting and often challenging work to a wide range of prestigious clients. The Cyber Incident Response Consultant MUST have current experience taking a client through the complete IR / triage process and have a blend of both technical and commercial (identifying and developing new business opportunities within a client) Proactive Incident response, forensics and eDiscovery experience is a MUST. The Cyber Incident Response Consultant must be happy to travel. Key attributes should also include; stakeholder engagement, mentoring of team members, a collaborative working style. Technical experience must include; demonstrable experience within an cyber incident response, Forensic, cyber etc. Additional certifications could / should include GIAC certified (Intrusion analyst, incident handler, forensic handler) Any of the following are very desirable also CREST Certified Network Intrusion Analyst (CCNIA) CREST Certified Host Intrusion Analyst (CCHIA) CREST Certified Malware Reverse Engineer (CCMRE) CREST Practitioner Intrusion Analyst (CPIA) Career development and the opportunity to influence, apply today for more information.