Ping Identity Platform updated with new CX and IT automation
Ping Identity had announced updates to its software products, including PingFederate, PingAccess and PingDirectory.
The new versions improve the user and administrative experience, while also aiming to meet enterprise needs to operate quickly and purposefully.
In today’s digital world, enterprise IT and security professionals are increasingly seeking identity and access management (IAM) services to provide secure and positive customer experiences. However, they often don’t have the budget allocation necessary to make major investments in IAM.
Ping Identity’s cloud software features help enable enterprises to meet multiple business needs, taking ease of use and cost efficiency into consideration.
This is in addition to providing enterprises with the ability to reduce administrative burdens and deliver frictionless user experiences.
Ping Identity product management vice president Loren Russon says, “As the market for identity security evolves and enterprises continue to demand cutting-edge products, Ping Identity aims to improve our products without sacrificing user experience.”
What’s New in PingFederate
The updated authentication policies in PingFederate make it easier for administrators to manage policies for improved end-user experiences through passwordless authentication.
New standards help enable the secure authorisation of devices that don't have keyboards and browsers.
Additional features reduce administrative burden with enhancements to host multiple branded domains.
Key highlights include:
- OAuth 2.0 Device Flow for Easier IoT Device Authorisation: End users can now authorise input-constrained devices, such as smart televisions, cars and kitchen appliances, to access resources on their behalf. Previously, when users needed to authorise devices that didn’t have web browsers or keyboards, it was difficult to enable them using non-standard methods.
- Easier management of multiple branded domains: Admins can more seamlessly manage multiple domain names in a single PingFederate solution with the added support of TLS Server Name Indication (SNI), making it easier to support many user populations targeting different brands of companies.
What’s New in PingAccess
PingAccess shortens enterprises’ implementation timelines and lowers deployment efforts.
It also provides a streamlined user experience and architecture options that are key to their Web Access Management (WAM) Modernisation projects.
Key highlights include:
- Managing hybrid IT landscapes with PingOne for Customers: PingAccess now enables enterprises to use OpenID Connect, an industry-wide authentication standard, to bridge from the cloud-based PingOne for Customers to legacy applications in their private cloud or data centre. Native support for PingOne for Customers allows enterprise administrators to more easily manage hybrid environments of SaaS, legacy applications and APIs.
- Improved PingFederate integration: A tighter integration between PingAccess and PingFederate improves the performance and exchange of data. With new features such as local OAuth token validation, PingAccess can now reduce backchannel communication between IT and the token provider.
What’s New in PingDirectory
PingDirectoy features enhancements help manage identity data—moving at enterprise-level speed and reducing administrative burden. Key highlights include:
- New REST API: A new REST API for identity data lets enterprise application developers use the latest programming languages and popular open source libraries. This allows them to quickly add more applications with more app features to match the increasing demands and pace of today’s enterprises.
- New search engine intelligence: New search engine capabilities apply statistics and metadata to improve performance, and reduces the admin’s need to manipulate code and configuration.
- Integrations with Tivoli Directory Server and Microsoft Identity Manager: These directory integrations give enterprises the ability to migrate and manage identity data from multiple data stores, allowing them to create and manage a unified profile.
- Information Security Manager- Global Sporting Brand. UK. £100,000
REFCH8265 Identifier Project Information Security Manager- Global Sporting Brand. UK. £100,000 A unique and exclusive opportunity to DCL Search to provide leadership and guidance Information and IT Security practices to one of the most recognised sporting brands in the world. You will be the envy of your colleagues, friends and peers as you take the lead in developing and implementing a security strategy. You must have a blend of knowledge across information security and technical security and be able to build internal and external stakeholder relationships. To coin a well known phrase, you should be a player manager. You don’t need to be currently hands on configuring firewalls, monitoring SIEM alerts, but maybe you have in the past. Ideally you will have come from a technical background as you will be closing be working with technical teams. Skills should include, but not be limited to: Managing / developing to Incident response plans. Information Security Risk Management / compliance. Security awareness Driving remediation plans to address vulnerabilities etc. Hybrid working. Up to £100,000 + benefits.
- Lead Information and Cyber Security Specialist, Financial Services. Exclusive to DCL Search
Consultative approach with experience engaging with internal stakeholders providing advice and guidance across information security policies and standards into projects and programmes. Risk identification / Assessment / Management across people and process. ISO27001. Open mindedness to take on projects and programmes that will involve advising, scoping, refining, improving technical security control relating to best practice. Preferred experience; PCI DSS ISA or consultative experience within security Payment card industry. Information Security / technical security controls within Financial Services. Risk Assessment / management across technical controls. Technical Security background. Experience within secure by design and the technical security controls relating to projects / programmes. iSO27001 Lead Implementer / Auditor. CISA, CISM, CISSP. 2 days a fortnight in London- or more if you want.. Hybrid reworking.
- Cyber Security Associate, Financial Services. Exclusive to DCL Search
Exclusive Cyber Security Associate needed within a forward thinking financial services business head quartered in London. DCL Search have been engaged on an Identifier Project to attract the very best cyber talent to this business. Influence the cyber security capability and direction within the business. Learn new skills working within a collaborative team. Grow as a security professional. ROLE Triaging and troubleshooting security alerts at a level 1 / level 2 capacity. Reviewing security change management requests. Managing and use of security tooling such as; Endpoint management Vulnerability management Patch management CASB Experience with the following tools is desirable. ZOHO Desktop Central (Endpoint Management) Splunk (SIEM) Qualys CASB (Microsoft) Microsoft Azure Varonis DatAdvantage ADAudit Plus Sonicwall, Paloalto, Dark Trace, Cloudflare, Cisco Umbrella, Microsoft defender.
- Senior Cyber Security Engineer, Financial Services. Exclusive to DCL Search
Exclusive Senior Cyber Security Engineer needed within a forward thinking financial services business head quartered in London. DCL Search have been engaged on an Identifier Project to attract the very best cyber talent to this business. Influence the cyber security capability and direction within the business. Learn new skills working within a collaborative team. Grow as a security professional. ROLE Day to day operations, management and scalability of existing cyber security systems Managing of and maturing security tooling such as; SIEM Endpoint Management Firewall Patch Management CASB Vulnerability management. Triaging and troubleshooting security alerts. Improve tooling, reducing false positives. Reviewing, approving, escalating security change management requests. Implementing new cyber security systems. Ideal technical experience · Vulnerability Management: Qualys · Endpoint Management: ZOHO Desktop Central · Forcepoint: CASB, DLP, webs security, email security. · SIEM (Splunk) · Firewalls: Sonicwall, Palo Alto · Endpoint Microsoft Defender · Appreciation of ISO27001, GDPR, PCI, etc 2 days a fortnight in London- or more if you want.. Hybrid reworking.