Data Centre Pricing in the UK remains higher than in other large EU markets
The January 2019 editions of the Euro-Data Centre and the UK-Data Centre Trends Trackers published by datacentrepricing.com highlights that UK average pricing remains more expensive than the other large markets of Germany, France and the Netherlands.
The UK Data Centre cluster pricing varies by 40 per cent according to UK geographical region.
The report also reveals that the fast growth European Data Centre clusters include Frankfurt, Amsterdam and Slough – with Frankfurt uniquely being the largest cluster in Europe as well as among the fastest growing.
The Euro-Data Centre Trends Tracker provides up to date analysis of the 15 key Data Centre Country Markets in Europe with the total market size including space, power, new facility developments and average price changes. Over the past six month period to the end of 2018 the Euro-Data Centre Trends Tracker finds that:
- Germany has seen rapid growth in new Data Centre space and facilities – with new developments focused on the Frankfurt area. New facilities are being built by Equinix, Etix Everywhere, e-shelter, Interxion, Global Switch & CyrusOne in Frankfurt with Noris Networks extending its Munich facility, and T-Systems expanding its Biel facility. Frankfurt as a result has become the largest single Data Centre cluster in Europe (overtaking the London & Inner M25 cluster).
- The four largest Data Centre country markets - which are the UK, Germany, France and the Netherlands - provide around 71 per cent of Data Centre space across the 15 largest European markets.
- In Europe new Data Centre facilities are also being added in Amsterdam (including e-shelter, Equinix, Evoswitch & Interxion), in Madrid new Data Centre space is being built by Data4, e-shelter (planned), Equinix & Interxion.
- The highest average Data Centre pricing in Europe is to be found in Switzerland, the UK and Ireland. The lowest average Data Centre pricing is to be found in Poland, the Czech Republic and Italy.
The UK-Data Centre Trends Tracker edition reveals the following trends:
- Recent UK growth in new Data Centre space has slowed – However, new Data Centre space over the six month period to the end of 2018 is being added within the London area by Virtus and Interxion & in Slough by Equinix.
- By the end of 2018 new Data Centre space has been added by Virtus (at Stockley Park & Slough), by Interxion (London) and Equinix (Slough). Into 2019 more Data Centre space is to be introduced by Virtus, CyrusOne, Equinix (Slough) – and e-shelter has announced that it is to build a new Data Centre campus in Dagenham (East London, within the London M25 area).
- UK average pricing varies considerably by Data Centre cluster – with around 12 major clusters across the UK, including within the London M25 area, Slough, Cardiff, Woking, Reading, Manchester, Leeds & Newcastle. The highest pricing is now seen in the London & Slough areas, with the lowest seen in Cardiff, Manchester & Newcastle areas.
- London & the Inner M25 area still has the largest concentration of Data Centres. But Slough (Berkshire) has become the second largest UK cluster, followed by Cardiff and Manchester – with Slough seeing the highest rate of new Data Centre growth.
- UK Data Centre space is growing, but at a lower pace than in previous years. New Data Centre build-outs in the London area are dependent on converting brown-field sites (with Virtus converting former distribution warehouses into Data Centres, and e-shelter to build a new campus Data Centre on a former Aventis chemical plant). Slough has gained momentum as a fast growing Data Centre cluster.
- ForgeRock Consultant
- Upto €85000 plus benefits
ForgeRock deployment consultant is needed for this expanding IT Services business within Spain, to act as their ForgeRock technical lead, Responsibilities include: High level and low level design, Scoping the techical needs of the project design, configure, develop and test the forgeRock deployment. We are looking for a strong IAM consultant ideally with ForgeRock experience, Must have strong Oauth 2.0, SAML and API experience
- IAM Consultant
- Upto €85000 plus benefits
An Identity & Access Management Consultant is needed for an expanding IT Security consultancy, based in France. (Remote role with monthly office meet-ups) The Identity & Access Management Consultant will be responsible for the technical design and implementation of Identity & Access Management/IAM products for a wide variety of clients. Deliver bespoke end-to-end consultancy service to our clients, from gathering requirements through to implementation. Work in a close team designing, developing, and implementing first-class IAM solutions. Manage client relationships, working closely with key stakeholders to continually evaluate business requirements and ensure the highest quality solution delivery. If you are interested we are looking for an individual with Previous experience working within the IAM or CIAM field is essential, Strong knowledge with SAML and Oauth and ideally OpenID Previous experience from any of these technologies: One Identity, SailPoint, Saviynt, Ubisecure, Ping Identity, would be advantageous
- Ping Identity Support Consultant- IAM Support
- upto €60,000 plus benefits
As the Ping Support specialist, you would be part of a team focused on Single Sign On (SSO) / Federation and Multifactor authentication, protecting our clients from unauthorized access and cyberattacks. The position is to provide 2nd/ 3rd line support, for the following tech. SSO, Federation, Reverse Proxy infrastructure, Apache servers, and its associated components and applications To be responsible for the day to day operational support, performance, tactical lifecycle management, and continuous improvement of the respective IT infrastructure. We are looking for someone with strong SAML and OAuth Knowledge as well as experience supporting the Ping portfolio of solutions Identity, Access, Federate
- IAM Architect Ping Identity, Access Federate
- Up to €110,000 plus benefits
An experienced Ping Identity Architect is needed for this global brand who are looking for someone who wants to join a growing Cyber Security team. We are looking for a senior Architect who can be responsible for the full IAM portfolio, including overseeing all BAU work as well as being responsible for the future strategy and development of the IAM portfolio further development and strategy You will be responsible for ensuring all architectures and best practices within the architecture framework are maintained and developed We are looking for someone with a strong Ping background, in Ping identity, federate, and Access, you will have worked as a senior consultant or architect in previous roles and ideally have some team-leading experience You will have good knowledge of architectural principles and patterns and their implementation into system and software design Experience in handling container technologies, cloud technologies, CI/CD (DevOps) and LDAP