Equinix investing in new green Helsinki data centre
Equinix, the global interconnection and data center company, has this week announced it will build a new International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data center in Helsinki, Finland. The data center – called HE7 – will provide interconnection and colocation to businesses to support their IT transformation initiatives. The first phase of the Helsinki data center will cost approximately $20M (€17M) and scheduled to open Q2 2019.
The new data center supports increasing demand for interconnection bandwidth capacity from local and multinational enterprises looking to gain a competitive advantage in the digital economy. These data centers are part of Platform Equinix™ which is comprised of 200 data centers in 52 markets globally.
Highlights/ Key Facts
- Helsinki is a digital gateway bridging the gap between Russia, the Baltic states and the rest of Europe through direct digital routes. This makes Helsinki an ideal location for companies that offer solutions globally and need interconnection to Cloud Service Providers(CSPs) or business ecosystems to address changing business needs.
- The new HE7 data center will enable customers to interconnect securely with 135+ businesses in Finland with an emphasis on leading financial services and content and digital media companies. HE7 will add 250 cabinets in its initial phase and expand to 1,475 cabinets at full build. The data center will use 100% green energy.
- HE7 will also provide direct, secure and dynamic software-defined interconnection through the Equinix Cloud Exchange™ Fabric to over 1,300 businesses including some of the largest CSPs including Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Oracle Cloud. Customers can take advantage of scalability, agility and connectivity over a self-service portal or API and through a single port, can discover and reach the aggregation of companies and ecosystems at Equinix on demand, locally or across metros. Additional connectivity is available via the Equinix Internet Exchange which allows drivers of internet traffic, including ISPs and content providers, to easily and effectively peer traffic and expand operations globally, as well as through Metro Connect.
- The investment in HE7 will also support the rapidly increasing private exchange of data between businesses – also known as interconnection. According to Equinix's Global Interconnection Index (GXI) Volume 2, Interconnection Bandwidth is expected to grow 48% per annum in Europe to reach 1,900+ Tbps by 2021, contributing to around 23% of Interconnection Bandwidth globally. The GXI states the importance of interconnections as business models become increasingly distributed and dependent on real time engagement of many users, partners and services provides.
- Helsinki's strategic location is reinforced by strong infrastructure in Europe including subsea cables which are key to the flow of data into and out of northern Europe. This includes connectivity to the Cinia C-Lion1 submarine data cable between Finland and Germany. Equinix customers can benefit from a capacity of 144 terabytes per second and a latency below 20 milliseconds between Helsinkiand Frankfurt.
- Sami Holopainen, Managing Director of Equinix Finland:
"Many of Equinix's local customers in Helsinki are looking to grow their presence as they require interconnection to cloud and SaaS providers to support IT transformation goals. As these businesses consider their options they realize the value of a future-proof environment for their digital journey. Platform Equinix is more than 200 data centers – it is a platform for innovation."
- IAM Consultant- One Identity Manager- UK Wide
- Upto £75,000 plus excellent benefits
One Identity IAM consultant is needed for this expanding UK based business, you will be responsible for: Developing and Supporting the Identity and Access management system based-on One Identity products Active Roles Server and Identity Manager. Further develop One Identity Manager’s integration with Service Now to provide automated JML processes and application access requests and fulfilment. Work across the business ensuring that the IAM solutions integrates into both the technology and business systems and processes, ideally automating as mush as possible. Work with the Governance Risk & Compliance (GRC) team to provide application access attestations and toxic combination alerting and reporting. Work on a mixture of IAM related projects to help to integrate new ideas and technology into the business to ensure the business stays fully compliant Assist in ensuring that all IAM capabilities are mapped to internal processes, policies, and standards. Develop metrics to measure and improve and also compile reports around the solution If you are interested in this opportunity we are looking for someone who is skilled within Identity Acess management, you will need to have worked with the One Identity product, ideally both Active Roles Server and Identity Manager Experience in managing and integrating with Microsoft systems (on-premise and cloud), such as Active Directory, Exchange, Office, SharePoint, etc.
- SailPoint Integration Consultant
- Upto £75000 plus benefits
SailPoint Integration Consultant. SailPoint Integration Consultant is needed for this expanding service business to help them with complex deployment with their FTSE focused customer base. They are looking for experienced SailPoint Integration Consultants who have: • Strong solution designing experience with in depth understanding of IAM concepts and thorough understanding of Sailpoint domain. • Thorough understanding of Identity and Access Governance concepts • Leading and creating Identity & Access Management (IAM) technical architecture • Secure by Design principles in Identify Access management, Privilege Access management • Familiar with cloud architectures, data management and source control from a security perspective. This is a great opportunity to join a business that is growing and looking for individuals who want to grow and develop and work on some of the most complex Sailpoint deployments.
- CyberArk Integration Consultant
- Greater London
- upto 75,000 plus benefits
CyberArk Integration Consultant. CyberArk Integration Consultant is needed for this expanding service business to help them with complex deployment with their FTSE focused customer base. They are looking for experienced CyberArk Integration Consultants who have: • Strong solution designing experience with in depth understanding of IAM concepts and thorough understanding of CyberArk domain. • Thorough understanding of Identity and Access Governance concepts • Leading and creating Identity & Access Management (IAM) technical architecture • Secure by Design principles in Identify Access management, Privilege Access management • Familiar with cloud architectures, data management and source control from a security perspective. This is a great opportunity to join a business that is growing and looking for individuals who want to grow and develop and work on some of the most complex CyberArk deployments.
- Penetration Tester, UK based. Ability to achieve SC clearance
- United Kingdom
Experienced Penetration tester- UK based with the ability to achieve SC clearance. On-going training and development and paid certifications / renewals. Interested to hear from all areas of penetration testing, web app, infrastructure, mobile, etc. MUST have current hands on experience delivering penetration testing. Ideally from a consultancy background with experience working with multiple clients. OSCP / CREST / CHECK / Tigerscheme penetration testing experience / certifications desirable. Apply today for more details. All information kept in the strictest of confidence.