Equinix investing in new green Helsinki data centre
Equinix, the global interconnection and data center company, has this week announced it will build a new International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data center in Helsinki, Finland. The data center – called HE7 – will provide interconnection and colocation to businesses to support their IT transformation initiatives. The first phase of the Helsinki data center will cost approximately $20M (€17M) and scheduled to open Q2 2019.
The new data center supports increasing demand for interconnection bandwidth capacity from local and multinational enterprises looking to gain a competitive advantage in the digital economy. These data centers are part of Platform Equinix™ which is comprised of 200 data centers in 52 markets globally.
Highlights/ Key Facts
- Helsinki is a digital gateway bridging the gap between Russia, the Baltic states and the rest of Europe through direct digital routes. This makes Helsinki an ideal location for companies that offer solutions globally and need interconnection to Cloud Service Providers(CSPs) or business ecosystems to address changing business needs.
- The new HE7 data center will enable customers to interconnect securely with 135+ businesses in Finland with an emphasis on leading financial services and content and digital media companies. HE7 will add 250 cabinets in its initial phase and expand to 1,475 cabinets at full build. The data center will use 100% green energy.
- HE7 will also provide direct, secure and dynamic software-defined interconnection through the Equinix Cloud Exchange™ Fabric to over 1,300 businesses including some of the largest CSPs including Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Oracle Cloud. Customers can take advantage of scalability, agility and connectivity over a self-service portal or API and through a single port, can discover and reach the aggregation of companies and ecosystems at Equinix on demand, locally or across metros. Additional connectivity is available via the Equinix Internet Exchange which allows drivers of internet traffic, including ISPs and content providers, to easily and effectively peer traffic and expand operations globally, as well as through Metro Connect.
- The investment in HE7 will also support the rapidly increasing private exchange of data between businesses – also known as interconnection. According to Equinix's Global Interconnection Index (GXI) Volume 2, Interconnection Bandwidth is expected to grow 48% per annum in Europe to reach 1,900+ Tbps by 2021, contributing to around 23% of Interconnection Bandwidth globally. The GXI states the importance of interconnections as business models become increasingly distributed and dependent on real time engagement of many users, partners and services provides.
- Helsinki's strategic location is reinforced by strong infrastructure in Europe including subsea cables which are key to the flow of data into and out of northern Europe. This includes connectivity to the Cinia C-Lion1 submarine data cable between Finland and Germany. Equinix customers can benefit from a capacity of 144 terabytes per second and a latency below 20 milliseconds between Helsinkiand Frankfurt.
- Sami Holopainen, Managing Director of Equinix Finland:
"Many of Equinix's local customers in Helsinki are looking to grow their presence as they require interconnection to cloud and SaaS providers to support IT transformation goals. As these businesses consider their options they realize the value of a future-proof environment for their digital journey. Platform Equinix is more than 200 data centers – it is a platform for innovation."
- SailPoint File Access Manager Consultant/ Architect
- discussed on applications
SailPoint File Access Manager (SailPoint FAM) Consultant/ Architect is required for an up coming projects, Ideally looking for someone with experience in Designing and deploying SailPoint FAM , this is a new Deployment, you will work with customer in the initial workshop phase, to understand requirements and to get the initial design, you will then be responsible for deploying the solution. This is a home based role, with some onsite visits required during the length of the project. We are looking for someone who has previous experience in Deploying SailPoint FAM (ideally done design work) Need to have experience with SharePoint and ideally Azure and Share file
- Outside IR35 Contract- SC / DV - Cloud / VMware Solution Architect
- Outside IR35
Solution Architect Contract - with active Security Clearance needed for Outside IR35 Contract London. SC / DV (must be willing to undergo DV) 6 month rolling Immediate Experience delivering technical Security Architecture design / assurance of security design. Specific experience with Cloud and VMWARE technologies Cross domain experience desirable HLD / LLD Current SC Clearance a must. London 3 days a week Immediately interviewing.
- Contract Night Shift Senior SOC Analyst | Microsoft Defender | Outside IR35
- United Kingdom
- Outside IR35
Contract Night Shift Senior SOC Analyst | Microsoft Defender / Sentinel | Outside IR35 Looking for an experienced SOC analyst to cover a night shift SOC operation. Level 2 technical Analyst. You must have current hands on technical experience with Microsoft defender / Sentinel within a customer facing SOC environment. This is a UK based position.
- DV Cleared CyberArk Consultant- Contract
- City of London
- Upto £700 per day
CyberArk Consultant is needed to be responsible for leading the deployment of CyberArk solutions for this Secure government site You will work with customer, helping to create CyberArk Strategic Roadmaps, on-boarding accounts, product and process integration into the CyberArk Solution and Proviso of Installation and technical Documentation. We are looking for this individual to have experience in: In CyberArk deployment, and ideally leady the deployment both strategically and also technically for this project we need the consultant to hold current DV cleared status For the right individual this could be a long term project.