Equinix investing in new green Helsinki data centre
Equinix, the global interconnection and data center company, has this week announced it will build a new International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data center in Helsinki, Finland. The data center – called HE7 – will provide interconnection and colocation to businesses to support their IT transformation initiatives. The first phase of the Helsinki data center will cost approximately $20M (€17M) and scheduled to open Q2 2019.
The new data center supports increasing demand for interconnection bandwidth capacity from local and multinational enterprises looking to gain a competitive advantage in the digital economy. These data centers are part of Platform Equinix™ which is comprised of 200 data centers in 52 markets globally.
Highlights/ Key Facts
- Helsinki is a digital gateway bridging the gap between Russia, the Baltic states and the rest of Europe through direct digital routes. This makes Helsinki an ideal location for companies that offer solutions globally and need interconnection to Cloud Service Providers(CSPs) or business ecosystems to address changing business needs.
- The new HE7 data center will enable customers to interconnect securely with 135+ businesses in Finland with an emphasis on leading financial services and content and digital media companies. HE7 will add 250 cabinets in its initial phase and expand to 1,475 cabinets at full build. The data center will use 100% green energy.
- HE7 will also provide direct, secure and dynamic software-defined interconnection through the Equinix Cloud Exchange™ Fabric to over 1,300 businesses including some of the largest CSPs including Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Oracle Cloud. Customers can take advantage of scalability, agility and connectivity over a self-service portal or API and through a single port, can discover and reach the aggregation of companies and ecosystems at Equinix on demand, locally or across metros. Additional connectivity is available via the Equinix Internet Exchange which allows drivers of internet traffic, including ISPs and content providers, to easily and effectively peer traffic and expand operations globally, as well as through Metro Connect.
- The investment in HE7 will also support the rapidly increasing private exchange of data between businesses – also known as interconnection. According to Equinix's Global Interconnection Index (GXI) Volume 2, Interconnection Bandwidth is expected to grow 48% per annum in Europe to reach 1,900+ Tbps by 2021, contributing to around 23% of Interconnection Bandwidth globally. The GXI states the importance of interconnections as business models become increasingly distributed and dependent on real time engagement of many users, partners and services provides.
- Helsinki's strategic location is reinforced by strong infrastructure in Europe including subsea cables which are key to the flow of data into and out of northern Europe. This includes connectivity to the Cinia C-Lion1 submarine data cable between Finland and Germany. Equinix customers can benefit from a capacity of 144 terabytes per second and a latency below 20 milliseconds between Helsinkiand Frankfurt.
- Sami Holopainen, Managing Director of Equinix Finland:
"Many of Equinix's local customers in Helsinki are looking to grow their presence as they require interconnection to cloud and SaaS providers to support IT transformation goals. As these businesses consider their options they realize the value of a future-proof environment for their digital journey. Platform Equinix is more than 200 data centers – it is a platform for innovation."
- IAM Consultant
- Upto €85000 plus benefits
An Identity & Access Management Consultant is needed for an expanding IT Security consultancy, based in France. (Remote role with monthly office meet-ups) The Identity & Access Management Consultant will be responsible for the technical design and implementation of Identity & Access Management/IAM products for a wide variety of clients. Deliver bespoke end-to-end consultancy service to our clients, from gathering requirements through to implementation. Work in a close team designing, developing, and implementing first-class IAM solutions. Manage client relationships, working closely with key stakeholders to continually evaluate business requirements and ensure the highest quality solution delivery. If you are interested we are looking for an individual with Previous experience working within the IAM or CIAM field is essential, Strong knowledge with SAML and Oauth and ideally OpenID Previous experience from any of these technologies: One Identity, SailPoint, Saviynt, Ubisecure, Ping Identity, would be advantageous
- Ping Identity Support Consultant- IAM Support
- upto €60,000 plus benefits
As the Ping Support specialist, you would be part of a team focused on Single Sign On (SSO) / Federation and Multifactor authentication, protecting our clients from unauthorized access and cyberattacks. The position is to provide 2nd/ 3rd line support, for the following tech. SSO, Federation, Reverse Proxy infrastructure, Apache servers, and its associated components and applications To be responsible for the day to day operational support, performance, tactical lifecycle management, and continuous improvement of the respective IT infrastructure. We are looking for someone with strong SAML and OAuth Knowledge as well as experience supporting the Ping portfolio of solutions Identity, Access, Federate
- IAM Architect Ping Identity, Access Federate
- Up to €110,000 plus benefits
An experienced Ping Identity Architect is needed for this global brand who are looking for someone who wants to join a growing Cyber Security team. We are looking for a senior Architect who can be responsible for the full IAM portfolio, including overseeing all BAU work as well as being responsible for the future strategy and development of the IAM portfolio further development and strategy You will be responsible for ensuring all architectures and best practices within the architecture framework are maintained and developed We are looking for someone with a strong Ping background, in Ping identity, federate, and Access, you will have worked as a senior consultant or architect in previous roles and ideally have some team-leading experience You will have good knowledge of architectural principles and patterns and their implementation into system and software design Experience in handling container technologies, cloud technologies, CI/CD (DevOps) and LDAP
- Security Engineer Contract £600 pd Outside IR35- SIEM, Vulnerability Management, DevSecOps
- United Kingdom
- £600 pd Outside IR35
Security Engineer Contract £600 pd Outside IR35 SIEM, Vulnerability Management, DevSecOps 6 month Contract Hybrid – some travel to London Google Chronicle – SIEM Crowdstike Spotlight – Vulnerability Management Google Cloud Platform - GCP Application security Core areas; Oversight of alerts with any improvement, fine tuning, enriching / use cases. Proactive vulnerability management – Prioritising and engaging with internal teams to remediate Advising / consulting within internal development teams to focus on, embed and evolve security as part of ongoing software / platform development. Push and enhance technical aspects of security forward. Beneficial experience Automation of security / data enrichment Looking to interview and engage ASAP