90% of enterprises to adopt multi/hybrid cloud by 2024
IDC has released its predictions for the IT industry in 2019 and beyond – and they’re very digital.
The past several years has seen IT and business leaders hell-bent on the digital transformation (DX) of their organisations as they look to base their systems on third platform technologies (cloud, mobile, big data & analytics, and social) and accelerate innovation through IoT, AI, and AR & VR.
IDC says this story of transformation is now well and truly into its second chapter, snowballing as organisations benefit from ‘multiplied innovation’ driven by expanded digital reach, pervasive intelligence, app and service development, and evolving customer expectations.
"As industries – and the global economy – rapidly realign and consolidate around digital innovation, CXOs must race to reinvent their organizations for the fast-paced multiplied innovation world," says IDC senior vice president and chief analyst Frank Gens.
"This means reinventing IT around a distributed cloud infrastructure, public cloud software stacks, agile and cloud-native app development and deployment, AI as the new user interface, and new, pervasive approaches to security and trust at scale."
IDC has compiled its top ten global IT predictions, which include:
1. By 2022 more than 60 percent of global GDP will be digitised with growth across all industries fuelled by digitally-enhanced offerings.
2. By 2023 more than 75 percent of all IT spending will be on third platform techonlogies, with more than 90 percent of enterprises building digital native IT environments to compete in the digital economy.
3. By 2022 over 40 percent of organisations’ cloud deployments will include edge computing, while 25 percent of endpoint devices and systems will execute AI algorithms.
4. By 2022 90 percent of all apps will have microservices architecture that enhances the ability to design, debug, update, and leverage third-party code, while 35 percent of all production apps will be cloud-native.
5. By 2024 a new class of professional developers producing code without custom scripting will expand the developer population by 30 percent and accelerate digital transformation.
6. With new tools and more developers, between 2018 to 2023 there will be 500 million new logical apps created, equal to the number built over the last 40 years.
7. By 2022 25 percent of public cloud computing will be based on non-x86 processors (including quantum), while organisations will spend more on vertical SaaS apps than horizontal apps.
8. By 2024 AI-enabled user interfaces and process automation will replace one third of today’s screen-based apps. Meanwhile, by 2022 30 percent of enterprises will use conversational speech tech for customer engagement.
9. By 2022 50 percent of servers will encrypt data at rest and in motion, more than half of security alerts will be handled by AI-powered automation, and 150 million people will have blockchain-based digital identities.
10. By 2022 the top four cloud ‘mega platforms’ will host 80 percent of IaaS/PaaS deployment, but by 2024 90 percent of G1000 organisations will mitigate lock-in through multi- and hybrid cloud technologies and tools.
Industry: Data Centre News
- CONTRACT SOC Manager. London / Birmingham. URGENT Immediate role.
REF7847 Contract SOC Manager. SC cleared, London / Birmingham. Initial 3 month Contract. SOC Manager needed to for an URGENT 3-4 month CONTRACT. SC clearance is essential. The project is to aid in the setup, implementation and management of resources to help with the initial stand up stages of a new SOC within a greenfield site. This is a short term contract role whilst a permanent hire is brought on over the coming 3 to 4 months. Experience engaging with and managing client stakeholder relationships as well as 3rd party relationships is critical. The role will involve; setting up, implementing and fine tuning the various initial stages of a SOC environment. Experience establishing and building out technical process / operational capability, managing of technical teams (analysts, engineers and architects, creation of policy / playbooks, fine turning is key. SPLUNK is the tooling of choice… Interviewing immediately. Set up a call with me today on https://calendly.com/chris-holt/arranged-call-with-chris-holt-remote-soc-role Direct contact details Chris.Holt@dclsearch.com or 07884666351
- SPLUNK Level 3 SOC Consultant, SIEM Splunk, London / Birmingham
REF CH7825 Level 3 SOC Consultant, SIEM Splunk, London / Birmingham £55,000 + Level 3 SOC Consultant, SIEM SPLUNK needed. Security Clearance. Permanent role Level 3 SOC Consultant, SIEM SPLUNK needed to join a public sector client. The ability to achieve SC clearance is essential. MUST have experience working with SPLUNK ideally to an Advanced Power User level. Splunk Enterprise Security (ES) knowledge and hands on experience highly desirable. The role will include, but not be limited to; managing and handling incidents end to end, supporting and mentoring level 1 / level 2 staff, supporting the SOC manager in the delivery of the SOC roadmap, engaging with the client stakeholders (other technical teams) as and where needed, use case development, advanced search and reporting etc. The individual MUST currently be living in the UK and be able to achieve UK security clearance. (SC) This is a permanent role To arrange a call with Chris Holt use this calendy link https://calendly.com/chris-holt/arranged-call-with-chris-holt-remote-soc-role Chris.Holt@dclsearch.com
- Aspiring Cyber Partner. Business lead, market maker.
Aspiring Cyber Partner (management consultancy) with Cyber specialism into Healthcare, Utilities and or Public Sector. Working with new and existing clients to help them solve, transform or evolve their cyber capabilities. MUST have; A proven management consultancy background in cyber. A history of identifying and closing new business opportunities. Currently Revenue generating / must be able to demonstrate recent wins. Client facing to board level with international businesses. Team leadership / mentoring experience. Extensive cyber industry experience. Digital transformation, Start-up environments etc. Experienced presenter at industry events, to be the public face of a business / capability. Breadth of knowledge across Cyber security. Service definition / creation. Would consider a senior director with experience delivering the above looking to step up. All conversations kept in confidence. To arrange a discreet call book a time to speak in my diary via https://calendly.com/chris-holt/cyber-partner-call Chris.Holt@dclsearch.com
- Internal Security Auditor, Level 1 Service Provider (ISO27001)
- Upto 65,000 plus benefits
Internal Security Auditor ISO 27001, PCI, needed to join a Cyber team within this expanding Fintech business. The Internal Security Auditor will have end to end responsibility for planning, delivering, remediating any findings etc. Experience working within financial services is highly desirable. This Is a great time to join a newly formed and growing Cyber team within a rapidly expanding fintech, that is taking a major share of its market. We are looking for someone with experience, (but not to be limited to) a mix of Information Security standards, frameworks, audit principles, controls / policies and the management and use of the technical tooling etc. ISO 22301, ISO 27001, NIST Cybersecurity Framework etc An ideal candidate will be working within an end user environment with a cyber consultancy background. Experience taking a company through accreditation is highly desirable Experience managing internal stakeholders, technical teams and external third parties essential Flexible working, but with the ability to get into London. This is an exclusive role to DCL Search & Selection.