90% of enterprises to adopt multi/hybrid cloud by 2024
IDC has released its predictions for the IT industry in 2019 and beyond – and they’re very digital.
The past several years has seen IT and business leaders hell-bent on the digital transformation (DX) of their organisations as they look to base their systems on third platform technologies (cloud, mobile, big data & analytics, and social) and accelerate innovation through IoT, AI, and AR & VR.
IDC says this story of transformation is now well and truly into its second chapter, snowballing as organisations benefit from ‘multiplied innovation’ driven by expanded digital reach, pervasive intelligence, app and service development, and evolving customer expectations.
"As industries – and the global economy – rapidly realign and consolidate around digital innovation, CXOs must race to reinvent their organizations for the fast-paced multiplied innovation world," says IDC senior vice president and chief analyst Frank Gens.
"This means reinventing IT around a distributed cloud infrastructure, public cloud software stacks, agile and cloud-native app development and deployment, AI as the new user interface, and new, pervasive approaches to security and trust at scale."
IDC has compiled its top ten global IT predictions, which include:
1. By 2022 more than 60 percent of global GDP will be digitised with growth across all industries fuelled by digitally-enhanced offerings.
2. By 2023 more than 75 percent of all IT spending will be on third platform techonlogies, with more than 90 percent of enterprises building digital native IT environments to compete in the digital economy.
3. By 2022 over 40 percent of organisations’ cloud deployments will include edge computing, while 25 percent of endpoint devices and systems will execute AI algorithms.
4. By 2022 90 percent of all apps will have microservices architecture that enhances the ability to design, debug, update, and leverage third-party code, while 35 percent of all production apps will be cloud-native.
5. By 2024 a new class of professional developers producing code without custom scripting will expand the developer population by 30 percent and accelerate digital transformation.
6. With new tools and more developers, between 2018 to 2023 there will be 500 million new logical apps created, equal to the number built over the last 40 years.
7. By 2022 25 percent of public cloud computing will be based on non-x86 processors (including quantum), while organisations will spend more on vertical SaaS apps than horizontal apps.
8. By 2024 AI-enabled user interfaces and process automation will replace one third of today’s screen-based apps. Meanwhile, by 2022 30 percent of enterprises will use conversational speech tech for customer engagement.
9. By 2022 50 percent of servers will encrypt data at rest and in motion, more than half of security alerts will be handled by AI-powered automation, and 150 million people will have blockchain-based digital identities.
10. By 2022 the top four cloud ‘mega platforms’ will host 80 percent of IaaS/PaaS deployment, but by 2024 90 percent of G1000 organisations will mitigate lock-in through multi- and hybrid cloud technologies and tools.
Industry: Data Centre News
- CONTRACT SIEM Cyber Security Operations Engineer. REMOTE OUTSIDE IR35
- United Kingdom
REFCH8165 CONTRACT SIEM Cyber Security Operations Engineer. REMOTE UK SIEM Engineer. 6 month Contract. OUTSIDE IR35 Working towards a "SOC 2" environment. CLOUD (AWS) experience essential. Three key functions; Monitor, Escalate and Triage incidents. Vulnerability Management / threat intel. SIEM configuration / management, review, enhancement More specifically; Work with internal teams to identify assets. Identity applicable threat feeds and work with internal teams to remediate. Patch Patch Patch. (Help mature process / identify gaps) Configuration / fine tuning of SIEM alerts. Create dashboards, Compliance reporting. Log ingestion. Experience across ISO27001 / SOC2 / SIEM / End Point Security is essential Contact me today for more information Chris.Holt@dclsearch.com Or 07884666351
- Cyber Security Operations Engineer. REMOTE UK. SOC2
- United Kingdom
REF8164 Cyber Security Operations Engineer. REMOTE UK Internal opportunity. New position. Exclusive to DCL Search. You will be the hands on technical eyes and ears of the Cyber security capability actively working to ensure and enhance the adherence to ISO27001 and "SOC 2" controls. You role will touch on the following · Security Monitoring- SIEM · Vulnerability Management / Testing · Incident Management · Asset management · Disaster Recovery planning · Change Management AWS Cloud experience is essential as is the ability to ensure patch management is prioritised across the business. Any CLOUD SIEM experience highly desirable. Contact me today for more information Chris.Holt@dclsearch.com Or 07884666351
- Lead Security Architect
- United Kingdom
Engage with key clients in an Architectural / technical presales capacity. Including Stakeholders, end users / partners. Working on new and existing Security projects to confirm that proposed solutions are fit for purpose from both a technical and regulatory capacity. Working closely with multiple vendor . Managed security service background ideal CLOUD Security (AZURE OR AWS), IDAM background ideal.
- Threat Vulnerability Management Analyst
- United Kingdom
To monitor, identify and alert internal teams of cyber threats and vulnerabilities. MIRE Att&ck, CIS, OWASP, Vulnerability management tools MUST be able to commute to central London MUST be able to achieve UK SC Clearance. On going support and development.