90% of enterprises to adopt multi/hybrid cloud by 2024
IDC has released its predictions for the IT industry in 2019 and beyond – and they’re very digital.
The past several years has seen IT and business leaders hell-bent on the digital transformation (DX) of their organisations as they look to base their systems on third platform technologies (cloud, mobile, big data & analytics, and social) and accelerate innovation through IoT, AI, and AR & VR.
IDC says this story of transformation is now well and truly into its second chapter, snowballing as organisations benefit from ‘multiplied innovation’ driven by expanded digital reach, pervasive intelligence, app and service development, and evolving customer expectations.
"As industries – and the global economy – rapidly realign and consolidate around digital innovation, CXOs must race to reinvent their organizations for the fast-paced multiplied innovation world," says IDC senior vice president and chief analyst Frank Gens.
"This means reinventing IT around a distributed cloud infrastructure, public cloud software stacks, agile and cloud-native app development and deployment, AI as the new user interface, and new, pervasive approaches to security and trust at scale."
IDC has compiled its top ten global IT predictions, which include:
1. By 2022 more than 60 percent of global GDP will be digitised with growth across all industries fuelled by digitally-enhanced offerings.
2. By 2023 more than 75 percent of all IT spending will be on third platform techonlogies, with more than 90 percent of enterprises building digital native IT environments to compete in the digital economy.
3. By 2022 over 40 percent of organisations’ cloud deployments will include edge computing, while 25 percent of endpoint devices and systems will execute AI algorithms.
4. By 2022 90 percent of all apps will have microservices architecture that enhances the ability to design, debug, update, and leverage third-party code, while 35 percent of all production apps will be cloud-native.
5. By 2024 a new class of professional developers producing code without custom scripting will expand the developer population by 30 percent and accelerate digital transformation.
6. With new tools and more developers, between 2018 to 2023 there will be 500 million new logical apps created, equal to the number built over the last 40 years.
7. By 2022 25 percent of public cloud computing will be based on non-x86 processors (including quantum), while organisations will spend more on vertical SaaS apps than horizontal apps.
8. By 2024 AI-enabled user interfaces and process automation will replace one third of today’s screen-based apps. Meanwhile, by 2022 30 percent of enterprises will use conversational speech tech for customer engagement.
9. By 2022 50 percent of servers will encrypt data at rest and in motion, more than half of security alerts will be handled by AI-powered automation, and 150 million people will have blockchain-based digital identities.
10. By 2022 the top four cloud ‘mega platforms’ will host 80 percent of IaaS/PaaS deployment, but by 2024 90 percent of G1000 organisations will mitigate lock-in through multi- and hybrid cloud technologies and tools.
Industry: Data Centre News
- Senior Cyber Risk Consultant, UK - Remote first- Exclusive
- United Kingdom
- Depended on experience.
Cyber Security Risk Consultant to join specialist, people first security consultancy. WARNING if you want a large, slow moving, high politics, high travel security consultancy that demands their a pound of flesh this is NOT for you. Client focused opportunity. Prior consulting experience is essential within Cyber Security. Experience working with businesses to identity and make recommendations to mitigate cyber risk. Some of the nice to have certifications. CRISC, ISO27001 Lead implementer, CISA, CISM, CISSP UK based - remote first mentality. (With some travel) Training budget Unlimited holiday Looking to interview immediately Unable to offer sponsorship.
- identity access Management Consutlant
- Upto £80,000 plus benefits
An Identity & Access Management Consultant is needed for an expanding business based in the United Kingdom. (Remote role with monthly office meet ups) The Identity & Access Management Consultant will be responsible for the technical design and implementation of Identity & Access Management/IAM products for a wide variety of clients. Deliver bespoke end-to-end consultancy service to our clients, from gathering requirements through to implementation. Work in a close team designing, developing, and implementing first-class IAM solutions. Manage client relationships, working closely with key stakeholders to continually evaluate business requirements and ensure the highest quality solution delivery. If you are interested we are looking for an individual with Previous experience working within the IAM or CIAM field is essential, Strong knowledge with SAML and Oauth and ideally OpenID Previous experience from any of these technologies: One Identity, SailPoint, Saviynt, Ubisecure, Ping Identity, would be advantageous
- 17'5 NOT 4 7R4P | Pen testing Lead 100k++
Lead Penetration tester wanted please. - This is however a Master level as appose to padawan. 1. 100k+ for the skilled individual. 2. Research / training time 3. Hybrid role- 3 days at home 2 in the office with the team in London. (11am - 16:00) 4. Exclusive opportunity. So yours to hear about if you are quick. Infrastructure and Web application / red teaming pen testing experience Someone that can scope, deliver and speak to clients.
- It's Pen Testing, The good, the bad and the ugly
- United Kingdom
A new lead Pen Testing opportunity, AND slightly different from the usual you may see. The good, the bad and the ugly… Lalalalala la laa laaaa The GOOD 1. £90-110k for the skilled individual. 2. Research / training time 3. Hybrid role- 3 days at home 2 in the office with the team in London. (11am - 16:00) 4. Exclusive opportunity. So yours to hear about if you are quick. The bad 1. You have to apply or email me so we can speak. 2. 17'5 NOT 4 7R4P or click bait The ugly 1. It’s only ugly if you don’t reply and someone else you know gets it. Infrastructure and Web application / red teaming pen testing experience Someone that can scope, deliver and speak to clients. Apply today for more information.