Computer security, cybersecurity, or IT security is the protection of computer systems from theft or damage to their hardware, software or electronic data, as well as from disruption or misdirection of the services they provide.
If you’ve done any research on the topic, you know that the choices in IT certifications are endless! We’ve combed through the recommendations for these top nine cybersecurity job titles and identified the certifications requested most.
- The CompTIA Cybersecurity Career Pathway: With CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+), CompTIA PenTest+ and CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP), the CompTIA Cybersecurity Career Pathway helps technical specialists achieve cybersecurity mastery, from beginning to end.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP):CISSP is an advanced-level cybersecurity certification put out by (ISC)2. It focuses on cybersecurity management skills.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA): At the associate level is where Cisco certifications begin to specialize, and some of the most common ones include CCNA Routing and Switching, CCNA Security, CCNA Cyber Ops and CCNA Data Center.
- GIAC:GIAC certifications cover topics including cyber defense, penetration testing, digital forensics and incident response, developer, and information security management.
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, commonly known as the United Kingdom (UK) or Britain, is a sovereign country lying off the north-western coast of the European mainland. In the United Kingdom there are many jobs that recrutiment companies can help you find your perfect job.
- Senior SOC Analyst
- Up to £70,000 plus beneftis
Senior SOC Analyst Senior SOC Analyst is required for this rapidly expanding managed security provider, this an interesting opportunity that will allow you to take on more responsibility and taskes than your average SOC position. Duties include, · Analysing alerts generated by SOC Analysts. · Ensuring that all Security Monitoring Systems and Consoles, including all Availability Monitoring Systems are monitored diligently and in a timely fashion by the whole shift team. · Analysing Customer reports to ensure accuracy and level of quality · Working to Customer SLA and ensuring these are met · Ensuring all incidents that are escalated for the 1st line are resolved within SLA and finding of issues feedback to the business · Working with Customers to configure host IDS / IPS policies. · Assisting with the on-boarding of new customers and log sources · Development of SIEM rules · Performing analysis of log files. We are looking for an experienced SOC Analyst who has had experience of handling Incident through to resolution, knowledge of either MS Sentinel or Elastic SIEM would be advantageous