£65,000 - £75,000
about 1 year ago
Systems Design Authority with client facing experience with a blend of responsibility for engineers with specific focus of product, technology or network, owning the design baseline and providing service design consultancy to the engineering teams, whilst engaging at the preparation for PDR stage of the project is needed to join a dynamic Consultancy in Bristol.
Systems Design Authority MUST have good key stakeholder management experience ideally across Private and Public sector.
The Systems Design Authority role will include, but in no way be limited to;
- Ensure that designs are adequate and meet the customer requirement.
- Ensure that the requirements are fully captured, managed, analysed and understood.
- Prepare PDR designs and present where required.
- Ensure that all design reviews run in a quality manner and add value to the engineering process (PDR, CDR, FsDR)
- Ensure that the design and selected equipment and operational procedures satisfy the requirements and they represent the chosen solution concept;
- Ensure that Verification and Qualification activities are conducted in a traceable manner (to the customer requirement)
- Establish the design requirements and ensure that design output records accurately reflect the design basis.
- Allocate and manage the naming, numbering and network IP address schemes and conventions.
- Capacity Planning & records (Ports, devices, modules, IOS variants).
- Ensure design control and ultimate technical adequacy of the design solution.
- Chairing Design Reviews as required, and supporting the Change Management Process as authorising signatories(RFC) for all Skynet 5, GiN based M2 and M1 services.
- Ensure that the design requirements and design records are fully identified and configured in line with business configuration management requirements and current best practice
- Lead design activities, for example those associated with design analysis and calculations.
- Ensure that implementation teams understand the expected design outputs and basis for the design; provide guidance and advice as required
- Sign-off authority for design documentation, TRR’s and TRB’s.
- Primary Interface into the Support Organisation for the nominated product, or service.
- Provide strategic consultation to engineering departments and the organisation on technology direction.
- Interface into network strategy and technological roadmap
- Supporting Incident Management escalations providing diagnosis and recommendations.
- Ensuring that designs are consistent across our Managed Services so that efficiencies can be achieved in area’s such as:
- Reusable network configuration
- Reusable knowledge and skills
- Simple, reusable, consistent and robust integration to other facets of Managed Services that the design needs to plug up to.
- Has acceptance from the wider SDA team on design strategies, which should be shared frequently
- Engineering degree or equivalent expert level qualifications / specialisations
- Specific training and competencies in:
- IP Architectures of Cisco / Juniper based networks
- Security / Cryptographic equipment
- Video / Voice systems / solutions
- Network Management Methodologies & Systems.
Experience with the following is desirable ; 3 years of Systems Design Authority exposure and 12 years of network experience.
Ideally you be SC Cleared or eligible to be SC Cleared.
This is an external facing opportunity.
Reference Number: OG7233