£30,000 - £40,000
5 months ago
Cyber Security Manufacturing Technician with a client facing background with a blend of strong test and repairs skills for test procedures and IPC standards knowledge is needed to join an innovative Management Consultancy in Cardiff.
Cyber Security Manufacturing Technician MUST have multi client facing experience, ideally across Private and Public sector. Be proactive with strong technical ability.
The Cyber Security Manufacturing Technician role will include, but in no way be limited to;
- Survey, test and repair of a variety of communication products in accordance with test procedures
- Build, test and repair of complex low volume communication products, in accordance with existing assembly and test procedures
- Maintain and develop product assembly and test capability by identifying potential process improvements and contributing to their implementation Coordinate and lead the necessary activities to ensure that products are built, repaired and tested effectively
- Ensure that cost, time and quality targets are achieved for allocated tasks
- Carry out manufacturability analysis and formal feedback to design engineering for initial build of complex communications products
- Repair PCB's to IPC standards
- Manage critical spares stock of components, Line Replaceable Items (LRIs), parts, tools, Test Equipment systems and Special-to -Type-Test Equipment (STTE)
- Qualified to A-Level/BTEC Level 3 in STEM subjects, or equivalent vocational qualifications
- Hands-on experience of applicable assembly, test and diagnosis techniques for complex electronic assemblies
- Experience in diagnostic fault finding down to component level on complex communication products with a desire to improve products and the processes used to build / test
- Experience in assembly and inspection to IPC standards (IPC J-STD-001, IPC-A-620, IPC-A-610)
- Self-motivated and results-driven
- Fluent English
UK Security Clearance is ideal or eligible to obtain NATO SC Clearance as a minimum.
This is a client facing opportunity with travel across UK and Mainland Europe.
Reference Number: OG7221