Computer security, cybersecurity, or IT security is the protection of computer systems from theft or damage to their hardware, software or electronic data, as well as from disruption or misdirection of the services they provide.
If you’ve done any research on the topic, you know that the choices in IT certifications are endless! We’ve combed through the recommendations for these top nine cybersecurity job titles and identified the certifications requested most.
- The CompTIA Cybersecurity Career Pathway: With CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+), CompTIA PenTest+ and CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP), the CompTIA Cybersecurity Career Pathway helps technical specialists achieve cybersecurity mastery, from beginning to end.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP):CISSP is an advanced-level cybersecurity certification put out by (ISC)2. It focuses on cybersecurity management skills.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA): At the associate level is where Cisco certifications begin to specialize, and some of the most common ones include CCNA Routing and Switching, CCNA Security, CCNA Cyber Ops and CCNA Data Center.
- GIAC:GIAC certifications cover topics including cyber defense, penetration testing, digital forensics and incident response, developer, and information security management.
- Tenable Vulnerability Analyst - CONTRACT outside IR35. SC cleared.
- United Kingdom
6 month rolling contract Outside IR35- immediate start. Threat and Vulnerability Analyst. Tenable.sc experience needed. The ability to deploy agent, configure environments, run active and passive scans, produce reports and prioritise remediation activities based on output Current and ACTIVE SC clearance is required
- Security infrastructure Engineer - Firewall | IDS | NAC | Cloud. Exclusive project, £75,000+
- United Kingdom
Security infrastructure Engineer - Firewall | IDS | NAC | Cloud. Exclusive project DCL Search exclusive Identifier Project. To join a financial services business. Key hire to be part of / influence the cyber security capability and direction within the business. Hands on experience managing / monitoring / upgrading / implementing / using the following; · Firewalls: SonicWall and or Palo Alto · NAC: Cisco OR Macmon · WAF | CASB | MDM Experience with SIEM monitoring / vulnerability analysis also highly desirable. MUST have current hands on experience with vulnerability management tooling and best practice. Current Financial services is a nice to have. Learn new skills working within a collaborative team. Grow as a security professional.
- Senior Architect - Identity Management
- City of London
Senior Architect - Identity Management needed. Must have current experience designing and implementing enterprise grade solutions. SSO/MFA Authentication, Privileged Access Management; Identity Governance Application Access Provisioning, Application Lifecycle Management Experience with OKTA highly desirable. TOGAF